BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #23
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I don't mind changing the title per your request, consider it done.
No way I don't want to be "that guy"...

Example of why I can be a pain in the !@#...

One my job requires me to thoroughly vet any engineered automation to be well perfect as it can get....

The other is due to the internet way many things can be easily misunderstood.

The other day on Nextdoor app... Someone recently moved from CA to AZ. They posted about 5G and how it kills wildlife and placed in examples (which were debunked in the example articles) but then proceeded to share a couple university studies in CA that stated it can cause cancer..... Before you know it the post was hundreds reply's long. I bit my tongue ignored it until she shared links CA folks attempting to ban 5G from CA and suggesting we do the same in AZ. From there people started stating they been feeling "funny" lately and about 40 people pointed to 5G.... Finally I responded and it was the last comment on the thread (maybe i was banned). AZ does not have 5G yet...... So it cannot be, and I shared a combined research study from the FTC and CDC/WHO on the topic of radiation and the dangerous...... Needless to say it is just simply easy to post in deter or per suede the public with the internet.

I'm being overly critical on your post with my opinion but there is no need for you to change anything. If my reply's soured anyone I apologize for that, just me being me.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 1
natahoa252.00
      07-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #24
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Quote:
I don't mind changing the title per your request, consider it done.

One my job requires me to thoroughly vet any engineered automation to be well perfect as it can get....

The other day on Nextdoor app... Someone recently moved from CA to AZ. They posted about 5G and how it kills wildlife and placed in examples (which were debunked in the example articles) but then proceeded to share a couple university studies in CA that stated it can cause cancer..... Before you know it the post was hundreds reply's long. I bit my tongue ignored it until she shared links CA folks attempting to ban 5G from CA and suggesting we do the same in AZ. From there people started stating they been feeling "funny" lately and about 40 people pointed to 5G.... Finally I responded and it was the last comment on the thread (maybe i was banned). AZ does not have 5G yet...... So it cannot be, and I shared a combined research study from the FTC and CDC/WHO on the topic of radiation and the dangerous...... Needless to say it is just simply easy to post in deter or per suede the public with the internet.

I'm being overly critical on your post with my opinion but there is no need for you to change anything. If my reply's soured anyone I apologize for that, just me being me.
I'm also an engineer and work in automation so I understand your pov. I should've been more clear with things as you mentioned so no harm done. The new title is more appropriate anyway so don't worry about things. The general population is uneducated when it comes to tech so they tend to believe whatever sounds good regardless of evidence
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
Tenac4538.50
      07-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #25
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
Good to know.
When I bought my BMW, I was mostly interested in luxury features. I don’t care about rims, the way the lights look, chrome or other trim, and to me all SUVs basically look alike.

So I was mightily tempted to get that package, but I didn’t want the other features, and we rarely take long trips.

This car is my experiment. I’ve never had any of these features in a car before, so it is all new to me!

In four years, when the warranty expires, I will buy the car of my dreams and hope to keep it long term. Might not be a BMW, but in four years more cars will have all the Gee-whiz features, and they will be better vetted.

It’s gonna big a bigger car tho. Love me a big car. Maybe not navigator big, but I’m awfully tempted.
And please don't put any stickers on your dream car 4 years down the line and definitely no table fans in the car trunk also
Appreciate 2
natahoa252.00
      07-03-2019, 04:47 PM   #26
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
And please don't put any stickers on your dream car 4 years down the line and definitely no table fans in the car trunk also
natahoa, this is hilarious, you are the A-Typical BMW owner and I'm getting a kick out of it. Apparently so are others as segments of your posts keep popping up. You're using your X5 as a car, not a shrine. Good for you!
Appreciate 2
natahoa252.00
Cooltones241.00
      07-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #27
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post

Life lesson when dealing with people: Never let facts get in the way of emotion.
      07-03-2019, 05:09 PM   #28
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List

"A rrriot iss an ugly 'ting"....
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #29
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
If my reply's soured anyone I apologize for that, just me being me.[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness that gave me a good laugh. 5G - at first I thought that was one of those mystery acronyms on here. Took me forever to figure out what “OP” means too.

