BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-25-2024, 12:53 AM   #1
figobmw
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Extended BMW warranty contact?

I see Christine from Steve Thomas BMW mentioned a lot. However looks like she no longer works there.

Is there other reasonable / competitive pricing dealer info to recommend? Email / phone number will be great! For BMW contract only not interested in 3rd part ones.

Thanks
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10830.00
      04-25-2024, 08:28 AM   #2
starlights
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

I had great experience with Daniel Kim from Passport BMW 2 months ago with very aggressive pricing on 84 month Platinum. You can find his info in many posts on this forum - worth obtaining a quote.

Last edited by starlights; 04-25-2024 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 10:10 AM   #3
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

She still works there the last I heard but there is a new contact for them since various folks can now process them

While I recommend not getting one, I shopped around a few years ago for pricing and these three were the lowest and they continue to offer great pricing.

Daniel Kim at dkim@saffordauto.com, Jeff Steel at jeff.steel@passportauto.com and the staff from GOLFFRR 's place at vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com
cptcolo103.50
      04-25-2024, 10:33 AM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by figobmw View Post
I see Christine from Steve Thomas BMW mentioned a lot. However looks like she no longer works there.

Is there other reasonable / competitive pricing dealer info to recommend? Email / phone number will be great! For BMW contract only not interested in 3rd part ones.

Thanks
She is still there! We just changed email addresses and she hired another person who soon should be trained and hopefully will help her out a little on getting back to people sooner.

nonetheless, you can reach her at vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com
let her know your vin, current miles, and what plan you are looking for.

if you dont hear back after 24hours please PM me direct with your email address and ill follow up for you and usually get you dialed in by the end of the day

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
cptcolo103.50
      04-26-2024, 11:55 AM   #5
Mojobaggins
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
She is still there! We just changed email addresses and she hired another person who soon should be trained and hopefully will help her out a little on getting back to people sooner.

nonetheless, you can reach her at vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com
let her know your vin, current miles, and what plan you are looking for.

if you dont hear back after 24hours please PM me direct with your email address and ill follow up for you and usually get you dialed in by the end of the day
Email sent as I'm in the market too. I did not include what plan I was looking for, hoping she can send me quotes on my options.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10830.00
      04-26-2024, 01:27 PM   #6
bandersen
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 X5 40I M-Sport

After a few days, and with GOLFRR's help, I received a quote from the VIPFinance email..(thanks, G!).

In March, BMW changed the name of the place from ESC (Extended Service Contract) to VSC (Vehicle Service Contracts). The VSC (like the ESC) are ONLY for vehicles that are still currently covered by the original BMW 4yr/50k mile warranty. They will extend out from the original in-service date to a total of 7yrs (84 months), 100k miles. Unlike the ESC, the VSC only offers Platinum or Powertrain plans (the ESC also offered 'Gold'). These contracts are 'sponsored' through BMW Financial Service (so you can see what marketing material there is by the BMWUSA website, then under Financial Services.

With my VIN and mileage, I received several quotes for an additional 1-3 years, 60-100k miles. I drive approx.. 1k/month...so will look hard at the 84 month/85k plan (approx. $5500).

I've gone through the contract (unlike the ESC, there is not a 'pretty' marketing slip sheet out for the VSC yet)....and I have some concerns. The VSC specifically excludes (Sec 5.P) 'lenses, lights, laser lighting, sealed beams', as well as any hoses not specifically covered (and I saw none specifically covered). Headlights are $6k a pop - not a set. That's a big nut and something I specifically wanted covered...that I need to ask about. Also - there is 'zero' mention (either as a covered or excluded item) of the 'infotainment' system - aka IDrive. Also, the word 'sunroof' is nowhere to be found - and if they consider it a 'flexible body panel', then it's excluded (and mine was just replaced for the dreaded leak). Again, questions I need to ask. I want to keep this car 10yr+...but if we're missing headlights, a sunroof and whatever else I'm missing...not sure if it's worth the $$

As always, appreciate your thoughts!
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10830.00
      04-26-2024, 01:58 PM   #7
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
After a few days, and with GOLFRR's help, I received a quote from the VIPFinance email..(thanks, G!).

