09-09-2019, 04:52 AM   #23
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeewiff03 View Post
I got me G20 last week ( I know wrong forum but the application is the same) and when I try to go to the digital key in the Android app, it says phone is incompatible.
I am using Samsung S9 on Pie with latest updates; which is supposed to be on the phones supported (from what I read above even S8 is supported).

Any ideas how to solve/bypass (please do not refer me to dealer!!)
From what I remember, the s9 has an NFC chip, so it should work.

Make sure NFC is turned on/enabled, go to:
Settings > NFC and payment.

A couple of pre-requisites:
1. You have subscribed to ConnectedDrive, and have loaded the CD App on your phone.
2. You have subscribed to "Digital Key" - it's not a free service, unless its been included as a package in your car, you have to pay for a 12-month subscription.
3. Once you have subscribed to a Digital Key service, you need to speak to your dealer to prove ownership of your car. They will then configure the digital certificate process in the BMW dealer Portal, including a 4-number pin.

Only once you have done the above will it work.

Enjoy the G20, I had a 3-series (M-sport) for a couple of days as a loaner, lot's of fun !
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 06:42 AM   #24
TSMC55
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019 GO5

Make sure you have allowed the phone call permissions in the app. they are not included in the permissions sought on install. i was getting an incompatible phone message until i allowed them.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #25
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

I've given up on a S10 on Verizon.. Next hear when the S11 comes out I will buy a unlocked one directly from Samsung and that should work.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 05:10 AM   #26
nycz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
I've given up on a S10 on Verizon.. Next hear when the S11 comes out I will buy a unlocked one directly from Samsung and that should work.
I have a s10+ unlocked but running on Verizon. Genius told me that Verizon sammy phones won't work at all because Verizon restricts this feature. Tried with a Note 9 on Verizon too which failed.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 06:04 AM   #27
rockhach
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i g20

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
I'm having the same issues guys.
I had a Samsung s8 when I bought the car in Feb this year, installed the Digital Key with the dealer, it was working perfectly for 4-months, all was good.
Changed phones about 2-months ago to a s10.
Deleted the Digital Key from my old s8, contacted dealer to reinstate the Digital Key process and get the digital certificate loaded onto my new phone, doesn't work. I get the error message: "No Digital Key Usage possible".
I've deleted the App from my phone, reinstalled (..etc..etc), still nothing - VERY FRUSTRATING.
It must be a bug in their Connected Drive servers....
Yeah I have the exact same situation. So far no one from bmw head office or any genius has been able to help me.. The only thing you can do is pay for the digital key for 5 then you can install 4 more keys... It's crap that bmw can't reset the keys in their servers. Not good enough is it? I've spent some much time on this issue I've now just given up.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 06:09 AM   #28
bhe
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
I have a unlocked S10 and using it without problems
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 07:21 AM   #29
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhach View Post
Yeah I have the exact same situation. So far no one from bmw head office or any genius has been able to help me.. The only thing you can do is pay for the digital key for 5 then you can install 4 more keys... It's crap that bmw can't reset the keys in their servers. Not good enough is it? I've spent some much time on this issue I've now just given up.
I eventually got it to work.

You have to get the Dealer Service Department to re-initiate the registration process in the dealer system. I had to get them to do it about 3-4 times, and eventually it worked.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 09:57 AM   #30
hechon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW '17 i3, '20 X740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
I eventually got it to work.

You have to get the Dealer Service Department to re-initiate the registration process in the dealer system. I had to get them to do it about 3-4 times, and eventually it worked.
My digital key is working but i don't seem to be able to find the "share" feature. In my connecteddrive website, the "digital key for5" is not available. is this feature still available? i have G07 by the way and Note10+, but i would think it shouldn't matter. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0