BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-22-2019, 04:11 AM   #45
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
648
Rep
11,461
Posts

Drives: 16 MKVII Golf,16 F15 X5,E36 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Upland, CA

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
The color on the X5M is gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #46
aas5
Captain
109
Rep
656
Posts

Drives: 2017 X6M
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyXM View Post
Lots if good stuff coming out across the board from all manufacturers! The X4&6 just have not grown on me, but to each their own. Thankfully, they make other cars that have! I dig the new X5! Even the "stock" models are great. Fun enough to drive but great for the everyday grind. The M is a true beast of a power plant! I only wish two things really. Bigger front brakes - they just don't look like they fill up the wheel very well. I like big brakes and I do not lie 🎼... Not sure if it's just not getting picked up on in the photos. That happens!
The second is the price. Starting well over 100k... Just not sure about that. First of all, it's outta my league so, I'm out 😂. But secondly, for BMW, not sure they will get the same play as the competition in that price point. I feel people don't really see BMW so much as $100k+ SUV worthy. I feel at that price buyers will gravitate toward more exotic options, even just for the sake of justification in spending that much money. I think if they kept the X3M in the 70's and started this in the 90's... I think the M8, at a much higher price might out-sell it... Just my 2 cents, which are on sale for free today and probably only worth half of that...
X5M and X6Ms have been priced well over $100K for a while now and there is a lot of demand. Importantly, I don't think you can get any of the other brands' models that directly compete with X5 and X6Ms cheaper. I try to cross shop every time and I see both MB and Audi leases for AMG and RS cars being a lot more expensive. There is usually less residual support and higher MF.
__________________
2017 X6M LBB with Mugello Red
2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red interior (sold)
2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black (sold)
2008 E350 4Matic Silver (sold)
2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #47
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Brake_Late's Avatar
Norway
1875
Rep
3,279
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Manhattan Beach

iTrader: (1)

Lit
Attached Images
  
__________________
Eendraght Maeckt Macht
FOF82,3pedals,MPE,CCBs,Multicams,
CarbonStrucktureAnthracite, CF_Everything
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s X5M

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2019, 09:49 AM   #48
LSM
Captain
LSM's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
932
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Love it!! The X5M I mean! Looks more aggressive then pedestrian X5's. Saw pics side by side of GLE 63s and X5M, IMO X5M blows it away in looks!

Price point is spot on. Cayenne TT with less engine and looks worse is all of 135k- 140k built
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #49
buckybadger
BMW forever!
buckybadger's Avatar
356
Rep
1,136
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

The king.

Looks great.
__________________
2019 BMW M2 Competition
2014 BMW 335i
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 10:42 AM   #50
clemsonkev
OOOO another former Audi B5 S4 owner OOOO
United_States
167
Rep
604
Posts

Drives: 2017 MG Manual M2
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Summerville SC

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to clemsonkev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
IDK, I get so much more excited for this...but too bad I could never get the same aggressive BMW discount however
me likes, but NO MANUAL = FAIL AUDI
__________________
S4. S4. 335i. 435i GC.... all gone. I'm now in my manual M2!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #51
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
United_States
1268
Rep
2,085
Posts

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (1)

Wow. The X5M designers should have also designed the G80 front end.
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #52
GSG5
New Member
GSG5's Avatar
3
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: '17 911 Turbo, '15 X5 35i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=AndroidRobot;25488495]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
Taruma is lighter more like a middle man between Cognac and Tartufo. it's a bit lighter than Tartufo from what I recall but I haven't seen it in person in a while.


thank you, ideally I would've gone Ametrin Metallic or Tanzinite Blue but I wasn't going to wait 4months + longer than my build which was already delayed. I sorta do the same thing except I always post
I just left the dealership and submitted my specs in the “Order Bank”. I went with MBB and SS...it just looks too damn good to pass up. Screw it - I’ll deal with the leather maintenance as needed. Hopefully the allocations are issued soon so this all becomes a bit more tangible!

Thanks again for your counsel.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #53
hybrid_eg
Lieutenant
hybrid_eg's Avatar
United_States
259
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: '90 S13, '17 F85, '18 F90
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
do you mean Sakhir (Note spelling ) Orange (note color) ?
yes, thanks for spelling correction.. i understand they call it orange just looks a lot more red than orange at least it did on my F10 M5.. or i'm just colorblind

i really hope they will offer individual colors on F95 and not just the two optional colors which have already been per-selected.
Appreciate 1
RJW 780.00

      11-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #54
Kuato2084
Private First Class
Kuato2084's Avatar
United_States
76
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: E84 X1 / F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=GSG5;25491981]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post

I just left the dealership and submitted my specs in the “Order Bank”. I went with MBB and SS...it just looks too damn good to pass up. Screw it - I’ll deal with the leather maintenance as needed. Hopefully the allocations are issued soon so this all becomes a bit more tangible!

