BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-09-2019, 04:26 PM   #23
chipofry
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
My Artic Grey is delivered to me Wed 3pm. Its at the dealership, but I added 2 dashcams which add a bit of setup, but given my only accident in 20+ years was this year when I was f*cking stationary and the other guy never fessed up, it raises up my premium by a lot more than the price of the dashcams, so now I'll have as many as it takes!

I didn't mind letting the 8 series loaner go. It's a great car, but I think my X5 is WAY better equipped, and is no slouch in corners either, even if it doesn't reach the <=5s to 60mph.

I think I will miss the X3 a bit tho, nearly 100k miles on it, been brilliant, drove fantastic -- I do a lot of small welsh country road and on many trips I lost the 'straight line divas' from my tailgate in the bends. More importantly, I'll miss the manual gearbox, downshifting, rev-matching and (with the right shoes) toe-heeling it on braking, it was a really nice 'driver's' SUV. I hope the X5 ends up as good.
The X5 tech pack comes with drive recorder which constantly films 40 second clips from all 4 cameras.
I've yet to find where the view the footage though. US models shoe different BMW apps on I drive 7
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 02:34 AM   #24
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

I have the same 22s and Arctic Grey - painted the grill black (a must). You do have to keep it very clean though as otherwise it looks purple when flat. Couldn't resist taking the below pic. Big brother, little brother.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 09:31 AM   #25
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipofry View Post
The X5 tech pack comes with drive recorder which constantly films 40 second clips from all 4 cameras.
I've yet to find where the view the footage though. US models shoe different BMW apps on I drive 7
Not sure actually -- my seller says the cars that will arrive in *november* will have that recorder, but not the ones before... ie, 2019 vs 2020 models I supose?
I'd love to have it, and eventually we'll be able to code it, but AFAIK it's not enabled on my car....
      09-10-2019, 12:20 PM   #26
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajindergill View Post
Congrats and Nice rides. Did you not think of the 40i?
About £3k more over 30k miles, if you trust the fuel economy figures. Also, the diesel has more torque, and videos online shows it's actually about as quick to 60 than the 40i.

I like torque :-)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajindergill View Post
Congrats and Nice rides. Did you not think of the 40i?
About £3k more over 30k miles, if you trust the fuel economy figures. Also, the diesel has more torque, and videos online shows it's actually about as quick to 60 than the 40i.

I like torque :-)
Same, preferred the diesel torque.
      09-11-2019, 04:08 PM   #27
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Received my car today, very happy. A bit bits here and there, faint marks etc, and the washing crew didn't do a fantastic job TBH -- but apparently they are paid £3.5 per /car/ by Sytner!

They installed the front+rear dashcams and it's "ok" a bit fidly but we managed to get them working. I knew quite a bit more about the car than the CA, but he completely acknowledge that he just can't keep up with /everything/ and assume that 'knowledgeable' buyers will know more at the pickup date.

One thing which annoys me a bit is that the car runs 04 software, not 07, altho I specifically asked for it. He said (true) the car doesn't show any update available -- but we all know the update IS available. Irritating.

Also, can't seem to operate the Connected Drive App surround view -- tells me I need to enable it in the car, but it IS enabled in the car, to no effect.

Other than that, pleasure to drive, fantastically quiet, ambiant light is excellent -- I'm going to have to tape up the dashcam LEDs tho, as it's really annoying at night.

As everyone elses car is, it's "Artic Boring Grey" and there's definitely some hints of blue in it, as shown in this pic taken at sundown... Really happy NOT to have selected Shadowline tho, the mat Alu surround makes it a hell of a lot classier!

09-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #28
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:

Also, can't seem to operate the Connected Drive App surround view -- tells me I need to enable it in the car, but it IS enabled in the car, to no effect.
I picked up my X5 a few weeks ago. For about the first two weeks, the Connected App surround-view didn't work; it just got a failure when I tried it. Then, suddenly, earlier this week, it started working. As far as I know, I didn't do anything to get it working. My software level is 2019/7.35
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #29
dobinn
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 30d M Sport

Picked mine up yesterday from Sytner Newport. X30d M Sport plus package, tech pack. Loving it so far. Impressed with the exhaust note. A couple of gremlins - charging cradle doesn't work. Lots to learn in using the tech!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 06:28 PM   #30
zacklee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 UK

Congratulations guys,
I can't decided 40i or 30d or 45e....
Mainly using in London.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 02:47 AM   #31
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacklee View Post
Congratulations guys,
I can't decided 40i or 30d or 45e....
Mainly using in London.
As far as using such a large car in london, I'd take the 45e you might stay on the electric motor all day!
      09-13-2019, 02:51 AM   #32
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I did manage to get the surround view working in the end; I just had to login to CD /from the car/ THEN go to accept the checkbox for data service.
It's not terribly reliable tho, it tells me the doors are open (they are not).

But at least all my settings are now saved in the CD profile...
      09-13-2019, 06:26 AM   #33
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
It's not terribly reliable tho, it tells me the doors are open (they are not).

The Connected App will sometimes show my doors as unlocked when they are not too, but only for a short time after I lock the car myself. Sometimes it takes a while for the Connected app to sync up with the car.

The Connected app doesn't connect with the car itself, it connects with the BMW servers, where ever they are, which connects with the car. So sometimes there is a bit of a delay between the state the car is in and the state the app is in.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 07:25 AM   #34
G Whizz UK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 30dMSport

The Connected Drive app is generally hopeless - with my G30, it progressively got fewer features that worked correctly. It didn't say the windows and door were open or closed...just that they were unavailable!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #35
G Whizz UK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 30dMSport

Picked up my X5 m-sport 30D a few weeks ago and loving it! Carbon Black, msport package, sky lounge roof and the tech pack. We got a good discount because we took it as a 19 and one of the dealers pre-orders, so wasn't 100% our spec, but pretty close!

