02-12-2020, 03:56 AM   #1
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Passenger door rubber fell apart

Hi all

Just took delivery of my brand new X5 M50i. Very excited!

Amazing drive home.

Found 1 small issue with the passenger door seal. It had partially fallen out. So I just shoved it back into place. Image is attached.

View post on imgur.com

Just wondering, have other people had this happen to them? Is it enough to just push it back into place or is there meant to be some kind of adhesive that keeps it locked in? Just wondering if I need to go back into the dealer / service department to get them to redo it.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 10:00 AM   #2
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

I would call them up and let them know what happen. I do not know if the X5 uses any adhesive or if the rubber is supposed to hold it self.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #3
Ftpohyeah
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 X3 M Competition  [0.00]
2024 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoo View Post
Hi all

Amazing drive home.

Found 1 small issue with the passenger door seal. It had partially fallen out. So I just shoved it back into place. Image is attached.

View post on imgur.com

Just wondering, have other people had this happen to them? Is it enough to just push it back into place or is there meant to be some kind of adhesive that keeps it locked in? Just wondering if I need to go back into the dealer / service department to get them to redo it.

Thanks

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
I had the same thing but on the left passenger side. I pushed it back and it hasn't popped back out yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #4
Bancroft
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftpohyeah View Post
I had the same thing but on the left passenger side. I pushed it back and it hasn't popped back out yet.
Same here.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 05:01 PM   #5
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancroft View Post
Same here.
Thanks mate this is what I wanted to hear. Set me at ease after just getting the car lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftpohyeah View Post
Thanks mate this is what I wanted to hear. Set me at ease after just getting the car lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
I would call them up and let them know what happen. I do not know if the X5 uses any adhesive or if the rubber is supposed to hold it self.
I might actually let me SA or the service center know, just put some notes on the car. Just in case.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 05:41 PM   #6
cszekl
LOVE BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M340I Xdrive

Garage List
2022 M340  [0.00]
They are correct, that part just simply snaps on and off. You should be just fine. Enjoy the vehicle! I love mine!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 06:27 PM   #7
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszekl View Post
They are correct, that part just simply snaps on and off. You should be just fine. Enjoy the vehicle! I love mine!
Thanks mate. The more posts I get confirming this the better I feel.

I am loving it. The family loves it too, coming from an F80 M3, my wife loves this thing a lot more than my previous car.

I personally miss the sports car look but love basically everything else the X5 offers (Power, handling is great for its size and weight, luxury and utility).
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 07:07 PM   #8
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

I had a different issue, there were few threads hanging out from passenger side door. I let the dealer know and he just cut them off. My worry was if that would reduce any insulation but seems to be fine.

Now, I see a cable coming out underneath driver seat.

I love my car and its perfect SUV to drive but I am afraid can't say same about the workmanship.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 08:41 PM   #9
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
I had a different issue, there were few threads hanging out from passenger side door. I let the dealer know and he just cut them off. My worry was if that would reduce any insulation but seems to be fine.

Now, I see a cable coming out underneath driver seat.

I love my car and its perfect SUV to drive but I am afraid can't say same about the workmanship.
Cables move along with the seat, could be perfectly normal. I have seen this in many of the cars I've owned, including many BMW's. Many cables that are made to connect to moving members are covered in a snakeskin that is slippery to enable its travel. Some are in plastic tracks, some are not.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 07:55 AM   #10
chrisvd183
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoo View Post
Hi all

Amazing drive home.

View post on imgur.com

Thanks

I do have it also , the dealer will look into it, seems to be always the right passenger back door.
Appreciate 0