In March, BMW changed the name of the place from ESC (Extended Service Contract) to VSC (Vehicle Service Contracts). The VSC (like the ESC) are ONLY for vehicles that are still currently covered by the original BMW 4yr/50k mile warranty. They will extend out from the original in-service date to a total of 7yrs (84 months), 100k miles. Unlike the ESC, the VSC only offers Platinum or Powertrain plans (the ESC also offered 'Gold'). These contracts are 'sponsored' through BMW Financial Service (so you can see what marketing material there is by the BMWUSA website, then under Financial Services.

With my VIN and mileage, I received several quotes for an additional 1-3 years, 60-100k miles. I drive approx.. 1k/month...so will look hard at the 84 month/85k plan (approx. $5500).

I've gone through the contract (unlike the ESC, there is not a 'pretty' marketing slip sheet out for the VSC yet)....and I have some concerns. The VSC specifically excludes (Sec 5.P) 'lenses, lights, laser lighting, sealed beams', as well as any hoses not specifically covered (and I saw none specifically covered). Headlights are $6k a pop - not a set. That's a big nut and something I specifically wanted covered...that I need to ask about. Also - there is 'zero' mention (either as a covered or excluded item) of the 'infotainment' system - aka IDrive. Also, the word 'sunroof' is nowhere to be found - and if they consider it a 'flexible body panel', then it's excluded (and mine was just replaced for the dreaded leak). Again, questions I need to ask. I want to keep this car 10yr+...but if we're missing headlights, a sunroof and whatever else I'm missing...not sure if it's worth the $$

As always, appreciate your thoughts!
Just for info, BMW starting changing to VSC's last fall, it could be that it varied by state. The ESC also didn't cover the headlights and from what I have read many third party warranties do not also. The Infotainment system should be covered by the VSC Platinum as it is not listed as an exclusion.

Here is the language that I use, check to see if yours is different.

https://addedprotection.widen.net/s/.../bmwvsc-d2c_tc
      04-26-2024, 02:22 PM   #8
bandersen
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 X5 40I M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Just for info, BMW starting changing to VSC's last fall, it could be that it varied by state. The ESC also didn't cover the headlights and from what I have read many third party warranties do not also. The Infotainment system should be covered by the VSC Platinum as it is not listed as an exclusion.

Here is the language that I use, check to see if yours is different.

https://addedprotection.widen.net/s/.../bmwvsc-d2c_tc
Yep - same document. Burned my eyes to read.

When they replaced one of my headlights a few months back due to a very minor fender bender, I saw the $6000 headlight charge and I thought they were replacing both just so that they would match. Little did I know 6000 was for just one.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 09:20 PM   #9
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
She still works there the last I heard but there is a new contact for them since various folks can now process them

While I recommend not getting one, I shopped around a few years ago for pricing and these three were the lowest and they continue to offer great pricing.

Daniel Kim at dkim@saffordauto.com, Jeff Steel at jeff.steel@passportauto.com and the staff from GOLFFRR 's place at vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com
I have come out on top with an extended warranty by almost 2X what I paid. If you have air suspension, definitely get it. Mine was covered…
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 05:39 AM   #10
littlehuman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
I have come out on top with an extended warranty by almost 2X what I paid. If you have air suspension, definitely get it. Mine was covered…
I had no idea air suspension was covered. Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 07:09 AM   #11
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobaggins View Post
Email sent as I'm in the market too. I did not include what plan I was looking for, hoping she can send me quotes on my options.
Let me know if you don’t hear back so I can follow up for you. Just send me a PM with your email address. Also they don’t work Sundays. Saturday gets pretty hectic for sure but I can still hopefully get it dialed in for you by the end of the day

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 08:25 AM   #12
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehuman View Post
I had no idea air suspension was covered. Thanks for the info!
Me neither! I was told trim parts are not covered. But I also got my tailgate lock and one of my rear door soft close door locks replaced under warranty and also my amplifier, since there was a slight buzz they could not fix so replaced with new (the fact I had upgraded my speakers to Focal’s did not impact the warranty). Overall, it has been worth it to me. Plus, the extended warranty- at least where I take it to, gives me priority for loaner cars and such, not sure if that is policy or the dealer just being nice.