Thanks again for your counsel.
Congrats on the order!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
yes, thanks for spelling correction.. i understand they call it orange just looks a lot more red than orange at least it did on my F10 M5.. or i'm just colorblind

i really hope they will offer individual colors on F95 and not just the two optional colors which have already been per-selected.
The F95 and F96 along with the non-M versions will get the full BMW Individual treatment in August, 2020.
__________________
2011 E90 335i, N55 225 kW, 17", Black - Legacy
2013 E82 128i, N52 160 kW, 17", Black - Legacy
2015 E84 X1, N20 215 kW RaceChip, 19", Silver, Res/muffler delete, CF mirrors
2018 F80 M3, S55 397 kW bm3 STG1 91OCT, 18", Black Sapphire, DCT, GTS transmission/traction/steering/differential, ZEC, M Performance wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #55
TheUtahX5M
Private First Class
TheUtahX5M's Avatar
77
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: X5 M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

These new M SUVs look amazing. I think I prefer the interior of the F85 over this, with the exception being those seats!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #56
ali820
Second Lieutenant
ali820's Avatar
214
Rep
273
Posts

Drives: '15 335i MPE 6sp Suzuka Grey
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Few more shots from the show
Attached Images
      
Appreciate 1
AwesomeM3800.00

      11-23-2019, 08:46 PM   #57
OhMyXM
Private
OhMyXM's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: M40i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyXM View Post
Lots if good stuff coming out across the board from all manufacturers! The X4&6 just have not grown on me, but to each their own. Thankfully, they make other cars that have! I dig the new X5! Even the "stock" models are great. Fun enough to drive but great for the everyday grind. The M is a true beast of a power plant! I only wish two things really. Bigger front brakes - they just don't look like they fill up the wheel very well. I like big brakes and I do not lie 🎼... Not sure if it's just not getting picked up on in the photos. That happens!
The second is the price. Starting well over 100k... Just not sure about that. First of all, it's outta my league so, I'm out 😂. But secondly, for BMW, not sure they will get the same play as the competition in that price point. I feel people don't really see BMW so much as $100k+ SUV worthy. I feel at that price buyers will gravitate toward more exotic options, even just for the sake of justification in spending that much money. I think if they kept the X3M in the 70's and started this in the 90's... I think the M8, at a much higher price might out-sell it... Just my 2 cents, which are on sale for free today and probably only worth half of that...
X5M and X6Ms have been priced well over $100K for a while now and there is a lot of demand. Importantly, I don't think you can get any of the other brands' models that directly compete with X5 and X6Ms cheaper. I try to cross shop every time and I see both MB and Audi leases for AMG and RS cars being a lot more expensive. There is usually less residual support and higher MF.
Not cheaper, more so what the same price or just a little higher might "reward" buyers... For the buck, yeah BMW is the "lower level" on price and gives a lot for it. But buyers tend to see what they are getting and what they could get for a little more... not less. Not sure on the data of shopping for leases and such. I don't do finance. Paying interest is not something I like. I only buy what I can, and willing to buy, write a check for. Drive them to the ground for 10+ years and move on - only if needed.
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1011.50

      11-23-2019, 10:40 PM   #58
AndroidRobot
Brigadier General
AndroidRobot's Avatar
United_States
1927
Rep
4,414
Posts

Drives: 2019 X5 50i Carbon/Tartufo
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=Kuato2084;25492616]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post

I just left the dealership and submitted my specs in the “Order Bank”. I went with MBB and SS...it just looks too damn good to pass up. Screw it - I’ll deal with the leather maintenance as needed. Hopefully the allocations are issued soon so this all becomes a bit more tangible!

Thanks again for your counsel.
Congrats on the order!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
yes, thanks for spelling correction.. i understand they call it orange just looks a lot more red than orange at least it did on my F10 M5.. or i'm just colorblind

i really hope they will offer individual colors on F95 and not just the two optional colors which have already been per-selected.
The F95 and F96 along with the non-M versions will get the full BMW Individual treatment in August, 2020.
source for the X5 getting their full individual catalog? Are you implying BMW will create an individual shop in the US for their SUVs?
__________________
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo
G05 X5 50i Review
G01 X3 M40i/MKII Audi SQ5 Comparison
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 04:38 AM   #59
Elmer66
New Member
5
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: X5M coming
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85inOC View Post
The blue on display at the LA Auto Show is Tanzanite Blue II, not Marina Bay Blue
I'm not sure where did you get this, but it looks like to me, that there is quite a big difference between this (MBB) and actual tanzanite II.


