BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-21-2023, 08:43 PM   #1
Sceptic
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi Q7

Recently ordered an X5

Hello!

I am new here and have recently ordered a X5 50e. After I signed on the paperwork, I didn't hear anything for two weeks so called the dealership in some frustration and learned that they had not yet ordered the car. Then I got a call the next day that they had managed to place the order and gave me an order number. On the BMW website, it shows as "scheduled for production" and there is a production number but for about a week that hasn't changed. Is the process usually this slow? Also, I read somewhere on this forum that I can make changes until the production actually starts. If it is true, I wonder if someone can chime in on my order and given me some ideas if the changes I want to make are worth it.

I currently have a Black Sapphire metallic paint with Ivory white merino leather with premium package, driver assistance package, parking assistant package, climate comfort package. I am wondering about changing to the Executive package but also add massaging seats and the M sport package but most importantly want to change the exterior to carbon black metallic.

Thanks a lot. There is a ton on information on this forum which seems very useful and I really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 08:46 PM   #2
mojoJJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X6 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptic View Post
Hello!

I am new here and have recently ordered a X5 50e. After I signed on the paperwork, I didn't hear anything for two weeks so called the dealership in some frustration and learned that they had not yet ordered the car. Then I got a call the next day that they had managed to place the order and gave me an order number. On the BMW website, it shows as "scheduled for production" and there is a production number but for about a week that hasn't changed. Is the process usually this slow? Also, I read somewhere on this forum that I can make changes until the production actually starts. If it is true, I wonder if someone can chime in on my order and given me some ideas if the changes I want to make are worth it.

I currently have a Black Sapphire metallic paint with Ivory white merino leather with premium package, driver assistance package, parking assistant package, climate comfort package. I am wondering about changing to the Executive package but also add massaging seats and the M sport package but most importantly want to change the exterior to carbon black metallic.

Thanks a lot. There is a ton on information on this forum which seems very useful and I really appreciate it.
Search the forum for F12 trick to find your production date (prodDate). The status will change ~2 weeks before the prodDate and the car will be built and ready for QC on prodDate. It will then take a couple of days to get on a truck/train to wherever your dealership is and the shipping time depends on where you are.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 09:44 PM   #3
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Welcome to the forum. At this point you can ask your CA opt call Genius to get your production week. Once you change to the Production Begins status you can do the above mentioned F12 process to get your production date. Production Begins does not mean that assembly has started but rather that a VIN has been assigned and parts ordered/allocated. This has usually occurred about two weeks prior to assembly but lately we have seen that stretching to three or so. If you can let us know when yours changes and when your production date is that would be great.
      06-24-2023, 04:54 PM   #4
Black Beauty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F150 4x4 FX4 Hybrid

I tried ordering the liners for the X5 50e. I received the front and rear rubber floor liners. I tried ordering the fitted luggage Compartment rubber liner. The BMW parts manager stated they do not have a rubber floor liner for the X5 50e because of the battery. I thought the Genuine:
Parts
SKU: 51-47-2-458-569
Other Names: Fitted Luggage Compartment M 519020.
Does someone know if there is one for the X5 50e?

The funny thing is BMWUSA web site list them as fitting the X5 50e

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/6...OMPARTMENT-MAT

Last edited by Black Beauty; 06-24-2023 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: bmwUSA
Appreciate 0