speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
Legend thanks for that. Feel a lot happier now. Car has been built and will be in the uk end of may but as I am exporting it to Germany I can only drive it in the uk for two months before registering it there. That means I can't pick it up until sep. the wait is killing me lol.
Oh no that would kill me. Mine was built on the 25th February and landed in Southampton on the 28th March, and I collected from dealer on 4th April two weeks earlier than scheduled delivery week.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 03:40 PM   #24
WAHF80M3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHF80M3 View Post
Hoping this isn't the case with Australian delivered M50d's as well. I pick mine up Saturday and assumed it was standard 😵
I know it is a bit rubbish of bmw. I thought the comfort pack only gave you the swipe foot opening but apparently not.
Definitely rubbish but I guess it's on us to read the brochure a little more closely... 😔
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 02:17 AM   #25
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

Quote:
So just read the owners manual in detail. Page 94; if you haven't got comfort access lower tailgate is definitely manually operated only. The upper portion still opens and closes on both the key and button inside the car but only if lower section is in the correct position. Shame on bmw for not making it clearer and I am a little disappointed since my non comfort access car has already completed build but hey not the end of the world and one less thing to go wrong I suppose. Shout out to the brits who pointed this out earlier in the thread and sorry I didn't listen!!!
Wow this surprises me. Not seen any literature that makes this clear. I am sure you will note care in a couple of weeks but this is pretty poor!
Appreciate 0