04-20-2021, 08:23 PM   #1
Superman750
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 M50i

ConnectedDrive settings not transferring to new car

Hi all,

We've had my wife's car (X5) for about a month. I've been signed in to my ConnectedDrive account in her car and I've gotten my settings how I would like them. I have verified that the synchronize setting is checked under the profile. I received my X6 today, go to sign in, and nothing happened. Nothing seems to have transferred. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. Any recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 08:32 PM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman750 View Post
Hi all,

We've had my wife's car (X5) for about a month. I've been signed in to my ConnectedDrive account in her car and I've gotten my settings how I would like them. I have verified that the synchronize setting is checked under the profile. I received my X6 today, go to sign in, and nothing happened. Nothing seems to have transferred. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. Any recommendations?
did you set to sync driver profile in your car (in iDrive)?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 09:13 PM   #3
Superman750
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

Yep, synchronize has been activated in both cars
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 09:54 AM   #4
Superman750
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Yep, synchronize has been activated in both cars
To follow up on this, I called the BMW Genius line and they said that seats, mirrors, physical buttons (ie favorite buttons), etc. DO NOT transfer between cars logged in to the same profile. This goes against what I believe I have read in the forums. If anyone has experience otherwise, I'd love to hear how you did it.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 11:16 AM   #5
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
To follow up on this, I called the BMW Genius line and they said that seats, mirrors, physical buttons (ie favorite buttons), etc. DO NOT transfer between cars logged in to the same profile.
to me, this makes sense. how could seat and mirror settings on one vehicle work for another vehicle when the layout and cockpit aren't identical?

i hesitate to say the favorite buttons transfer between vehicles. in my case, my wife's G30 doesn't have the same features as my G05, so some of her buttons would either be blank (or something random). I would need to test this further, though.

I do know the interior LED color does transfer.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #6
Superman750
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
To follow up on this, I called the BMW Genius line and they said that seats, mirrors, physical buttons (ie favorite buttons), etc. DO NOT transfer between cars logged in to the same profile.
to me, this makes sense. how could seat and mirror settings on one vehicle work for another vehicle when the layout and cockpit aren't identical?

i hesitate to say the favorite buttons transfer between vehicles. in my case, my wife's G30 doesn't have the same features as my G05, so some of her buttons would either be blank (or something random). I would need to test this further, though.

I do know the interior LED color does transfer.
Thanks for confirming. I was hoping extremely similar cars (like the X5 and X6 or generational changes) would transfer as a starting point and I could adjust from there.

I can confirm that my color also did not transfer, but that is minor.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 12:36 PM   #7
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I can confirm that my color also did not transfer, but that is minor.
for me, if I change the LED in the G05, it'll follow me in the G30. if I change it in the G30, it'll follow me to the G05.

so odd... safe to say the software is buggy!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 06:24 PM   #8
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Thanks for confirming. I was hoping extremely similar cars (like the X5 and X6 or generational changes) would transfer as a starting point and I could adjust from there.
Seats, mirrors, and favorite buttons are not saved to the cloud so even going from an X5 to an X5 they will not transfer. That is why when you do a vehicle reset you lose those.
      05-02-2021, 02:54 PM   #9
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Seats, mirrors, and favorite buttons are not saved to the cloud so even going from an X5 to an X5 they will not transfer. That is why when you do a vehicle reset you lose those.

Do radio presets transfer? I have a '20 M50i and just setup my profile as a 2nd one in X5M ('21) just got for the wife. Looks like my nav history moved over but radio presets have not.

This would seem like something that would transfer. I did set to synchronize which is why my nav recent history does show properly so I'm guessing radio presets don't sync but wanted to check in case I'm just missing a step or something.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 03:42 PM   #10
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
Do radio presets transfer?
my response addresses the two locations where radio stations can be stored:
1) Favorites buttons... No.
2) Presets (such as on the instrument cluster or HUD via the steering wheel media button)... No.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 06:26 PM   #11
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
Do radio presets transfer? I have a '20 M50i and just setup my profile as a 2nd one in X5M ('21) just got for the wife. Looks like my nav history moved over but radio presets have not.

This would seem like something that would transfer. I did set to synchronize which is why my nav recent history does show properly so I'm guessing radio presets don't sync but wanted to check in case I'm just missing a step or something.
I thought they were supposed to but evidently not.