Drives: BMW X5 G05

Anyone in UK had an OTA update? I am on 11/2019.55 atm
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 09:09 PM   #90
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

No bueno... I updated today and have two false (I hope) issues flagged. Safety systems (pedestrian warning and something else) plus lighting system faults were thrown afterwards.

Anyone else get this?
      06-23-2020, 04:10 AM   #91
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
No bueno... I updated today and have two false (I hope) issues flagged. Safety systems (pedestrian warning and something else) plus lighting system faults were thrown afterwards.

Anyone else get this?
Yes the second post in this thread.

I had a few errors. These go away after shutting down the car and/or do short trip.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 09:20 AM   #92
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Quote:

Anyone else get this?

I had a few errors. These go away after shutting down the car and/or do short trip.
So I got a remote software update message pop up yesterday. I tried connecting the car via WiFi as mentioned but the WiFi does not connect at all. Do you need to have a paid subscription for the WiFi to connect? If not then what am i doing wrong? This is for the update to transfer from the phone to the car.

I am in California and the update version I got is 11.2019/70
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 09:37 AM   #93
Sonny185
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e LCI

Garage List
2024 X5 50e  [0.00]
2024 X5 40i  [0.00]
It's not you car you connect to wifi, but your phone that has the connected app that needs connected to the wifi of the car. Then the update transfer will take place from your phone to the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 12:12 PM   #94
2SwiFt29
2GR-FSE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

Updated yesterday after notification sent. So far not able to remote engine start the car but I'll probably need to check the idrive setting later to enable it. I noticed that there's a new checkbox for daytime running lights with tail lights. However, went to check and I don't this option. Anyone know about it?

2014 Lexus GS350 F-Sport Ultra White w/ Cabernet Interior - Vinyl Wrapped Front and Roof
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 03:09 PM   #95
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
Quote:

Anyone else get this?

Confirmed. I left things off overnight and the next morning they had cleared. Another G05 "feature"!! 😀
      06-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #96
WBMWKID
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 BMW M3

Software remote update 11/2019.70 kills Carplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Well you believe it or not the Over the Air update has started in the US!!

More details here:
https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1#post26259831
I updated to the latest software remotely and now my iPhone 7 (don't laugh) will drop 5-7 times in a 45 minute period. Very unstable. Prior to the remote software update my carplay work as it should. Updated to 11/2019.70

Any other users having this trouble? Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 07:04 PM   #97
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBMWKID View Post
I updated to the latest software remotely and now my iPhone 7 (don't laugh) will drop 5-7 times in a 45 minute period. Very unstable. Prior to the remote software update my carplay work as it should. Updated to 11/2019.70

Any other users having this trouble? Any help would be appreciated.
I started having the dropping problem when I updated my iPhone two versions ago. It was very stable since last September until that iPhone update. I updated to the latest and still a lot of drops. I did the OTA update and the problem still exists. In my case at least, I believe it is a problem with the iPhone and not the X5 but who knows for sure.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2020, 10:58 PM   #98
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

So I am not sure what am I doing wrong but the download to my phone has finished and every time I drive the car the connected app connects to the car WiFi and Bluetooth and the display on the app just keeps saying uploading to car. There is no progress whatsoever for like 30 to 40 minutes (that is the longest I have driven in this covid situation) and I have also tried letting the key fob sit in the car along with my phone and the car battery turned on (just 1 step prior to ignition) and after 5 minutes the car turns itself off even though I had left the door open. Does this mean that the upload to the car from the phone will happen only when I am driving the car and not even a parked car in P with the engine running?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #99
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
So I am not sure what am I doing wrong but the download to my phone has finished and every time I drive the car the connected app connects to the car WiFi and Bluetooth and the display on the app just keeps saying uploading to car. There is no progress whatsoever for like 30 to 40 minutes (that is the longest I have driven in this covid situation) and I have also tried letting the key fob sit in the car along with my phone and the car battery turned on (just 1 step prior to ignition) and after 5 minutes the car turns itself off even though I had left the door open. Does this mean that the upload to the car from the phone will happen only when I am driving the car and not even a parked car in P with the engine running?
Really? No one?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 03:03 PM   #100
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2017 Audi Q7

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Really? No one?
Yes, only when the car is running. watch this you tube video

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 04:10 PM   #101
eagle_bmw
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Really? No one?
I had this issue initially but my mistake was I connected to my home WiFi and not to the car's WiFi ("BMW#####"). After that the progress indicator wasn't stuck at zero anymore, even before I took the car out for a short drive. When I got home I let the car running until the upload is complete.
      06-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #102
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Really? No one?
I had this issue initially but my mistake was I connected to my home WiFi and not to the car's WiFi ("BMW#####"). After that the progress indicator wasn't stuck at zero anymore, even before I took the car out for a short drive. When I got home I let the car running until the upload is complete.
It has downloaded to my phone alright but it just keeps saying uploading to the vehicle and the vehicle screen keeps saying that the preparation for the automatic download will begin soon.

