BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-18-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5

Question Time to response on kickdown

So whenever you do a kickdown when not on sport, it takes like 1-2 seconds to realize what you want, shift down and go full throttle. Is there anyway (coding?) to have it more instant apart from driving in sport continuously? In my Tesla it was instant but I guess this was due to fact that it has no gears.

Tnx
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexieke View Post
So whenever you do a kickdown when not on sport, it takes like 1-2 seconds to realize what you want, shift down and go full throttle. Is there anyway (coding?) to have it more instant apart from driving in sport continuously? In my Tesla it was instant but I guess this was due to fact that it has no gears.

Tnx
Did you already get your 45e?

The fastest way would be to put the gear in sport.

Probably they programmed it this way to lower consumption in hybrid mode.

And if you feel sporty just put it in sport mode. I think you can code it to start in sport mode. From factory you can chose between hybrid of electric individual

Have fun next week with Oilst Carnaval.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 03:05 PM   #3
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5

Thanks ;-) party is due to start in a few days.

No the 45e is scheduled for mid July. Currently on my F15 40d and noticed the same behaviour in the 45e when doing the testdrive. Running constantly in sports won’t be ideal I guess so I was hoping that there was a way to code it.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 03:23 PM   #4
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexieke View Post
Thanks ;-) party is due to start in a few days.

No the 45e is scheduled for mid July. Currently on my F15 40d and noticed the same behaviour in the 45e when doing the testdrive. Running constantly in sports won’t be ideal I guess so I was hoping that there was a way to code it.
I know, also living in Aalst but not an ajoin so leaving for skiing holiday.

I come from a 640d GT. You can feel the instant power of the electric motor in all drive modes and it feels much more fluent accelerating than the diesel.

I did a kick down tonight driving full electric and it takes a couple of seconds indeed before it reacts and turns the engine on. In my experience the fastest way to is to shift the gear to sport when you want to accelerate fast from electric because that starts the engine immediately.

If you reprogram the hybrid mode the engine will turn on to soon so I think if you are going to code it, it would make more sense to make it start in sport individual.
Appreciate 0