BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-29-2024, 09:29 AM   #89
thugich
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Did someone manage to make update with app or I have to go to dealer to make update? because I downloaded softwear on my phone and when I connect car it stopped at 40% and last 3 days stays on that, doesnt go forward
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 12:27 PM   #90
six
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50e

My update through the app worked first time yesterday and been for a long drive and ambient air now definitely working. Also getting pings when waiting at traffic lights which turn green but I’m not looking ahead, this is new for me. Not if this should have worked before but was broken and now fixed, also not sure if I like it!

Also app working fine for me too, rare that I’m the one who hasn’t been impacted by a bug
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 01:00 PM   #91
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by six View Post
My update through the app worked first time yesterday and been for a long drive and ambient air now definitely working. Also getting pings when waiting at traffic lights which turn green but I’m not looking ahead, this is new for me. Not if this should have worked before but was broken and now fixed, also not sure if I like it!

Also app working fine for me too, rare that I’m the one who hasn’t been impacted by a bug
Could this be country related? Maybe TurtleBoy can shed some light on this

I don't have the impression ambient air works. I still don't smell anything. MyBMW app doesn't work and connected drive is broken. Last refresh is from before I did the OTA update.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 01:08 PM   #92
six
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Could this be country related? Maybe TurtleBoy can shed some light on this

I don't have the impression ambient air works. I still don't smell anything. MyBMW app doesn't work and connected drive is broken. Last refresh is from before I did the OTA update.
This sort of sounds like the OTA update hasn’t worked, or somehow has only partly updated modules. You will 100% know when the ambient air is on and working, it’s subtle but you can certainly tell. I’ve had five months without it working and now notice it on every drive.

You do have the cartridges installed still? I know when I found out it was going to be months before it was fixed I thought about removing the cartridges and storing in vac sealed containers, in the end I didn’t bother so it fired up straight after the software OTA when I turned it on. Also put the ioniser on but have no clue if that’s working or not
Appreciate 1
1230vani652.50
      03-29-2024, 01:32 PM   #93
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
This sort of sounds like the OTA update hasn’t worked, or somehow has only partly updated modules. You will 100% know when the ambient air is on and working, it’s subtle but you can certainly tell. I’ve had five months without it working and now notice it on every drive.

You do have the cartridges installed still? I know when I found out it was going to be months before it was fixed I thought about removing the cartridges and storing in vac sealed containers, in the end I didn’t bother so it fired up straight after the software OTA when I turned it on. Also put the ioniser on but have no clue if that’s working or not
Yes my cartridges remained all the time in the ambient air console. I replaced a cartridge with Amberblack No2 I had from my 45e, it shows 50% and has a very strong penetrating smell that you immediately notice. But nothing... Ionizer is on but there is no way to tell if it's working.

The OTA update went very smooth without any problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 01:38 PM   #94
six
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Yes my cartridges remained all the time in the ambient air console. I replaced a cartridge with Amberblack No2 I had from my 45e, it shows 50% and has a very strong penetrating smell that you immediately notice. But nothing... Ionizer is on but there is no way to tell if it's working.

The OTA update went very smooth without any problem.
Oh well that’s very disappointing then. I got 11/2023.73 OTA, is this the same version you got?

I do wonder then if some vehicles do need an even more recent build than 11/2023.73 which is why you have been told a later date…
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 03:30 AM   #95
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Oh well that’s very disappointing then. I got 11/2023.73 OTA, is this the same version you got?

I do wonder then if some vehicles do need an even more recent build than 11/2023.73 which is why you have been told a later date…
Yes, I got 11/2023.73. No connected drive anymore, and the app doesn't work anymore.

Don't think there is a way to revert to the previous version.
Appreciate 0