This is Tanzanite Blue II on an M50i


No amount of lights can make this shade of blue the X5M shade seen in the pictures.

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 10:41 AM   #60
GSG5
New Member
GSG5's Avatar
3
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: '17 911 Turbo, '15 X5 35i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer66 View Post
I'm not sure where did you get this, but it looks like to me, that there is quite a big difference between this (MBB) and actual tanzanite II.


This is Tanzanite Blue II on an M50i


No amount of lights can make this shade of blue the X5M shade seen in the pictures.

Agreed - the pics from the LA auto show certainly look like MBB to me, not TB II. For what it’s worth, I pulled the LA pics up at the dealership with my sales guy and he said it was MBB. I do think the lighting at that show is a little misleading though - MBB doesn’t look quite like that in person.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 10:46 AM   #61
Luminor513
Lieutenant
35
Rep
489
Posts

Drives: 2020 G05 x drive 40i - on orde
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85inOC View Post
The blue on display at the LA Auto Show is Tanzanite Blue II, not Marina Bay Blue
Sorry you are incorrect. The X5M on display at the show is Marina Bay Blue which is similar to San Marino Blue. Tanzanite Blue is significantly darker. Tanzanite Blue is in the family of colors such as Carbon black, Black Azurite, although Tanzanite has more Blue w purple undertones in the color compared to the two "Black" colors.
__________________
2020 G05 x drive 40i - on order
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 06:00 PM   #62
Kabes
Kabes
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: ‘19 X5 XDrive50i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Rear Tire Spec 325 vs 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
Where are the Michelin pilot 4s tires?

Otherwise no complaints.

These are badass 🔥
Agreed on the Michelin over Pirelli. Funny enough, saw the rear tires at the LA show yesterday and they were 315 on the competition version. I thought the comp version came with 22" 325 in the rear. The BMW product specialists where not advised/uneducated on the subject. Can anyone confidently confirm that the production models will be 325?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 06:30 PM   #63
GSG5
New Member
GSG5's Avatar
3
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: '17 911 Turbo, '15 X5 35i
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabes View Post
Agreed on the Michelin over Pirelli. Funny enough, saw the rear tires at the LA show yesterday and they were 315 on the competition version. I thought the comp version came with 22" 325 in the rear. The BMW product specialists where not advised/uneducated on the subject. Can anyone confidently confirm that the production models will be 325?
The official BMW Pricing Guide describes both wheel options (818 and 809) as having 315s in the rear. I haven’t seen any reference to 325s on the 2020 X5M Comp.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 06:41 PM   #64
Kabes
Kabes
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: ‘19 X5 XDrive50i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabes View Post
Agreed on the Michelin over Pirelli. Funny enough, saw the rear tires at the LA show yesterday and they were 315 on the competition version. I thought the comp version came with 22" 325 in the rear. The BMW product specialists where not advised/uneducated on the subject. Can anyone confidently confirm that the production models will be 325?
The official BMW Pricing Guide describes both wheel options (818 and 809) as having 315s in the rear. I haven’t seen any reference to 325s on the 2020 X5M Comp.
Thanks for the clarification! Saw the rear 22" 325 reference in a Car and Driver article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...m-photos-info/
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 06:43 PM   #65
JMAN1111
Private First Class
United_States
117
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
Where are the Michelin pilot 4s tires?

Otherwise no complaints.

These are badass 🔥
Agreed on the Michelin over Pirelli. Funny enough, saw the rear tires at the LA show yesterday and they were 315 on the competition version. I thought the comp version came with 22" 325 in the rear. The BMW product specialists where not advised/uneducated on the subject. Can anyone confidently confirm that the production models will be 325?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
Where are the Michelin pilot 4s tires?

Otherwise no complaints.

These are badass 🔥
Agreed on the Michelin over Pirelli. Funny enough, saw the rear tires at the LA show yesterday and they were 315 on the competition version. I thought the comp version came with 22" 325 in the rear. The BMW product specialists where not advised/uneducated on the subject. Can anyone confidently confirm that the production models will be 325?

I believe they're 315s in the rear now with the 22 inch wheels. The front has 295 on 21s. This is on the Competition version.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 09:53 PM   #66
Kabes
Kabes
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: ‘19 X5 XDrive50i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Thanks JMAN1111! Proves C&D isn’t always completely accurate. Exciting machine nevertheless!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST