natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Lmao ... you had posted that before and I watched it and lmao then too.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 06:16 PM   #46
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Thanks TurtleBoy! Where did you find that battery info? I don't see it portrayed that way in the manual pdf or the on line manual I have.
It is from the training docs. There is a thread somewhere with them but if you can’t find them let me know and I will post them.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2019, 06:20 PM   #47
maczrool
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M50i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
It is from the training docs. There is a thread somewhere with them but if you can’t find them let me know and I will post them.
I believe all the training docs are in the stickies.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 07:29 PM   #48
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Ah ha, the training docs, yep, got them, forgot to look at them
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #49
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

No real progress since my last update. They did install the new TCU but the backup battery that needs to be replaced along with it wasn't shipped last week and it didn't show up today either. They are hoping it comes in tomorrow but so far no confirmation that it was shipped or even available.

Yesterday I planned out Vacation 2.0 and made all of the reservations. I told them I will need to car by next Tuesday so hopefully all is working. If it is in the same state, and everyone still agrees it is not a safety issue, I will just take it on vacation and return it back to the dealer when we get home.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #50
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Update - They finished the TCU install yesterday afternoon and reprogrammed everything. After doing so, nothing worked (as was suspected). After letting the BMW engineer know, they tested awhile later and the emergency call went through and the apps are back. The service director doesn't know why it started working and is trying to find out what was done.

It looks like I'm back to at least where things were when this whole saga started. Currently the WiFi HotSPot is not working and they are working with BMW to try and track that down.

I have asked him to make sure the calls using iDrive to Concierge, Roadside Assistance, etc. are working as well as being able to log into my ConnectedDrive from iDrive.

If all that works then we are going to test remote commands such as locking, 3D view, and starting. If everything above works then I will head on down and pick it up.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #51
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Do you know which iDrive version you have in your car now?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #52
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
Do you know which iDrive version you have in your car now?
I assume I'm still at .48, I don't think they update iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #53
Hogan
Private
Rep
Drives: G05 Msport and F30 Msport

Please don't cancel the trip to Bah Hahbah!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 06:15 PM   #54
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
Please don't cancel the trip to Bah Hahbah!
No, we are taking off next week, will hit Canada first, then Maine and wind up with a few weeks in PA.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #55
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Back where it belongs

After a week and a half in the shop it is back and all is working, even the WiFi. As of this morning they were able to get it back to how it was before this whole thing started, no WiFi HotSpot and no ability to call BMW Assist.

I was ready to just call it good with that but BMW/ConnectedDrive did something late morning and things started working. All remote services are working and I even have the WiFi HotSpot working.

Looks like the X5 is ready to go on vacation.

PS. My wife said that we will have to keep her laptop bag in the back seat in case she wants to use the WiFi while we are driving.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
X5_CC288.50
Ilyam5894.50
gpitts247.00
TXSchnee1315.00
wrickem2101.00
      06-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #56
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Nice to hear. You would love the car on that long drive.

Do you know what exactly they did at connected drive? Any description in your service papers?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 07:57 PM   #57
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
Nice to hear. You would love the car on that long drive.

Do you know what exactly they did at connected drive? Any description in your service papers?
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. No unfortunately they did not pass what was done along to my dealer. The service director said it is really frustrating working with them because they do not share any information as to what was done. The warranty work they have listed on my papers was for replacing the TCU but that didn't fix the problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 07:56 AM   #58
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcinema View Post
I know you have been commenting on my connected drive post well welcome to my world lol at first I just could not use connected drive app ,after days on the phone now it's 100 times worse, they reset my esa with a new email,name and address now entire car has no connection like you , these people have no clue what they are doing , sos everything is out bmw genius made me a appointment to update my software,
In case it helps your dealer, my TSARA case is #63504. Perhaps they/BMW can look at was ultimately done to get my services back.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #59
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Quote:
Quote:
I know you have been commenting on my connected drive post well welcome to my world lol at first I just could not use connected drive app ,after days on the phone now it's 100 times worse, they reset my esa with a new email,name and address now entire car has no connection like you , these people have no clue what they are doing , sos everything is out bmw genius made me a appointment to update my software,
In case it helps your dealer, my TSARA case is #63504. Perhaps they/BMW can look at was ultimately done to get my services back.
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you just sent the dealer that information they still have no clue how to fix it so I told them to look into this
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #60
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you just sent the dealer that information they still have no clue how to fix it so I told them to look into this
Quote:
Quote:
This is a real problem if bmw can't fix this who the hell would buy one a few years old used ???? Residual values on this x5 will tank
Appreciate 0