The tech who worked on my X5 said the air suspensions have a very highly likelihood of failure…they get micro leaks that are often detected very late. The dealer did a recalibration and the ride itself has improved.
Appreciate 1
bandersen594.00
      04-28-2024, 02:18 PM   #13
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
Yep - same document. Burned my eyes to read.

When they replaced one of my headlights a few months back due to a very minor fender bender, I saw the $6000 headlight charge and I thought they were replacing both just so that they would match. Little did I know 6000 was for just one.

$6000 Headlight...geez...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 07:20 PM   #14
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
A couple questions.

Can you not get the coverage after factory warranty has ended? What if you're under CPO warranty? Seems like you should be able to.

Is the max coverage 84 months from in-service, or 84 months from the date of purchase? 3 years more (or 2 years on a CPO) is basically nothing.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 07:26 PM   #15
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
A couple questions.

Can you not get the coverage after factory warranty has ended? What if you're under CPO warranty? Seems like you should be able to.

Is the max coverage 84 months from in-service, or 84 months from the date of purchase? 3 years more (or 2 years on a CPO) is basically nothing.
From BMW you can only get coverage (Vehicle Service Contact or CPO Wrap) if the factory or CPO warranty is still active.

Their coverage is always from in-service date. The length of coverage and cost is why most folks recommend skipping them.
      04-28-2024, 08:28 PM   #16
X5MC4ME
Private
Rep
Drives: X5M Comp

You can absolutely add the CPO wrap warranty. It’s just very expensive for very little coverage.

X
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 09:50 PM   #17
BlkGS
Major
Rep

Garage List
So... What's the best options for coverage after CPO ends? The idea of owning this thing outside of warranty without coverage seems like financial ruin.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 10:20 PM   #18
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
So... What's the best options for coverage after CPO ends? The idea of owning this thing outside of warranty without coverage seems like financial ruin.
The best option, at least financially, is to skip an extended warranty. They rarely make financial sense. Where they do provide some value for some is the peace of mind that if something that is covered breaks they don't have to pay for it.

There are some third party products that will offer longer contracts lasting quote a few years from the purchase date of the extended warranty.

This thread has a lot of discussion on extended warranties and a number of companies are talked about, especially that last 10 pages or so.

https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1689243
      04-28-2024, 10:52 PM   #19
X5MC4ME
Private
Rep
Drives: X5M Comp

Honestly I think Turtleboy is right. I sprang for an extended warranty for peace of mind. I could easily afford any repair on the car…but the idea of a >$5k repair is unsettling. And FWIW these cars are so complex that there are just many things that can go wrong. If there’s any car (short of an Italian one or perhaps a modern German electric) where an extended warranty may pay for itself…think it’s this one. Hot Vee ? BMW V8 valve seals? Main bearings? VANOS? Differential failure?

Personally I went with Fidelity Platinum which is an exclusionary policy from a well reputed provider. My service advisor said Fidelity has been great to his customers. Coverage ran me under $900 a year for 7 years and 70k from the policy purchase date. I can live with that.

All said though Turtleboy is still right…

X
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 07:17 AM   #20
BlkGS
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5MC4ME View Post
Honestly I think Turtleboy is right. I sprang for an extended warranty for peace of mind. I could easily afford any repair on the car…but the idea of a >$5k repair is unsettling. And FWIW these cars are so complex that there are just many things that can go wrong. If there’s any car (short of an Italian one or perhaps a modern German electric) where an extended warranty may pay for itself…think it’s this one. Hot Vee ? BMW V8 valve seals? Main bearings? VANOS? Differential failure?

Personally I went with Fidelity Platinum which is an exclusionary policy from a well reputed provider. My service advisor said Fidelity has been great to his customers. Coverage ran me under $900 a year for 7 years and 70k from the policy purchase date. I can live with that.

All said though Turtleboy is still right…

X
That's exactly what I'm thinking. On most cars they're pointless, but this is a hideously complex German car with more electronics in it than an entire 3rd world country. At this point each if the 3 trips it's taken to the dealer would have been a grand or more out of pocket.

I'm basically at this point.where my CPO runs out in 2 years, and I'm gonna either want to buy some sort of coverage for this thing or I plan my exit strategy on it.
Appreciate 0