I have ensured that my phone is connected to my car WiFi and the Bluetooth is connected as well. I kept the car running for 45 minutes today with my phone inside and still both, my cellphone and car screens kept saying the same thing. Eventually I turned off the car and was like screw this shit and made a service apt. Needed to go in for a few things anyway but kept delaying it because of the covid situation.

If you guys still have any tips then please let me know as I now want to go through this remote upgrade just out of curiosity of how well it works or not. Clearly at the moment it is not working out at all 🤷🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #103
magna6882
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 audi q7

Quote:
I had the same thing and what i found was my phone didn't pair correctly. Not sure why since it has always worked before. I removed the device from my phone and also the car then set a new devise and the download started and was fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #104
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

I just drove the G05 after the OTA update to .70

So far, no problems. I have no idea what it does for me. The release notes were written by people trained to say a lot without really saying anything. But at least the car still drives down the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 09:33 PM   #105
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magna6882 View Post
Quote:
I had the same thing and what i found was my phone didn't pair correctly. Not sure why since it has always worked before. I removed the device from my phone and also the car then set a new devise and the download started and was fine.
What do you mean you removed the device from your phone and the car? You mean you deleted your phone from the car and re paired it via Bluetooth?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 12:52 PM   #106
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 LX570

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Really? No one?
It has downloaded to my phone alright but it just keeps saying uploading to the vehicle and the vehicle screen keeps saying that the preparation for the automatic download will begin soon.

I have ensured that my phone is connected to my car WiFi and the Bluetooth is connected as well. I kept the car running for 45 minutes today with my phone inside and still both, my cellphone and car screens kept saying the same thing. Eventually I turned off the car and was like screw this shit and made a service apt. Needed to go in for a few things anyway but kept delaying it because of the covid situation.

If you guys still have any tips then please let me know as I now want to go through this remote upgrade just out of curiosity of how well it works or not. Clearly at the moment it is not working out at all 🤷🏻*♂️
Just keep driving. I stuck there for 1 week.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 04:35 AM   #107
MGDisco
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splang View Post
Anyone in UK had an OTA update? I am on 11/2019.55 atm
Not this time round at least for me, not yet.

Back in January, UK owners received OTA update that installed the 07/2019.75 version. At that point in time, the 11/2019.xx versions were available at the dealers only. See this thread:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1684555

If the OTA notification comes through for UK owners, then it should be to the last stable version of 11/2019, which on the other threads about it is 11/2019.70. Thus, if not on that version, the OTA will bring you up to that version step. Since you have 11/2019.55, it should apply to you too.

The OTA's appear to be 1 version behind the dealers version - surmised on the forum that this is to allow a stable version to be sent as OTA, which does make sense when it is a vehicle that is receiving it.

I'm awaiting the OTA to go live here in the UK, as there are a couple of things I'd like (rear DRL's, the Drive Recorder option since I have the full setup for it) - keep checking the ConnectedDrive app every few days but so far nothing!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #108
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I just got notified via the app that the remote update to .70 was available. I was hesitant to do it at first, debating on whether I should drive to the dealership and do it there in case it bricks my car. But I decided to have a leap a faith and did it while parked at home.

I guess it automatically uploaded to the car while I was just driving around. I have the app to download on cellular. It only asked to install after I parked and turned off the car.

It took about 20 mins. Some accessory fan could be heard while it was doing the update. After it was complete, I lost my programming for drive mode, auto start/stop and vehicle in motion. The headlights were also set to just on, which I thought was weird.

I reprogrammed through bimmercode and everything seems fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 08:30 PM   #109
Usher9387
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

I am wondering anyone in Canada successfully did the remote upgrade ?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #110
amphiprion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e MSport

Updated without issue yesterday to .70

Like Frenetic, I also noticed headlights were taken out of Auto and ASS was disabled. Went through the menus, nothing new since the previous 2019.11.xx version.
Appreciate 0