BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-03-2019, 09:50 PM   #1
eightd2
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Leather Dash - Too Late

After waiting about 2 weeks for my order to be accepted, I called my dealer today to add the Leather Dashboard option. Was told that my X5 was in production and I was given a reference number. Told I could not add the leather dash even though the vehicle will not be completed for several weeks. Is it really too late or am I just being given a run around?
Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
magbarn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 540i Msport

Yup too late. Now it matters if you're willing to compromise and take it "As-is" or get another one?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
jimv03
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightd2 View Post
After waiting about 2 weeks for my order to be accepted, I called my dealer today to add the Leather Dashboard option. Was told that my X5 was in production and I was given a reference number. Told I could not add the leather dash even though the vehicle will not be completed for several weeks. Is it really too late or am I just being given a run around?

Thank you.
As I understand, once you have a VIN assigned you can't make any changes.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 10:24 PM   #4
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i

Quote:

Thank you.
I was in situation but was happy at the end. If you don't have M package, your dash will be sensa-tec with stitching which looks really good and is durable
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2019, 03:49 AM   #5
BigSanj
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 M50D

If you have the VIN its too late, if you dont have the VIN and its only reference, your dealer is being lazy, i wanted to make a change to mine once i had ordered it after a few weeks and they advised me that its not possible, but i spoke to sales manager who said it can be done, but its not easy, (i changed my mind again and stuck with my original order)

but he did mention its a pain to get done, but if my VIN had been assigned then it would be a simple no to make change.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #6
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
I was in situation but was happy at the end. If you don't have M package, your dash will be sensa-tec with stitching which looks really good and is durable
Will the sensa-tec dash always have stitching if you don't have Msport? I thought I read that sensa-tec dash with sensa-tec seats has stitching, and indeed saw an example of this a couple of days ago, but that sensa-tec dash with leather seats did not have the stitching, Msport or Xline.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #7
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWPK View Post
Will the sensa-tec dash always have stitching if you don't have Msport? I thought I read that sensa-tec dash with sensa-tec seats has stitching, and indeed saw an example of this a couple of days ago, but that sensa-tec dash with leather seats did not have the stitching, Msport or Xline.
All xLines being produced should have the stitched dash. I believe the start date on the was early December. We have not seen any that have broken that rule so if you get back to the one you saw, can you please check the build date.

Also a member posted that their dealer verified that all xLines will have the stitched dash.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #8
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWPK View Post
Yup as TurtleBoy said after December all x-lines get stitched sensa-tec dash and upper door panel. This photo is from my car which was built in March
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 10:28 AM   #9
peter11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:

Thank you.
It's hard to say from what you wrote if you're getting the runaround. Log into "mybmw" to see the real status. You can set up your car in the system using the production number. Once in if it says production scheduled you can still change. If it says production begins AND you have a VIN showing, then you can't.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 07:20 AM   #10
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

I don't understand how it's hard for the dealership to make changes if you don't have a VIN, yet.

In fact, I asked the dealer to make two different changes since my original order. All they had to do was go into the build portal and select/deselect the options I wanted. Took 2 min...

All in all, I am very surprised with some of the dealer experience. You would think a luxury German manufacture would give people better customer service.
      04-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #11
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
I don't understand how it's hard for the dealership to make changes if you don't have a VIN, yet.

In fact, I asked the dealer to make two different changes since my original order. All they had to do was go into the build portal and select/deselect the options I wanted. Took 2 min...

All in all, I am very surprised with some of the dealer experience. You would think a luxury German manufacture would give people better customer service.
Once its at Status 150 you can't make a change.
Ask for the status and the date of the status.

From the F80 forum:
0 Order deleted by NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production
**** Up to this point you can still make changes to the car such as options, colors, etc. However, once the car goes to status 150, you cannot make any changes since the car is now in production!
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival at destination port?
Appreciate 0