Yup, the internet and the increasing zillions of people who use it as their only source of news, you would think it would eventually embarrass them to so easily be manipulated.

I could tell you a horror story that happened in 2016, but I guess that would be for another forum.

Just be yourself. I like it!
Appreciate 2
      07-03-2019, 06:01 PM   #30
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post

the fan is for yoga class. It is at 5:30 in a building where, if I’m lucky, the AC gets turned on at 5:20. Almost died last night at the class WITH the fan. I have stronger fans, but they would drown out both the instructor and the metaphysical music.

I would be very unpopular.

The reality is that I’m too lazy to drag it into and out of the house, so it lives in my car. I upgraded to a 4’ x 8’ gymnastics mat, from the normal yoga mat, and that does NOT fit in my car for permanent storage, much to my chagrin.

Next car MUST be larger.

The giant mat is wonderful, keeps me completely off the filthy floor, but balancing on the thick cushion is a lost cause. I have to accept being unbalanced I guess.

Last edited by natahoa; 07-03-2019 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 07:24 PM   #31
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
ElectroGeek

Static for control and the lowest temp I could get the cupholders.

4.8C ~40.64F

Random AC measurement was 10C ~50F which is nice and cool, peak low I've gotten is 7.6C ~45.68F
Attached Images

Last edited by AndroidRobot; 07-03-2019 at 07:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 08:33 PM   #32
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ElectroGeek

4.8C ~40.64F

Random AC measurement was 10C ~50F which is nice and cool, peak low I've gotten is 7.6C ~45.68F
Cup cooler: I think 40F is pretty dang good...how long did you have the cold side on in order to achieve your 40.64?

In terms of the AC, are you saying the coldest you achieved at the vent was 45.68? How long was it running before you measured that?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 08:40 PM   #33
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Quote:
ElectroGeek

4.8C ~40.64F

Cup cooler: I think 40F is pretty dang good...how long did you have the cold side on in order to achieve your 40.64?

In terms of the AC, are you saying the coldest you achieved at the vent was 45.68? How long was it running before you measured that?
Quote:
Quote:
ElectroGeek

4.8C ~40.64F

per the time stamps on the cupholder pics 20min, about the same for the AC but that was yesterday (AC) cupholder measurements were taken today

I bet the AC could get cooler, I'll see how low it'll get tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 08:51 PM   #34
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
per the time stamps on the cupholder pics 20min, about the same for the AC but that was yesterday (AC) cupholder measurements were taken today

I remember when selling my 840, to a guy in Texas by the way, I made a video showing the temperature of the AC coming out of the vents. He wanted to be dang sure it worked! I zapped that file but seem to remember something in the high 30's. That seems pretty cold as I think about it but my wife and I always commented how that car's AC could blow snow if we wanted it to.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #35
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ElectroGeek

4.8C ~40.64F

Quote:
Quote:
ElectroGeek

4.8C ~40.64F

looks good on the cup holders.

The AC test would be best tested when driving down the road the increased airflow through the AC radiator would surely increase it's performance.

In addition what would the output temp be in re-cir mode ?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #36
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
looks good on the cup holders.

The AC test would be best tested when driving down the road the increased airflow through the AC radiator would surely increase it's performance.

In addition what would the output temp be in re-cir mode ?
I can test it, I was recirculating the air for those measurements but was parked. Perhaps it'll be cooler on the highway like you mentioned
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 09:18 PM   #37
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
I remember when selling my 840, to a guy in Texas by the way, I made a video showing the temperature of the AC coming out of the vents. He wanted to be dang sure it worked! I zapped that file but seem to remember something in the high 30's. That seems pretty cold as I think about it but my wife and I always commented how that car's AC could blow snow if we wanted it to.
Good AC is essential out here. I'm from Arizona where 120+ isn't out of the question so if the AC didn't cool well you better bet I'd be one of the first ones here to complain.
Appreciate 0