Ordered. I'm stoked to hear this kit.
      11-15-2021, 04:02 PM   #24
TSullivanM
Rep
Drives: 320 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
Ordered. I'm stoked to hear this kit.
Would be great if you could give some feedback to the install process. Im always a little hesitant when it comes to cutting in brand new vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 08:30 PM   #25
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

Ahhhhh finally have it installed!

Also shoutout to r33_RGSport for hooking this up quickly!
Attached Images

11-19-2021, 11:30 PM   #26
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

You can’t post that without commenting on how it feels/sounds!!

Alan
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      11-20-2021, 10:27 AM   #27
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

Sounds like my engine can finally breathe! Definitely pulls way harder at higher rpms. Going on a drive today on some familiar roads to gauge the difference.
      11-21-2021, 03:13 PM   #28
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
Sounds like my engine can finally breathe! Definitely pulls way harder at higher rpms. Going on a drive today on some familiar roads to gauge the difference.
I got mine installed yesterday, I don't hear as much turbo noise as I would of hoped and I know why they took the video of it DIRECTLY in front of the car - you don't hear much. That being said, it does indeed pull a bit harder up top.

Install notes:

One of the turbo inlets is bigger than the other, make sure you pay attention to which rubber gasket fits where

Installing the gasket around the right angles of the airbox was a PITA because it likes to pop right back up

When installing the airboxes, start inside by the turbos without tightening it all the way, then work your way around

A bit of ky really helps slide the big rubber thing around both pieces of the intake

Summary: It's a much nicer engine cover than the factory one
      11-25-2021, 04:37 PM   #29
Momomo1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Warranty issue?

Wondering if I would be denied any BMW maintenance / warranty if I have this intake installed on my x6M comp? Should I contact my dealer to ask before pulling the trigger? BMW Las Vegas. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #30
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momomo1 View Post
Wondering if I would be denied any BMW maintenance / warranty if I have this intake installed on my x6M comp? Should I contact my dealer to ask before pulling the trigger? BMW Las Vegas. Thanks!
Shouldnt have an issue. Nothing is going to outright void your warranty although some aspects of it may be affected. For instance don't expect BMW to cover replacement air filters under their maintenance plan with the Dinan intake.

That said, its never a bad idea to consult with your SA beforehand if you have concerns. There are some dealers that are very particular with how they treat aftermarket mods in general that do make folks go through unneceessary hoops.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #31
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Attachment 2734552

Dinan F95 X5M / F96 X6M Cold Air Intake

Part Number: D760-0056

Applications:
  • 2020-2022 F95 X5M
  • 2020-2022 F95 X5M Competition
  • 2020-2022 F96 X6M
  • 2020-2022 F96 X6M Competition

Product Page(s) / Pricing: dinan.info/F95-X5M-CAI

Release Date: [COLOR="Red"]Available Now![/COLOR]

Description (Cold Air Intake): Being the quintessential performance SUV in the marketplace, the X5M is the perfect canvas to showcase a work of art for the entire enthusiast community to see. Creating an indelible mark upon the vehicle, and in particular the engine bay, the Dinan carbon fiber cold air intake is not just a work of art but a piece worthy of bearing the label of "masterpiece."

With gloss UV coated carbon fiber stretching from the front of the engine compartment to the rear it's hard not to be impressed by the sheer volume of carbon. The majority of it comprised of a fully functional secondary air inlet which doubles as an ornate engine cover. As such, signature BMW engine cover design elements signifying the cylinder count are integrated into the design for factory like continuity and a nod to a long history. The cosmetic beauty of the system does not solely derive from the presence of carbon however. The immense central passage also purposefully bisects the engine compartment to ensure the factory bracing, which is impressive on its own, is visible. With both OEM and Dinan elements showcased simultaneously the overall engine bay retains symmetrical harmony and commands attention at all corners.

