BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
SWBOS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon - X5 40i

Right rear seat unlocked

Wondering if anyone has seen this error before. I have the 3rd row option and have raised and lowered the 3rd (and 2nd for that matter) seat several times, but the error remains.

Seemed to happen when one of my passengers adjusted the 2nd row seat whilst the 3rd row was folded down. Seen someone in the F15 forum comment that the sensors are super sensitive and that it happened to them in the same manner. Their fix was to raise and lower the 3rd row, but that doesn't seem to be working for me. The 3rd row doesn't seem to "lock" down, but it does "lock" up.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
When my car was new, back seat passengers couldn’t open the doors. I saw on here to unlock the child locks. Open the door and slide them to the other side. I did it in the dark by feeling around.

Now all of my doors lock and unlock together, and rear passengers can get out if they want to. I don’t have a third row, but this could be the problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
SWBOS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
When my car was new, back seat passengers couldn’t open the doors. I saw on here to unlock the child locks. Open the door and slide them to the other side. I did it in the dark by feeling around.

Now all of my doors lock and unlock together, and rear passengers can get out if they want to. I don’t have a third row, but this could be the problem.
Thanks Natahoa, I have all of the child locks off and made sure that the window lock button on the drivers door is off too (it would seem that having it on not only locks the windows, but also the ability to electronically adjust the rear seats - go figure...).
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #4
anuj452
2019 X5 40i
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBOS View Post
Wondering if anyone has seen this error before. I have the 3rd row option and have raised and lowered the 3rd (and 2nd for that matter) seat several times, but the error remains.

Seemed to happen when one of my passengers adjusted the 2nd row seat whilst the 3rd row was folded down. Seen someone in the F15 forum comment that the sensors are super sensitive and that it happened to them in the same manner. Their fix was to raise and lower the 3rd row, but that doesn't seem to be working for me. The 3rd row doesn't seem to "lock" down, but it does "lock" up.
I have seen this many times, but it goes away after i fold down the 2nd row seats and bring them back up... (my 3rd row seats were always unfolded when i got this error)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 03:45 AM   #5
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

This is what happens when it stops mid-cycle - basically jams up the front row and the middle. You need to let it go all the way back to the start of the cycle (so the switch on the side) - front row moves forward, back etc and then once it has clicked back into place fully you can press the switch again to move things forward again (or vice versa depending on where you are in the cycle).

Issue is you can have noone in the middle seat and the third row people need to breathe in while you do this. Kids seats come out if you put it in. It's a headache but when you get used to what a complete cycle looks like then you wait before people get in, child seat is installed etc
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 05:24 PM   #6
SWBOS
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Fixed

Quick update.

All seats were latching and locking properly. Tech at the dealership fixed the right rear by re-initializing it, then whilst testing everything the left one created the same message. Long and short is that the tech initialized ALL of the seats and things seem to be good so far.

Only downside is that the seat memory for the fronts was wiped too. No biggie since I've been fiddling with them almost weekly so far.
Appreciate 0