BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-01-2021, 12:51 AM   #1
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

New first BMW wash

I am a new BMW owner and plan on maintaining it decently. I dont plan on ceramic or PPF, just a normal user, but planning on keeping it washed and clean on a regular basis. I have a bunch of options but want to keep it simple and cheap. I live in an apartment and dont have a place where I can clean my car.

1. Using touchless car washes once a week or two - hearing mixed reviews about this. Some say the chemical used by touchless washes are abrasive.
2. Using self serve water hose from car washes and using my own soap. If you suggest this, any suggestion on what soap to buy for decent amount of protection.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 08:04 PM   #2
Mo2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

I would suggest washing the car yourself with your own soap. You can use any car washes they sell at auto parts like Meguairs and chemical guys.
Appreciate 1
jonatious249.50
      03-02-2021, 08:46 AM   #3
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ’23 X3 M40i Brooklyn Grey

Check out ‘Pan the Organizer’ on YouTube. Caution: you’ll end up buying way more stuff than you want or need but it’ll be fun!

He does really good reviews and explanations. I usually watch his videos at 1.5 speed and then rewind if I see something really useful or a product I want to get more info about.

That will at least give you a good start on so,e washing/detailing.
Appreciate 1
jonatious249.50