BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-27-2023, 09:10 PM   #1
kapsjt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Iconic Sounds

Picked my 50e last week. I haven't had a chance to drive it much, but I am loving everything about the vehicle. Does the "iconic sounds" feature do anything other than add a barely noticeable engine hum while in sport mode? I have seen videos of other BMW's with iconic sounds where you can choose the sound simulation and volume level for different driving settings. As far as I can tell it is just on or off in the X5 LCI. Are there any adjustments available other than on or off?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 05:31 AM   #2
jkramerXXX7
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i, 24 X5 50e

I've tried it but as you mention, I find it to be barely noticeable when in hybrid mode. I've not tried Electric mode yet and it may be louder. When looking at YouTube videos, I was expecting it to be more defined than it actually is. My Pirelli's tend to drown out everything so maybe that's the problem......
I've not found a volume control.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 06:15 AM   #3
hiluca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2020-2024 X5 50e 2024-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapsjt View Post
Picked my 50e last week. I haven't had a chance to drive it much, but I am loving everything about the vehicle. Does the "iconic sounds" feature do anything other than add a barely noticeable engine hum while in sport mode? I have seen videos of other BMW's with iconic sounds where you can choose the sound simulation and volume level for different driving settings. As far as I can tell it is just on or off in the X5 LCI. Are there any adjustments available other than on or off?
To my understanding, i believe for the 50e the "iconic sounds" are only for the electric driving mode. so the same costumizable sounds you get in the BMW I7.

i don't think it changes the ICE sound in anyway in the cabin.
just like the previous 45e where there was no pumped in audio either.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 12:03 PM   #4
kapsjt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluca View Post
To my understanding, i believe for the 50e the "iconic sounds" are only for the electric driving mode. so the same costumizable sounds you get in the BMW I7.

i don't think it changes the ICE sound in anyway in the cabin.
just like the previous 45e where there was no pumped in audio either.
You are right. I don't think it does anything to the ICE. Not sure what it does with electric. I have tried driving around with Iconic Sounds both on and off and can't tell a difference in any mode.
Appreciate 0