Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i 2014 Honda CRV

Suspension Question -Canadian packages

Hello all,
An open query to all.
Base X5 has the base suspension
Addition of
ZQX - M Sport package ($3K) provides a choice of 2VF (Adaptive M Suspension or 2VR (2 Axle Air Suspension)
OR
ZGT - Premium Enhanced Package ($8.5K) also provides a choice of 2VF (Adaptive M Suspension or 2VR (2 Axle Air Suspension)
Same with ZGU - Premium Excellence Package ($16K)

I understand either of the 2 suspension options have a cost of parts/install, etc over the base which is included in the package prices.
My question is if a prospective owner is specifying ZQX and ZGT or ZQX and ZGU - should there not be a cost reduction as both packages already include the costs of the upgraded suspension (parts/install)?
OR am I reading something wrong here.

FWIW: I am new to the forum and new to the BMW world. Looking to enter the fascinating BMW world with the 2019 X5.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 12:13 AM   #2
Roopster
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i 2014 Honda CRV

Bump - anyone in Canada have any thoughts?
Removing the 2VR/2VF from the equation, the M Sport package at CAD 3K then only includes the MSport Exhaust and Brakes, High Gloss Black roof rails, 20" or 21" M badged wheels and a M badged steering wheel.
Trying to figure out if these items are truly worth CAD3K.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 01:26 AM   #3
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roopster View Post
Bump - anyone in Canada have any thoughts?
Removing the 2VR/2VF from the equation, the M Sport package at CAD 3K then only includes the MSport Exhaust and Brakes, High Gloss Black roof rails, 20" or 21" M badged wheels and a M badged steering wheel.
Trying to figure out if these items are truly worth CAD3K.
Not sure why you would remove the suspension from the equation as it's a non-trivial part of the M Sport package, but yap $3K CAD for all that is a bargain relative to other markets. M Sport in Canada are improved: suspension, brakes, exhaust, and multiple cosmetics — seems like mostly a no brainer.

Beyond that random personal opinion, since we don't know what you value, it is impossible to advise you specifically without more context.

I guess you're lamenting that multiple packages have overlaps. Welcome to BMW Canada's approach to packaging. But overall, in ultimate analysis, we mostly get a pretty good deal on the bimmers in Canada relative to other markets.