BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-07-2024, 04:11 PM   #1
livyosah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4, X5 m60i, 650S, 765moto2

Smile MY25 X5 Week 32 Builds

Hello all! I'm new to the forums I see I'm not the only lady here, so that's nice!

My 25’ X5 M60i is set for a week 32 build *Aug 5-11

Anyone else here have the same build week? seems like ages away... the genius guy I spoke with said it had something to do with the individual color I selected, Ruby Red II Metallic

Here is the build...

Ruby Red II Metallic
Black Extended Merino Leather
Individual Piano Black Finish Trim
Climate comfort package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Parking assist package
Executive package
Anthracite Alcantara headliner
Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Sound System
M Sport Professional Package w/ red calipers
Adaptive M Suspension Professional
Front massaging seats
Leather dashboard
Trailer hitch *needed this for my motorcycle trailer

21” M Light Alloy V-spoke Bi-color wheels, Style 915M with mixed runflat

I thought about getting the X7 m60i and looked at the Alpina XB7... but decided on just maxing out the X5 instead... couldn't justify the higher priced X7's for my needs, well not yet anyway lol.

Appreciate 3
      05-07-2024, 07:50 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Welcome to the forum. A very nice build, the only suggestion would be to add the space saver spare. Unfortunately you are likely pass the last change date so you wouldn't be able to.

They batch the Individual colors so that is why you are so far out. The first batch for MY25 is in June. That one must be filled up since we have seen others with an August build. Hopefully the wait isn't too bad.
      05-07-2024, 11:02 PM   #3
livyosah
United_States
Rep

Hi there, thank you 😄

My order was accepted two days after the dealer placed it, so I’m definitely past the point of adding the spare. Even so, the wheels I selected will have run flats and that is why I didn’t add the spare. I figured that would be good enough. I guess I’ll find out… someday 😵‍💫

As for the long wait… I’ll just say once I learned that it wouldn’t be built till August, I realized I picked the wrong week to quit drinking 😂
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 12:17 AM   #4
blockhead25
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X3

That is a heck of a build. Color looks great in the build photos. Looking forward to seeing the pictures in August when you get it!
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2024, 08:46 AM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyosah View Post
Hi there, thank you 😄

My order was accepted two days after the dealer placed it, so I’m definitely past the point of adding the spare. Even so, the wheels I selected will have run flats and that is why I didn’t add the spare. I figured that would be good enough. I guess I’ll find out… someday 😵‍💫

As for the long wait… I’ll just say once I learned that it wouldn’t be built till August, I realized I picked the wrong week to quit drinking 😂
Guess it could be worse.
Attached Images

05-08-2024, 10:13 AM   #6
JFS007
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

Quote:
Hello all! I'm new to the forums I see I'm not the only lady here, so that's nice!

My 25’ X5 M60i is set for a week 32 build *Aug 5-11

Anyone else here have the same build week? seems like ages away... the genius guy I spoke with said it had something to do with the individual color I selected, Ruby Red II Metallic

Here is the build...

Ruby Red II Metallic
Black Extended Merino Leather
Individual Piano Black Finish Trim
Climate comfort package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Parking assist package
Executive package
Anthracite Alcantara headliner
Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Sound System
M Sport Professional Package w/ red calipers
Adaptive M Suspension Professional
Front massaging seats
Leather dashboard
Trailer hitch *needed this for my motorcycle trailer

21” M Light Alloy V-spoke Bi-color wheels, Style 915M with mixed runflat

I thought about getting the X7 m60i and looked at the Alpina XB7... but decided on just maxing out the X5 instead... couldn't justify the higher priced X7's for my needs, well not yet anyway lol.

I have week 32 for my Individual Color X5MC so I am in the same waiting game now 🙃
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2024, 10:27 AM   #7
livyosah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFS007 View Post
I have week 32 for my Individual Color X5MC so I am in the same waiting game now 🙃
It’s gonna be a looooong summer amiright

Which color did you choose?

I discovered *Wild Berry metallic on the BMW individual site… they have some amazing colors don’t they?!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2024, 10:39 AM   #8
JFS007
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I discovered *Wild Berry metallic on the BMW individual site… they have some amazing colors don’t they?!
I decided that I wanted something unique and went with Urban Green (planning on Stealth wrapping it) with Adelaide Grey interior. Picked all the other options aside from the M Driver Package since I am not taking it on a track nor need to go that fast…
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2024, 10:52 AM   #9
JFS007
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Long summer indeed 🥹
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2024, 04:30 PM   #10
Gladiator1972
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Looking for 2024 X5 x40i

Welcome and congratulations! Heck of a vehicle you have coming to you.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2024, 08:49 PM   #11
livyosah
United_States
Rep

Nice color choices JFS007!

And thank you, Gladiator1972 😄

I’m actually driving around nearly the same X5, just doesn’t have all the options I chose above.

It’s a crazy story about my visit to the dealer and a miscommunication by the sales team when I bought the X5m60i I have. I was told it was towing ready (it wasn’t) and had other features it doesn’t actually have and I didn’t know any better until after the fact… it’s more nuanced than I’m saying just to make this “brief”.

So, I walked away with a ruby red 24’ x5 m60i without what I needed, but the dealer is making it up to me through my order above. They played with the numbers so I don’t lose any money when I trade in what I have for the order that I placed. It was their mistake and they’re making an effort to correct it. I’m pleased with it so far!

And I get to drive around this new x5 then trade it in for another new one lol …what a mess
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 06:27 AM   #12
Gladiator1972
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I’m actually driving around nearly the same X5, just doesn’t have all the options I chose above.

It’s a crazy story about my visit to the dealer and a miscommunication by the sales team when I bought the X5m60i I have. I was told it was towing ready (it wasn’t) and had other features it doesn’t actually have and I didn’t know any better until after the fact… it’s more nuanced than I’m saying just to make this “brief”.

So, I walked away with a ruby red 24’ x5 m60i without what I needed, but the dealer is making it up to me through my order above. They played with the numbers so I don’t lose any money when I trade in what I have for the order that I placed. It was their mistake and they’re making an effort to correct it. I’m pleased with it so far!

And I get to drive around this new x5 then trade it in for another new one lol …what a mess
What do you ride? doing track days?
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #13
livyosah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator1972 View Post
What do you ride? doing track days?
I got a 24' triumph street triple 765 moto2 last summer and its my first bike I haven't done any track days. I'm obv new to riding, so I don't plan to anytime soon unless I take some additional training.

Do you ride?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #14
Gladiator1972
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I got a 24' triumph street triple 765 moto2 last summer and its my first bike I haven't done any track days. I'm obv new to riding, so I don't plan to anytime soon unless I take some additional training.

Do you ride?
I did in a previous life (before my kids were born). Fun times but very dangerous on the street because of people being distracted behind the wheel. Good luck and rubber side down.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:03 AM   #15
JFS007
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thanks - like you said, there are a lot of cool colors. I have a Sonoma green RS5 and I ended up loving green in different sunlight. I live in the PNW and because of the profound switch in light over the year somehow the green just changes a lot.
Appreciate 1