BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #1
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

BMW's myGarage showing "At dealership"

So my PCD is scheduled for next week Feb 21st and just out of curiosity I checked BMW's MyGarage and somehow I have TWO instances of vehicle profiles there now, one of which is showing the car is "at the dealership". I immediately reached out to my SA and he's saying the car is still at PCD, with no further explanation.

Is this normal? I did a quick google search and found two stories where the dealership did manage to "accidentally" ship the car to the dealership instead of leaving it at PCD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
DgjoX6M2016
F86, G05, E91
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateboi87 View Post
So my PCD is scheduled for next week Feb 21st and just out of curiosity I checked BMW's MyGarage and somehow I have TWO instances of vehicle profiles there now, one of which is showing the car is "at the dealership". I immediately reached out to my SA and he's saying the car is still at PCD, with no further explanation.

Is this normal? I did a quick google search and found two stories where the dealership did manage to "accidentally" ship the car to the dealership instead of leaving it at PCD.
Mine has been at dealer since we picked it up. Lol. Two months ago. Never Moves. Connected app is messed up.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #3
Mtn2Srf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Mine showed at the dealership as well and it was not there , I even physically verified that day. When I asked my sales advisor , he told me the system generally switches to “at the dealership” 3 to 4 days after carrier has been assigned. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 11:00 PM   #4
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Mine shows "at the dealership" also but I've confirmed it's at the performance center awaiting my delivery on 2/18
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 11:04 PM   #5
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
Mine shows "at the dealership" also but I've confirmed it's at the performance center awaiting my delivery on 2/18
Mine was like that 1 week before PCD, I just ignored it but giggled anxiously.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 08:56 AM   #6
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep

Good to hear everyone had the same situation. Via the Connected app on my phone, I could actually locate my car in SC so we're all set. It is a bit nerve wrecking when you are 1 week out from PCD and you already booked all your non refundable flight/hotel/rental etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #7
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateboi87 View Post
Good to hear everyone had the same situation. Via the Connected app on my phone, I could actually locate my car in SC so we're all set. It is a bit nerve wrecking when you are 1 week out from PCD and you already booked all your non refundable flight/hotel/rental etc.
How were you able to successfully add the car to your Connected App? It usually sends a code to the car that someone has to go into the car's notification system and retrieve. And then you need to put that code into the app to finish adding it. Did someone get the code from the car for you?
      02-13-2020, 10:16 AM   #8
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

My Garage has been showing "entered into production" for a week now. is that normal? is the site really not that accurate? curious to know how long each of the steps usually takes.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #9
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
How were you able to successfully add the car to your Connected App? It usually sends a code to the car that someone has to go into the car's notification system and retrieve. And then you need to put that code into the app to finish adding it. Did someone get the code from the car for you?
That's what I wonder too... I think I did see exactly what you described when I first added it, but now it seems I have limited access. I can see the statuses (e.g. window, door locks, etc.) as well as the location. It also shows fuel at 1% or 4 miles left

Maybe someone at Spartansburg approved it?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:28 AM   #10
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellch00 View Post
My Garage has been showing "entered into production" for a week now. is that normal? is the site really not that accurate? curious to know how long each of the steps usually takes.
Yes, it'll jump through the steps very rapidly once they start assembly... it'll be over before you know it.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #11
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
I was able to do the same thing. I figured someone at the PCD must have hit the "OK" button on the iDrive screen for me. It was neat to see the car move around the PCD as my pick up date approached. Note that from when my car was produced to when I picked it up, there was a 4ish week gap since it was over the Christmas holidays.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:41 AM   #12
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I was able to do the same thing. I figured someone at the PCD must have hit the "OK" button on the iDrive screen for me. It was neat to see the car move around the PCD as my pick up date approached. Note that from when my car was produced to when I picked it up, there was a 4ish week gap since it was over the Christmas holidays.
Very strange. It's not just a confirmation message though - the app actually sends a code to the car which you then have to enter into your app so it can add the car. Like duo factor authentication. So not sure how I can add mine without that step.
      02-13-2020, 12:40 PM   #13
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
Quote:
Very strange. It's not just a confirmation message though - the app actually sends a code to the car which you then have to enter into your app so it can add the car. Like duo factor authentication. So not sure how I can add mine without that step.
This is interesting. I just tried but I get an error message that no data is available for this VIN for adding to connected drive services.

Today I am now able to pull up the manuals for my VIN. That wasn't possible till yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:47 PM   #14
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
This is interesting. I just tried but I get an error message that no data is available for this VIN for adding to connected drive services.

Today I am now able to pull up the manuals for my VIN. That wasn't possible till yesterday.
I couldn't do it until after my car was produced - or maybe the day of.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:51 PM   #15
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah - I don't know how it worked. I remember I downloaded connect drive well before my car was built and it gave me a message to check iDrive for the activation code (or something along those lines). Since I didn't have the car, I just ignored it and unistalled the app. Later in the process, sometime close to when my car was built, or completed, I reinstalled and tried to login again - this time it worked. Using the GPS on the CD app I was able to see where my car was parked - prepped for detailing - then ultimately moved inside the PCD center. By the way, the app is incredibly precise with the GPS location. I could tell my car was parked in the lobby of the PCD before I even arrived.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 01:29 PM   #16
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah - I don't know how it worked. I remember I downloaded connect drive well before my car was built and it gave me a message to check iDrive for the activation code (or something along those lines). Since I didn't have the car, I just ignored it and unistalled the app. Later in the process, sometime close to when my car was built, or completed, I reinstalled and tried to login again - this time it worked. Using the GPS on the CD app I was able to see where my car was parked - prepped for detailing - then ultimately moved inside the PCD center. By the way, the app is incredibly precise with the GPS location. I could tell my car was parked in the lobby of the PCD before I even arrived.
That's slick. I'm gonna be doing that prior to my arrival to PCD
Appreciate 0