BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-08-2023, 12:38 PM   #1
Flaneur
Rep
Drives: 4runner

Highway Assistant vs DAP- real world, 2020 cpo vs lci?

Hi, first post here but have been lurking and learning from all of the threads here over the past week or so. Thanks for all the good info. I can find no comparable community for MB or other brands.

I'm looking at either an LCI X5 or maybe a 2020 CPO x5. I'm not really a car guy but I have had some unexpected health issues for a while which has changed my priorities:
I'm looking for ease/low cognitive load driving, safety, comfort, staying cool (temperature wise), and quiet. Thus I'm very interested in any real world thoughts on the LCI Highway Assistant vs the prior DAP. I've watched some YT videos and read threads on here about the good (lots of stuff) and the bad (scary random braking on occasion) of the prior DAP and I've read the specs of the new system. Have done brief comparisons vs GLE and some others. I read the thread that the new HA wasn't working on very many roads as well.

The other factor is just value more so than outright price. I don't know 2020 CPO prices vs where new X5's are actually trading. I'm in the Bay Area and read there is competition here. But if the spread is too narrow between the two, that would push me towards new.

I have other ?s and let me know if I should break those out in separate threads.
I'm not a natural candidate for the 50e except that I would like to get air suspension and Bang and Olufsen if available.
Does the 50e make any sense if:
-I won't be able to install a charging station at home for over a year. For at least a year, charging at home will be over standard outlet which I think takes 30 hours? I do not drive every day.
-I sometimes don't drive for weeks. Is that bad for the e. I've read here, no battery tender is needed for the 12v starter.
-While stationary, does the stereo run off the big battery vs the starter battery? Can you be parked for hours and run the stereo and occasionally a/c or heat?
-Is jump starting complicated for a PHEV?

Finally- is there any negotiating room on CPO's? Local dealer has the "no-hassle" price.

Thank you for any help/answers/opinions!
Appreciate 0