jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Racechip GTS Black

First time posting in a long time (since my 2014 F30 335) but thought I'd share that I decided to take advantage of a holiday sale from Racechip and purchased their GTS Black tuning box with the Bluetooth capability. This unit comes with 7 tune levels that can be changed on the fly from your phone.

Shipping was extremely fast and install very straightforward. 2 sensors to connect on the intercoolers and that's it. Spacing is a bit tight but it took me about 10 minutes total. Quality unit and comes with all the necessary mounting hardware for a super clean install. best part is it can be removed or turned off ant any time. happy to share a pic if anyone's interested.

Power improvement is significant!. The X5M Competition is a beast already but this tune takes it to another level! power delivery is smooth and consistent. Pulls like a freight train to redline. I've tested all 7 levels and there is quite difference between them so you can find the perfect setting for your preference. Launch control now breaks traction off the line and during shifts into 2nd gear, if using the higher settings (5-7).

I've used racechip in the past with great results so I was confident in the product. you can watch the installation and driving review of their F90 M5 on YouTube. I highly recommend if you're looking for a little extra performance from the F95
Appreciate 4
UltraDave127.00
r33_RGSport12801.50
zjaiz180.00
sniez0.00
      07-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #2
UltraDave
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
First time posting in a long time (since my 2014 F30 335) but thought I'd share that I decided to take advantage of a holiday sale from Racechip and purchased their GTS Black tuning box with the Bluetooth capability. This unit comes with 7 tune levels that can be changed on the fly from your phone.

Shipping was extremely fast and install very straightforward. 2 sensors to connect on the intercoolers and that's it. Spacing is a bit tight but it took me about 10 minutes total. Quality unit and comes with all the necessary mounting hardware for a super clean install. best part is it can be removed or turned off ant any time. happy to share a pic if anyone's interested.

Power improvement is significant!. The X5M Competition is a beast already but this tune takes it to another level! power delivery is smooth and consistent. Pulls like a freight train to redline. I've tested all 7 levels and there is quite difference between them so you can find the perfect setting for your preference. Launch control now breaks traction off the line and during shifts into 2nd gear, if using the higher settings (5-7).

I've used racechip in the past with great results so I was confident in the product. you can watch the installation and driving review of their F90 M5 on YouTube. I highly recommend if you're looking for a little extra performance from the F95
It looks like a great option for X5M owners. I noticed on their website that you guys can get 3x the horsepower improvement and double the torque over M50i owners.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 12:02 AM   #3
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:

Congrats. Glad that you like it.
I have been selling and using RaceChip since 2015.
It is one nice product. 100% made in Germany.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #4
vizionproducer
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

2020 X5 40i

Hello

Do you have chip or setup for 2020 X5 40i - what are the improvements
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 11:43 PM   #5
r207
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Did you get any crackles out of the tune
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 11:51 PM   #6
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

^^ you can't get crackles out of a piggyback tune. Only flash tunes are able to do that.

For those that have this for their F95, any issues at all? I was looking into it on the M5 forums and I didn't see any issues reported there which is a good sign since the drivetrain is the same.

Alan
      08-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #7
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
^^ you can't get crackles out of a piggyback tune. Only flash tunes are able to do that.

For those that have this for their F95, any issues at all? I was looking into it on the M5 forums and I didn't see any issues reported there which is a good sign since the drivetrain is the same.

Alan
no issues so far with the car. only issues I've had is sometimes I have trouble connecting to the app from my phone.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      08-18-2020, 08:39 PM   #8
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r207 View Post
Did you get any crackles out of the tune
no crackles. but you can hear the induction from the turbos a bit more and some "farting" on up shifts.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      08-19-2020, 08:56 AM   #9
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Alan
No issues in the past 5 years of selling RaceChip.
Also, now they have engine warranty.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 11:48 AM   #10
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:

Alan
sent you a PM.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      08-25-2020, 12:16 PM   #11
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Alan
Yeah but not turbos, fuel pump or anything related. Those are more prone to failure than anything motor related. Worst case scenario for the motor, you'll need new spark plugs.
      10-28-2020, 08:44 PM   #12
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
I think it's time...considering the GTS Black for my M50. Anyone have a copy of the instructions for installation?

I want to get an idea of what I am in for.

Thanks
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      11-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #13
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
I think it's time...considering the GTS Black for my M50. Anyone have a copy of the instructions for installation?

Thanks
There will be my version of instruction if purchased from me.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2020, 08:58 PM   #14
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
I have no doubt about that Ben. Wanted to see what I was in store for first. I didn't get it for X3M as it was more than I wanted to undertake.

Plus, where else would I buy it from!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12801.50
      11-01-2020, 11:56 PM   #15
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
I have no doubt about that Ben. Wanted to see what I was in store for first. I didn't get it for X3M as it was more than I wanted to undertake.

Plus, where else would I buy it from!
Haha, then you know how to obtain a copy.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 02:37 PM   #16
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5MC Marina Bay Blue

I've had the Race Chip GTS Black fitted for about a week now ... and have been seriously impressed with it.

The power delivery is noticeably smoother than stock, as if it eliminates the slight turbo lag.

Really happy with it, and the App control is very easy.

