09-21-2009, 03:10 AM   #89
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesen View Post
I did that one first time out without driving dirty . . . not sure what I may have done differently, but the GT can own the Viper easily . . .
weird, what are your settings?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #90
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

Biggest difference is probably that I'm using a wheel instead of a controller - or should I say "was" since it bit the dust tonight during the McLaren invitational (F1 vs SLR). Something went 'snap' and now the wheel floats around the central axis - still won the race, though. Time to replace it - but it has been like 3 years, so it served its purpose. Was thinking about the Fanatec wheel, but don't really want to dump 250 on a wheel I might get in 6-8 weeks when I can get a MS one tomorrow for 100 - and I have the MS base permanently mounted to the racing chair anyway, so I can reuse that.

For the settings - I also TCS (low) and ABS (high) on. I have to admit, I have not seen ANY of the crazy oversteer handling that everyone else says they get on the M3, for instance. Maybe that's also due to the wheel, and having better control over throttle with the pedals? I do have the steering dead zone set up at 5% too, so maybe that's helping.

Last edited by taliesen; 09-23-2009 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: forgot a not . . . . changed the meaning entirely!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #91
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Iam quite disappointed with this actually, just was expecting a bit more "depth". Guess that is what you get when you go to Shift from playing GT5 Prologue and Forza.

Still worth a try while waiting for MW2 and the new Forza game (I've given up on GT5 coming out anytime soon)

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #92
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

The whole game does give off the feeling of a BMW ad, just so many of them featured and this just isnt aspirational or video gamey at all.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #93
LaYzEe
Major
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

i played it last night...and first thing i said after the first turn was "WTF is wrong with the handling?"

after playing hours of gt5 prologue before, the handling felt...weird

another thing i didnt like were the controls buttons...using the ps3, X was my accelerate and square was my brakes...i guess now i have to get used to the NFS control config...

adjusting the driving settings took awhile but finally made the car handle better but still...i guess im just biased hehe.
      09-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #94
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Playing at first I wasn't really enjoying it. Giving it some time it became more fun. Haven't had this much fun from a NFS game since most wanted lol. Been using the Murcielago after the conversion it destroys everything.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #95
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Playing at first I wasn't really enjoying it. Giving it some time it became more fun. Haven't had this much fun from a NFS game since most wanted lol. Been using the Murcielago after the conversion it destroys everything.
I hope it gets better. Im a few races into it, but its really just the same thing over and over. I have no real motivation to keep racing, just to get stars, just to get more races.

The last nfs I played was underground 2 and I liked that.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #96
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

I'm selling this POS. After playing the Forza 3 demo I realized how big of a waste of money this is.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #97
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
I'm selling this POS. After playing the Forza 3 demo I realized how big of a waste of money this is.
roflmao....

forza 3
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #98
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Is it worth messing around with the advanced tuning on the cars? There's a lot in there. When I first entered the screen, I was like "Whhaaaaaa. Neverrrmind".
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #99
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

I've never touched the tuning - just do a full upgrade on all parts (and the way the money flows in this game, you shouldn't have to budget) and you can own the AI competition pretty easily. I AM using a wheel, mind you - if you're using the controller and having issues with handling, you might be able to tweak the tuning to get more stability.
      10-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #100
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
+ fucking one.

I put the game on pro handling, hard difficulty and all assists OFF.

The handling is fucking hard. I probably average 20 restarts a race just to get fucking 4 place.

The mercialago works convertion is fucking kick ass. I can actually get podium finishes averaging 10 restarts now. I bought the Zonda R which is basically the best car and it still doesnt handle as good as the Mercialago Works convert.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #101
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Downloaded the demo, played it for maybe 20 min, gave up. I tested the GT-R and the M3.

Reading Nikka's review made me remember the other NFS games. The cars don't drive the way they should and if they CPU cars are behind they'll catch up extremely quickly. However, if they're ahead, you can catch them rather easily too.

I also remembered how frustrating it could be for a CPU to just ram you off the road, off your line, or into a wall. All these memories, plus the less-than-stellar demo didn't convince me to buy.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #102
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
I hope it gets better. Im a few races into it, but its really just the same thing over and over. I have no real motivation to keep racing, just to get stars, just to get more races.

The last nfs I played was underground 2 and I liked that.
In the beginning it is pretty boring, the car is slow as hell. Once you get to the higher races and faster cars it get's bit more interesting. You can unlock everything pretty early as well. Only did the firs 2 Tiers and had everything unlocked.

Money isn't much of a problem, but if you want quick cash. Do the mini nascar track in the quick races. It'll take about 15-30 secs depending on the car. Gives a quick 20k each time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
+ fucking one.

I put the game on pro handling, hard difficulty and all assists OFF.

The handling is fucking hard. I probably average 20 restarts a race just to get fucking 4 place.

The mercialago works convertion is fucking kick ass. I can actually get podium finishes averaging 10 restarts now. I bought the Zonda R which is basically the best car and it still doesnt handle as good as the Mercialago Works convert.
Same here, turned everything off. Had to restart a lot as well. Especially at the beginning when your around the other races. They always ram into you and hit you off the track, that got annoying as hell lol. Yeah I didn't use any other car besides the Murcielago after I got it.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #103
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

I have to disagree with the Works Murci being better than the Zonda R. I compared the two, and the weight difference is staggering through the corners. I can just power through most corners in the Zonda where the Murcielago skids too much. I even prefer the Z06 Works over the Murcielago Works.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #104
SpacE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M-Sport 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [8.50]
I play the game using the inside the car view, but I was doing a time attack and I had come up to the finish line and stopped to let the clock run out because I was already in first place and I didn't want to have to go alllll the way around the track again to finish. As I stopped I switched the view to outside the car to see what my car looked like because it had gotten pretty beat up...I noticed the brakes were glowing orange! AND you can see the heat coming off the engine and out the exhaust! Since the inside the car view is so good, I've never gotten to see the exceptional attention to detail of the cars when your looking at the car in the outside view...of course, I backed up and then sped up and slammed on the brakes to see the brakes light up again haha.

Also, I've noticed that while inside the car, if you look down at the driver, his feet move depending on what you or the car is doing...accelerates, clutch, brake, etc...pretty good attention to detail IMO...anyone else notice anything cool like this?
Appreciate 0