Beyond outward appearances and upon closer inspection details emerge which showcase the level of care taken in the intake systems design beyond simply aesthetics. For instance, the secondary air source is deriving its contents from an unobtrusive central hood scoop located behind the front grilles that feeds into the newly formed inlet hump at the front of the engine bay. Through constant CFD analysis, the design of the scoop and secondary inlet continually underwent improvements in order to meet the demand of an even and un-agitated air supply to each air box. In its final form, accents in the carbon both provided a visual embellishment as well as created the outward manifestations of the runners used to direct and smooth the secondary air flow. The additional air flow ultimately supplements the factory inlet locations on both the left and right air boxes with ambient air from outside of the engine compartment. These air boxes have been enlarged and equipped with massive filters to handle this increased volume and together with the rest of the system allow the intake to flow as efficiently as possible.

While the stock intake system is adequately suited to support up to stage 1 power levels that does not mean there is no performance benefit when upgrading to the Dinan system. Besides its jaw dropping appearance the biggest advantage of the system, by virtue of additional and optimized flow, is the reduction of the pressure depression in the stock system. This equates to the turbo having to work less in order to achieve targeted power. With the turbo working more efficiently this also means a lower pre-turbine backpressure, lower turbocharger shaft speeds, lower turbocharger compressor discharge temperatures, and for the ability to achieve higher boost pressure levels. Paired with the natural improvement to throttle response, a bump to the acoustics, and an unequalled visual appeal the Dinan F9x X5M/X6M carbon fiber intake system can wear the self-appointed moniker of "masterpiece" without trepidation.

Features/Benefits
  • Carbon Fiber overload – the good kind.
  • Center inlet/scoop doubles as a visually pleasing carbon fiber engine cover.
  • Increased sound for aural satisfaction at full load.
  • Increased turbo efficiency, reliability, and head room.
  • More Flow: 10% greater than stock (Stock: 575 CFM, Dinan: 630 CFM @ 30" H2O per bank).
  • Improved throttle response.
  • 86% increase in inlet cross sectional area via the center inlet/scoop (secondary inlet) for maximum airflow.
  • Larger volume air boxes (56% larger than stock) that completely seals allowing an increased volume of air to be utilized.
  • 46% increase in filter area (stock: 51in², Dinan: 82in² per side) for optimum flow.
  • Bolt-on installation.

Attachment 2734553
Attachment 2734554
Attachment 2734555
Attachment 2734556
Attachment 2734557
Attachment 2734558
Attachment 2734559
Attachment 2734560
Attachment 2734561
So nice!!! Now you need to make one for the 2022 BMW X5 vermillion edition 40i cold air intake Dinan!!

Let's do it, I'll be your first one.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      11-29-2021, 05:26 PM   #32
nathanm4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage

Awesome! Work of art!
      11-29-2021, 06:59 PM   #33
AlpineG05
hi
Rep
Drives: Alpine White G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Attachment 2734552

Applications:
  • 2020-2022 F95 X5M
  • 2020-2022 F96 X6M

Description (Cold Air Intake): Being the quintessential performance SUV in the marketplace, the X5M is the perfect canvas to showcase a work of art for the entire enthusiast community to see. Creating an indelible mark upon the vehicle, and in particular the engine bay, the Dinan carbon fiber cold air intake is not just a work of art but a piece worthy of bearing the label of "masterpiece."

With gloss UV coated carbon fiber stretching from the front of the engine compartment to the rear it's hard not to be impressed by the sheer volume of carbon. The majority of it comprised of a fully functional secondary air inlet which doubles as an ornate engine cover. As such, signature BMW engine cover design elements signifying the cylinder count are integrated into the design for factory like continuity and a nod to a long history. The cosmetic beauty of the system does not solely derive from the presence of carbon however. The immense central passage also purposefully bisects the engine compartment to ensure the factory bracing, which is impressive on its own, is visible. With both OEM and Dinan elements showcased simultaneously the overall engine bay retains symmetrical harmony and commands attention at all corners.

