BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-17-2020, 12:53 AM   #1
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

X5 M50i ordered

Tried sourcing something already built but couldn't find anything close enough to what I wanted.

Ordered in Canada, which is way simpler than in the US (We've an Excellence Package that includes a whole bunch of options that you have to individually select in the US)
Basically looks like this below of a US build.

The only thing I didn't see on the US was M seatbelts. Did I miss it or do you guys not have that option?

Black Sapphire Metallic

22" M Double-spoke black wheels, style 742M
Coffee Extended Merino Leather
Aluminum Tetragon trim

Driving Assistance Professional Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
Extended Shadowline Trim
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Heated Front Seats, Armrests & Steering Wheel
Leather Dashboard
Glass Controls
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Tried sourcing something already built but couldn't find anything close enough to what I wanted.

Ordered in Canada, which is way simpler than in the US (We've an Excellence Package that includes a whole bunch of options that you have to individually select in the US)

The only thing I didn't see on the US was M seatbelts. Did I miss it or do you guys not have that option?

Black Sapphire Metallic

Aluminum Tetragon trim

Dynamic Handling Package
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Extended Shadowline Trim
Leather Dashboard
Glass Controls
Congrats!

I ordered the blacked out look as well with coffee interior. I kept going back and forth on the all black versus dual color black/silver wheels.

No M seatbelts for the US as far as I know, but i only looked at the 40i.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #3
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks!
Did you end up going dual color wheels? I like both.

We've always had black interiors. We sat in both and liked the contrast of the coffee.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #4
zhangyi17
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:

Black Sapphire Metallic

Aluminum Tetragon trim

Dynamic Handling Package
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Extended Shadowline Trim
Leather Dashboard
Glass Controls
Congratulations. I am about to order m50i as well. I am in Montreal Quebec. Can you let me know (PM) your discount please? Dealers in Montreal keeps telling me no discount whatsoever for custom build. Even for cars on their lot, they will only give like a $2K CAD off MSRP
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 08:15 PM   #5
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post
Quote:

Black Sapphire Metallic

Aluminum Tetragon trim

Dynamic Handling Package
Executive Package
Luxury Seating Package
Extended Shadowline Trim
Leather Dashboard
Glass Controls
Congratulations. I am about to order m50i as well. I am in Montreal Quebec. Can you let me know (PM) your discount please? Dealers in Montreal keeps telling me no discount whatsoever for custom build. Even for cars on their lot, they will only give like a $2K CAD off MSRP
Thanks!
Yeah in Canada you never hear of getting much of a discount, nothing even close to what US buyers get. That said, factor in exchange and based on MSRP in the US it should have an MSRP of about $107,000 Canadian, so maybe the profit margins are considerably smaller here. (Seems the same across most luxury brands)
Will send you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:02 PM   #6
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

We've always had black interiors. We sat in both and liked the contrast of the coffee.
I stuck with the all black wheels and there's no turning back now as I just got my vin number assigned today. I don't think you can go wrong either way though
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:14 PM   #7
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
Quote:
Thanks!

I stuck with the all black wheels and there's no turning back now as I just got my vin number assigned today. I don't think you can go wrong either way though
Nice! That's exciting. What's the timeline looked like for you? When did you place your order, now that it's in production when do you project to get it?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #8
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!

Nice! That's exciting. What's the timeline looked like for you? When did you place your order, now that it's in production when do you project to get it?
Long story on when I originally ordered back on 11/30, as my dealer selected the wrong trim option which I didn't find out until production actually started. So I actually had to reorder the car around Christmas. Allocation didn't open up until this past Tuesday on my reorder. Got my vin assigned yesterday and production is expected to complete by first week of February. I have a PCD date of 2/28. I did order a 40i though and I'm sure allocations for the M50i could take dealers longer to get.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #9
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!

Long story on when I originally ordered back on 11/30, as my dealer selected the wrong trim option which I didn't find out until production actually started. So I actually had to reorder the car around Christmas. Allocation didn't open up until this past Tuesday on my reorder. Got my vin assigned yesterday and production is expected to complete by first week of February. I have a PCD date of 2/28. I did order a 40i though and I'm sure allocations for the M50i could take dealers longer to get.
Oh that's annoying! I don't know how the allocations work between models. (Or countries for that matter.)

I was told I should have it sometime in March.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 04:10 PM   #10
champkindwhammy
ChampKind
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 550iM

I have the same look but with black extended leather. Those rims are just incredible. You will not regret
Appreciate 2
scotchy210.00