BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-10-2023, 02:06 PM   #1
joshyth
Rep
Drives: Bmw X7

Blank screen on 24 x5 40i

Anyone have this issue on their X5 40i LCI? Is there anyway to reset it without going to the dealer? Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 03:06 PM   #2
traron
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 Msport S40i

We have had this happen a few times and it always comes back in a few seconds and up to now has not stayed off. I think you can reset iDrive 8 by holding the volume/power button down. Have not needed to do this yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 06:19 PM   #3
mojoJJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X6 xDrive40i

Yeah this and other weird stuff keeps on happening. Like apple maps would disappear from the instrument cluster, front cabin lights won’t light up door opening or pressing the switch etc etc. For me, they seem to fix themselves after some driving or locking and unlocking after a while. I’ve not meeded to reset iDrive so far.

With everything being software controlled, things like these do happen, specially on new systems. Car companies aren’t known for their software prowess or (more recently) quality control.
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2023, 06:43 PM   #4
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoJJ View Post
Yeah this and other weird stuff keeps on happening. Like apple maps would disappear from the instrument cluster, front cabin lights won’t light up door opening or pressing the switch etc etc. For me, they seem to fix themselves after some driving or locking and unlocking after a while. I’ve not meeded to reset iDrive so far.

With everything being software controlled, things like these do happen, specially on new systems. Car companies aren’t known for their software prowess or (more recently) quality control.
This and is why the self driving "super cruise" or what ever it is called scares me. WTF does one do when his software takes a crap at 80 miles an hour and aggressive driving a-holes all around you?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 06:48 PM   #5
realdah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5

This happened to me last evening, when inside a garage with very weak signal. But it came back very quickly after I pressed engine button. Hopefully this is just a glitch and can be resolved in 8.5
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 06:51 PM   #6
mojoJJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramite View Post
This and is why the self driving "super cruise" or what ever it is called scares me. WTF does one do when his software takes a crap at 80 miles an hour and aggressive driving a-holes all around you?
Yeah that happens more frequently than I’d like. I’d be chilling on the freeway with highway assistant keeping my eyes on the road, my ears on the music, perfect lighting conditions and perfect lane markings. Then all of a sudden the highway assistant craps itself for no apparent reason, with a loud, almost deafening “ding ding ding”; startles me out of my seat every time.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 03:55 PM   #7
joshyth
Rep
Drives: Bmw X7

Ended up going to the dealer. Did a battery reset and everything is fine for now.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 12:02 AM   #8
mojoJJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshyth View Post
Ended up going to the dealer. Did a battery reset and everything is fine for now.
You have a 40i right? How did you get the M logo in the gauge cluster? I have a X6 40i LCI and my gauge cluster doesn’t have the M logo on any screens.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 06:41 AM   #9
ctelimad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m8

Quote:
You have a 40i right? How did you get the M logo in the gauge cluster? I have a X6 40i LCI and my gauge cluster doesn’t have the M logo on any screens.
I think you need M professional package to have M logo
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 07:15 AM   #10
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Yeah that happens more frequently than I’d like. I’d be chilling on the freeway with highway assistant keeping my eyes on the road, my ears on the music, perfect lighting conditions and perfect lane markings. Then all of a sudden the highway assistant craps itself for no apparent reason, with a loud, almost deafening “ding ding ding”; startles me out of my seat every time.
I have absolutely no use for that crap at all. Forget about it, really getting tired of being at the mercy of all this electronic stuff taking control of everything.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 09:24 AM   #11
mojoJJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctelimad View Post
I think you need M professional package to have M logo
Yes, I have the M sport professional package.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0