Which leads to a question.

We keep discovering little things that were extras on a G30 that we now seem to have, but which aren't shown on our spec sheet - adaptive cruise control, being able to connect two phones, etc.
Is there a comprehensive list anywhere that shows everything the car has...? I couldn't spot it on the website, and the configurator shows your options, not what is included by default.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 08:57 AM   #36
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Received my car today, very happy. A bit bits here and there, faint marks etc, and the washing crew didn't do a fantastic job TBH -- but apparently they are paid £3.5 per /car/ by Sytner!

They installed the front+rear dashcams and it's "ok" a bit fidly but we managed to get them working. I knew quite a bit more about the car than the CA, but he completely acknowledge that he just can't keep up with /everything/ and assume that 'knowledgeable' buyers will know more at the pickup date.

One thing which annoys me a bit is that the car runs 04 software, not 07, altho I specifically asked for it. He said (true) the car doesn't show any update available -- but we all know the update IS available. Irritating.

Other than that, pleasure to drive, fantastically quiet, ambiant light is excellent -- I'm going to have to tape up the dashcam LEDs tho, as it's really annoying at night.

As everyone elses car is, it's "Artic Boring Grey" and there's definitely some hints of blue in it, as shown in this pic taken at sundown... Really happy NOT to have selected Shadowline tho, the mat Alu surround makes it a hell of a lot classier!

Oh she's a beauty!!

I like how you've gone straight to private plate.

I had issues with feint marks on the whole body which they're taking in on the 2nd of October to rectify, they initially wanted to sell me the autoglym treatment to resolve it.

The cheek of it, pay extra to fix the scratches they've put on a new car.

No thanks, polish them all out and then I'll get the car ceramic coated.

Nice colour that and does make a difference from all the grey ones
      09-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #37
yans
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 30d MSport Phytonic Blu

Dealer visit

Gents,

Loving the reading up on the X5 chat....

I have a visit scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday) morning to potentially do a deal on an X5 30d with tech pack...... they seem to have tech pack and m sport plus pack. What else is a must?

This will fall in line with their 2.9% apr which makes a huge difference to the monthly cost.

I have also been offered 15% discount overall on the one I choose from in the group stock......

But my question is, what extras can I ask for in terms of discount or throwing items in????

How far can i push this?? Could I get 18% discount maybe??

Should I ask them to throw in a as black grill??

The one I test drove had acoustic glazing. You guys got that???
If not , Is yours quiet on the motorway??

Thank you to all in advance ��
Yans.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #38
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yans View Post
Gents,

I have a visit scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday) morning to potentially do a deal on an X5 30d with tech pack...... they seem to have tech pack and m sport plus pack. What else is a must?

This will fall in line with their 2.9% apr which makes a huge difference to the monthly cost.

I have also been offered 15% discount overall on the one I choose from in the group stock......

But my question is, what extras can I ask for in terms of discount or throwing items in????

Yans.
Hi, I got nearly 20% off, and if you drive a hard bargain. Show you're committed to the deal you should get the same.

I've got tech pack
M sport plus
3 row searing and electric rear seats
Travel and comfort pack
      09-15-2019, 01:33 AM   #39
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Gents,

Yans.
Push for 20% and don't be limited to Group stock... they can get any vehicle in the U.K. transferred to them. Stock also includes vehicles at production confirmed status and later. Coppers got mine from another dealer just before it was built. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 03:09 AM   #40
yans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by speuk View Post
Push for 20% and don't be limited to Group stock... they can get any vehicle in the U.K. transferred to them. Stock also includes vehicles at production confirmed status and later. Coppers got mine from another dealer just before it was built. Good luck
Thanks for the feedback..... I’ll be pushing for 20% and finding an artic grey one.... gone off white now after reading on here!!!!

How is the internal cabin noise at motorway speed ??

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 03:31 AM   #41
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speuk View Post
Thanks for the feedback..... I’ll be pushing for 20% and finding an artic grey one.... gone off white now after reading on here!!!!

How is the internal cabin noise at motorway speed ??

Thanks again.
Like a luxury cabin

Most of my driving is Motorway and the insulation is amazing, you still slightly hear the pitter patter from the run flats, but that's only if there's no music or radio on
      09-15-2019, 03:41 AM   #42
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Same here, got about 18% on mine, plus a very generous price on my X3 (which was in very good nick). Plus a few bits and pieces so overall very happy.

Load up the car. Make sure you got tech pack, comfort pack -the seats are incredible- didn't care that much for M-sport-plus myself, the 22" will /definitely/ make a difference to noise in the cabin, the one we tried was quite noisy.
Ours on 20" and the car is incredibly silent, in fact a few times yesterday I felt I was watching a movie with the sound off, it's that silent!

Also try to get High-beam assist -- not necessarily the Lasers, but the Matrix ones; that's what I have and night driving is incredible.
      09-15-2019, 05:00 AM   #43
yans
Private
Rep

Thanks for info gents. Very appreciated.

Sat here now looking through the country wide list of available cars.

Arctic grey found with all the packs the world 😬

Currently priced at £69k before discount.

Gone to speak with GSM?!

Sat here nervously!!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #44
Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for info gents. Very appreciated.

Sat here now looking through the country wide list of available cars.

Arctic grey found with all the packs the world 😬

Currently priced at £69k before discount.

Gone to speak with GSM?!

Sat here nervously!!
What spec you looking at?

My mates all got a look at my car yesterday and they're simply astounding by the quality, look, ride at the power is awesome