Beyond outward appearances and upon closer inspection details emerge which showcase the level of care taken in the intake systems design beyond simply aesthetics. For instance, the secondary air source is deriving its contents from an unobtrusive central hood scoop located behind the front grilles that feeds into the newly formed inlet hump at the front of the engine bay. Through constant CFD analysis, the design of the scoop and secondary inlet continually underwent improvements in order to meet the demand of an even and un-agitated air supply to each air box. In its final form, accents in the carbon both provided a visual embellishment as well as created the outward manifestations of the runners used to direct and smooth the secondary air flow. The additional air flow ultimately supplements the factory inlet locations on both the left and right air boxes with ambient air from outside of the engine compartment. These air boxes have been enlarged and equipped with massive filters to handle this increased volume and together with the rest of the system allow the intake to flow as efficiently as possible.

While the stock intake system is adequately suited to support up to stage 1 power levels that does not mean there is no performance benefit when upgrading to the Dinan system. Besides its jaw dropping appearance the biggest advantage of the system, by virtue of additional and optimized flow, is the reduction of the pressure depression in the stock system. This equates to the turbo having to work less in order to achieve targeted power. With the turbo working more efficiently this also means a lower pre-turbine backpressure, lower turbocharger shaft speeds, lower turbocharger compressor discharge temperatures, and for the ability to achieve higher boost pressure levels. Paired with the natural improvement to throttle response, a bump to the acoustics, and an unequalled visual appeal the Dinan F9x X5M/X6M carbon fiber intake system can wear the self-appointed moniker of "masterpiece" without trepidation.

Features/Benefits
  • More Flow: 10% greater than stock (Stock: 575 CFM, Dinan: 630 CFM @ 30" H2O per bank).
  • 86% increase in inlet cross sectional area via the center inlet/scoop (secondary inlet) for maximum airflow.
  • Larger volume air boxes (56% larger than stock) that completely seals allowing an increased volume of air to be utilized.
  • 46% increase in filter area (stock: 51in², Dinan: 82in² per side) for optimum flow.
  • Bolt-on installation.

Attachment 2734553
Attachment 2734554
Attachment 2734555
Attachment 2734556
Attachment 2734557
Attachment 2734558
Attachment 2734559
Attachment 2734560
Attachment 2734561
So nice!!! Now you need to make one for the 2022 BMW X5 vermillion edition 40i cold air intake Dinan!!

https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...40-240-340-440

This what you'll need.
      11-29-2021, 08:07 PM   #34
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineG05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Attachment 2734552

Applications:
  • 2020-2022 F95 X5M
  • 2020-2022 F96 X6M

Features/Benefits
  • Bolt-on installation.

Attachment 2734553
Attachment 2734554
Attachment 2734555
Attachment 2734556
Attachment 2734557
Attachment 2734558
Attachment 2734559
Attachment 2734560
Attachment 2734561

https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...40-240-340-440

This what you'll need.
yes thank you so much!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 05:07 PM   #35
ayman36
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3, X5MC

Will this fit on the X5M Competition 2022 model?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      03-11-2022, 08:34 PM   #36
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayman36 View Post
Yes it does.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 11:41 AM   #37
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayman36 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Yes it does.
What RG said.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12803.00
      04-20-2022, 09:44 PM   #38
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Quote:
Never been tested but it's unlikely. Just on pictures it appears the factory lower boxes are different between the 2 platforms.
I could be wrong but I believe the air boxes on the X5M and M50i are identical. The stock air filter is identical in size too.

One would need to order the X5M intakes to the air boxes. The M50i's have a silencer, as the X5M's don't.

The unknown answer, does the mounting over the engine match up. I always thought the covers of each mounted or plugged into different locations.

Would love to add this to my M50i!

Looks amazing! Nice job!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 07:10 AM   #39
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
I could be wrong but I believe the air boxes on the X5M and M50i are identical. The stock air filter is identical in size too.

One would need to order the X5M intakes to the air boxes. The M50i's have a silencer, as the X5M's don't.

The unknown answer, does the mounting over the engine match up. I always thought the covers of each mounted or plugged into different locations.

Would love to add this to my M50i!

Looks amazing! Nice job!
Not a direct bolt on but there was someone who has retrofitted it to work on the G05 forums (link here). Required some modification to the lower box and some additional pieces from what was discussed there. Keep in mind this is not something that has ever been tested/verified/supported by Dinan so your mileage may vary so to speak.
Appreciate 0