BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-12-2021, 12:21 AM   #1
sunnyxc
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X5 40i

m performance exhaust

Does anyone know the difference of the apperance between M performance exhaust and normal one/M sport exhuast? As I have my G05 40i with M performance exhaust, but I always doubt whether the factory installed it or not. The sound does not like the M performance exhaust in BMW exhaust sound player app.

so just want to confirm from the eyes, such like part number or any sign or mark outside of the exhaust. thanks buddy,

Last edited by sunnyxc; 04-12-2021 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 02:59 PM   #2
SKBSY8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY19 X5 40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
I am curious too but how do you know you have the M performance exhaust on your 40i ??
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:06 PM   #3
bimmerwerks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05xdrive40I

visually nothing... unless you reallllly look carefully left side of the exhaust they put the stamps that it is performance exhaust. One thing for sure.. m performace exhaust vs stock.... it was much lighter than stock.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #4
cpopley
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW x5 40i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerwerks View Post
visually nothing... unless you reallllly look carefully left side of the exhaust they put the stamps that it is performance exhaust. One thing for sure.. m performace exhaust vs stock.... it was much lighter than stock.
It's crazy expensive too
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 10:27 PM   #5
sunnyxc
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKBSY8 View Post
I am curious too but how do you know you have the M performance exhaust on your 40i ??
I put it in the order and the final comfirmed sales paper has it printed out. I don't think they will make this kind of big joke that I paid but I didn't get it.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 10:28 PM   #6
sunnyxc
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerwerks View Post
Can you take a photo to show us where we shall look at? thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 05:19 PM   #7
Ashahin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyxc View Post
Quote:
I put it in the order and the final comfirmed sales paper has it printed out. I don't think they will make this kind of big joke that I paid but I didn't get it.
The "M package" in the G05 X5 40i US version doesn't come with the "M performance" exhaust. It is a separate dealer installation pre/post delivery. Part no. Is 18-30-2-458-780 and there are a few clips of the sounds out there.
Learned that the hard way after I received my car last week but about to order one.
21?C43 AMG
21? X5 (G05)
22? GLE 53 AMG Coupe (current)
22? M3C xDrive (Production)
Appreciate 1
SKBSY885.00
      06-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #8
bandersen
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 X5 40I M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashahin View Post
The "M package" in the G05 X5 40i US version doesn't come with the "M performance" exhaust. It is a separate dealer installation pre/post delivery. Part no. Is 18-30-2-458-780 and there are a few clips of the sounds out there.
Learned that the hard way after I received my car last week but about to order one.
Did you get yours yet? Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 07:02 PM   #9
SKBSY8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Quote:
When I took delivery of my car, there is no such thing is "m performance exhaust" option for the 40i. Would've have my dealer install that as well. It came out around January 2020 and my car was May 2019 build.

Excited to see yours too. I'm negotiating with my SA and see if I can install it for a cheaper price……..still waiting…….
Audi Q3
Toyota Corolla S
Nissan Murano
Appreciate 1
Ashahin173.00
      07-14-2021, 06:10 PM   #10
Ashahin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When I took delivery of my car, there is no such thing is "m performance exhaust" option for the 40i. Would've have my dealer install that as well. It came out around January 2020 and my car was May 2019 build.

Excited to see yours too. I'm negotiating with my SA and see if I can install it for a cheaper price……..still waiting…….
I decided to go with an after market Cat-back and a JB4. Much cheaper and better results, plus I was able to strike a deal for me and a couple of friends straight from the manufacturer instead of the vendor. If you're interested feel free to pm me.
21?C43 AMG
21? X5 (G05)
22? GLE 53 AMG Coupe (current)
22? M3C xDrive (Production)
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 09:34 PM   #11
tscani
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: x5m, GTR, 992 GT3

I just installed m performance exhaust with cg ds-1 catted down pipe! Noise itself freaking awesome! When you let the gas go/slow down after 2 sec there is pop/burp not too loud but i can still hear em. And the best part no drone whatsoever! To visualize if u have m performance exhaust or not! biggest difference is muffler being chrome. M has 3 pieces and every pipe/muffler has m plaque badge.
With high flow cat i can hear turbo spool!!!!!!! n feel lil more power for sure!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #12
bandersen
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscani View Post
I just installed m performance exhaust with cg ds-1 catted down pipe! Noise itself freaking awesome! When you let the gas go/slow down after 2 sec there is pop/burp not too loud but i can still hear em. And the best part no drone whatsoever! To visualize if u have m performance exhaust or not! biggest difference is muffler being chrome. M has 3 pieces and every pipe/muffler has m plaque badge.
With high flow cat i can hear turbo spool!!!!!!! n feel lil more power for sure!
Tscani - can I ask why you added the CG-DS1 to the M Performance exhaust? Sizeable investment on top of the M per exh. price. Thanks! And - are you in southern NJ - if so, can you share the installer? Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 10:12 AM   #13
tscani
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Tscani - can I ask why you added the CG-DS1 to the M Performance exhaust? Sizeable investment on top of the M per exh. price. Thanks! And - are you in southern NJ - if so, can you share the installer? Thanks!!
well, i always do full cat back when i do the exhaust system. That way you get real noise n performance as well. You are totally right it is big $$ for exhaust system little over 4k but i like to do it right in first time. Unfortunately, im in northern NJ near by Metlife stadium. If you can drive here im more than happy to help you out!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 08:30 PM   #14
bandersen
Captain
Rep

Quote:
well, i always do full cat back when i do the exhaust system. That way you get real noise n performance as well. You are totally right it is big $$ for exhaust system little over 4k but i like to do it right in first time. Unfortunately, im in northern NJ near by Metlife stadium. If you can drive here im more than happy to help you out!
Thanks...obviously I need to do a little more studying on cat back and all the components. Love a good sound though! Enjoy it!!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 08:10 AM   #15
SKBSY8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I decided to go with an after market Cat-back and a JB4. Much cheaper and better results, plus I was able to strike a deal for me and a couple of friends straight from the manufacturer instead of the vendor. If you're interested feel free to pm me.

After a few back and forth with the SA, they can only give me $200 discount (out of $4600 ). I'm like "nope I not doing it". Is a really expensive exhaust system that only for the sound note ! Need to check out the JB4 and do a little studying on the cat back like other saids.
Audi Q3
Toyota Corolla S
Nissan Murano
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 08:11 AM   #16
SKBSY8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Audi Q3
Toyota Corolla S
Nissan Murano
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 10:37 AM   #17
tscani
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
After a few back and forth with the SA, they can only give me $200 discount (out of $4600 ). I'm like "nope I not doing it". Is a really expensive exhaust system that only for the sound note ! Need to check out the JB4 and do a little studying on the cat back like other saids.
$4400 for just exhaust??even with installation!?!?!?! LMAO!!!! That’s the money for exhaust + well made catted downpipe price!!!!! I would buy exhaust from vendor here. Bmwpartspro?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 11:59 AM   #18
SKBSY8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
$4400 for just exhaust??even with installation!?!?!?! LMAO!!!! That's the money for exhaust + well made catted downpipe price!!!!! I would buy exhaust from vendor here. Bmwpartspro?
Yeah plus installation and labor ! What a joke. I might just purchase the MPE and have friend of mine (his is a mechanic) install it for me for a cheaper price. Or I'll just go with the JB4 and cat back option. Let see how it goes.
Audi Q3
Toyota Corolla S
Nissan Murano
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 05:28 PM   #19
chujk1985
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 X Comp

I was told by a dealer you have to change the faux exhaust tips as well? Is this accurate?

Part below:

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...2464503?c=az0x
Appreciate 0