I replaced my brake pads with RG Sport's 'low-dust' pads too, and new tyres all-round ... so hopefully the improved acceleration & top-end speed can be managed better
Attached Images

02-12-2022, 05:37 PM   #17
bellabimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M F95

Any idea if this things are trackable when you send the car for service...warranty thing ?
Appreciate 1
Aliabd91247.50
      02-13-2022, 02:53 PM   #18
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabimmer View Post
Any idea if this things are trackable when you send the car for service...warranty thing ?

The app allows the chip to be de-activated (the app literally states that the car is now back to stock), so I would guess that unless the dealer has a need to look in the engine bay, or hook up to the ECU, I think the dealer wouldn't even know

Whereas for a service, the chip will be physically visible in the engine bay, but could be easily unclipped (takes 10 mins apparently)

As with all warranty issues, the dealer would have to show that the issue resulting in the warranty claim is related materially to any after-market change

I noticed when i took the car in for it's 1st service (not the 1200m initial oil change), that on the paperwork afterwards it mentioned "no warranty" re. the springs (I'd replaced stock with MSS), wheels (I'd replaced stock with HREs 22" all-round), and exhaust (I'd replaced exhaust with Akra Slip-On)

... in all 3 cases the dealer would have to show that the mod itself caused the warranty claim ... not easy (unless the mod DID actually cause the warranty claim! LOL )

but in any event if you use reputable suppliers (as I do, after all this is a 100K+ car) then you normally get an extra / replacement warranty.

The Race Chip site states there is a 10K Euro warranty limit, and I've already registered my chip & car:

https://www.racechip.com/shop/bmw/x5...0kw-750nm.html

... what was also a factor for me was that trusted BMW vendors like RG Sport have been selling these chips for 6-7 years without issue, and that Race Chip itself seems to be a reliable brand (admittedly just based on my internet research), plus ultimately the chip isn't really adding THAT much BHP & torque (82 BHP, 167 torque Nm), whereas other alternatives seem to offer much more, which would make me nervous about how far the engine, transmission etc is being pushed by the chip

Hope that helps!
      02-13-2022, 05:57 PM   #19
bellabimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M F95

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155ND View Post
The app allows the chip to be de-activated (the app literally states that the car is now back to stock), so I would guess that unless the dealer has a need to look in the engine bay, or hook up to the ECU, I think the dealer wouldn't even know

Whereas for a service, the chip will be physically visible in the engine bay, but could be easily unclipped (takes 10 mins apparently)

As with all warranty issues, the dealer would have to show that the issue resulting in the warranty claim is related materially to any after-market change

I noticed when i took the car in for it's 1st service (not the 1200m initial oil change), that on the paperwork afterwards it mentioned "no warranty" re. the springs (I'd replaced stock with MSS), wheels (I'd replaced stock with HREs 22" all-round), and exhaust (I'd replaced exhaust with Akra Slip-On)

... in all 3 cases the dealer would have to show that the mod itself caused the warranty claim ... not easy (unless the mod DID actually cause the warranty claim! LOL )

but in any event if you use reputable suppliers (as I do, after all this is a 100K+ car) then you normally get an extra / replacement warranty.

The Race Chip site states there is a 10K Euro warranty limit, and I've already registered my chip & car:

... what was also a factor for me was that trusted BMW vendors like RG Sport have been selling these chips for 6-7 years without issue, and that Race Chip itself seems to be a reliable brand (admittedly just based on my internet research), plus ultimately the chip isn't really adding THAT much BHP & torque (82 BHP, 167 torque Nm), whereas other alternatives seem to offer much more, which would make me nervous about how far the engine, transmission etc is being pushed by the chip

Hope that helps!
Thank you...it makes sense and I get the point now and I am ordering soon GTS Black and will post before/after results.

I have also aftermarket exhaust - opf delete + secondary cats and I managed so far to not "break" warranty haha so I suppose GTS Black will give maybe more than 82hp since exhaust has more free flow due to no OPF and secondary cats.

By the way send me a pic of car on HRE wheels or reply here I want to see how it looks on them.
Appreciate 1
155ND903.50
      02-13-2022, 11:25 PM   #20
1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
Quote:

You might know so I am asking I have a new unused RaceChip GTS Black I bought for my E70 X5. Would All I need to do is get the right cables and flash the program since I have a free flash re-program of the chip. I am getting a G05 now. I never got around to installing it on the E70 so its in the box on the shelf

Thanks. I would appreciate any insight you may have on this.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 05:13 AM   #21
TSullivanM
Rep
Drives: 320 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155ND View Post

Hope that helps!

I would love to see pics of your car with Akra and HREs on!
Appreciate 1
155ND903.50
      02-14-2022, 02:15 PM   #22
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabimmer View Post
Thank you...it makes sense and I get the point now and I am ordering soon GTS Black and will post before/after results.

I have also aftermarket exhaust - opf delete + secondary cats and I managed so far to not "break" warranty haha so I suppose GTS Black will give maybe more than 82hp since exhaust has more free flow due to no OPF and secondary cats.

By the way send me a pic of car on HRE wheels or reply here I want to see how it looks on them.

OPF delete + secondary cats sounds like a real step up ... I am a bit of chicken though so have just done the Akra Slip-On, but would love to go the whole way:

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/pro...56&yearId=6269

I would imagine the BHP from the RaceChip would be more than 82 given your set-up ... genuine question, are you at all worried about the engine / transmission if you have the chip added to your existing mods?

And, any chance of a video of your "OPF delete + secondary cats" set-up? Please