BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Closed Thread

02-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Regarding the guy driving at 285 with rain...

Regarding this post (that was closed and censored)
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355365

I wanted to say that censoring the post is really not the solution. You see all kind of irresponsible people in this forum and deleting those kind of posts really won't make a difference. The forum is full of this type of posts that "would promote irresponsible behavior" and that includes smilies.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
xsilvor
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvai View Post

I wanted to say that censoring the post is really not the solution. You see all kind of irresponsible people in this forum and deleting those kind of posts really won't make a difference. The forum is full of this type of posts that "would promote irresponsible behavior" and that includes smilies.
2008 E92 M3 DCT (RIP) - Jet Black.Black.Carbon
Dinan, Wheels & Accessories for Sale
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
sciaenops
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3

Quote:

True, but imagine what it would be like if such posts became routine on this forum. I think that would reflect badly on the forum as a whole.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

who cares, the guy was an idiot
      02-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:

I understand your concerns. However, I disagree that we should allow this kind of posts and I'm surprised that you feel like the forum is full of such content. It's not my impression that there are many posts existing that promote irresponsible driving behaviour.

This being said, I'm aware that there might be some borderline inappropriate postings that didn't get or haven't been deleted yet. This is because it's sometimes hard to draw the line. Doing 285 kph during a raining night on a limited highway most certainly isn't such a case.

Finally, I'd like to encourage you and everybody else to report any posts you consider to be promoting such irresponsible behaviour to us. You could use the report button or send me or the other moderators a PM. Your help bringing such content to our attention would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,
south
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread