BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #1
jenc
Rep
Drives: X5

Nail on a Bridgestone tire!

Happy Easter fellas,
Today I found a nail (screw) on our new X40i with ~4K miles. I have 20" bridgestone alenza sport a/s. Did anyone have experience with their road hazard warranty? I found several posts regarding Pirelli's. Not sure if Bridgestone offers similar coverage. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 06:44 PM   #2
JFU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenc View Post
Happy Easter fellas,
Today I found a nail (screw) on our new X40i with ~4K miles. I have 20" bridgestone alenza sport a/s. Did anyone have experience with their road hazard warranty? I found several posts regarding Pirelli's. Not sure if Bridgestone offers similar coverage. Thanks!
It sounds like you did not purchase an additional tire/rim coverage when you took delivery of the car right? If so, I've not heard of road hazard coverage for the set of tires that come with the car. I do know that OE tires replaced at certain dealers carry a 2 year road hazard warranty. I would be interested in finding out if there is coverage for the original set of tires from BMW/tire manufacturers. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 06:46 PM   #3
JFU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Happy Easter fellas,
Oh and also, per Bridgestone warranty documents for the purchase and install of a set of tires:

This Limited Warranty does not cover the following:
1. Tire damage or irregular wear due to:
A. Road hazards, including, without limitation:
Puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise,
bulge, snag, etc.

My gut tells me there won't be much luck getting your situation covered by either Bridgestone or BMW. Where's the location of the puncture?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
jenc
Rep

Thanks. Per Bridgestone, they do seem to offer similar road hazard warranty:

Page 12: The DriveGuard Supplemental RoadHazard Limited Warranty...
https://www.bridgestonetire.com/cont...s-05-12-17.pdf

And this:

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/free-run-flat-tire-road-hazard-warranty-your-tire-shop-forgot-tell-you-about

"...The Bridgestone site says “For additional peace of mind, the DriveGuard Supplemental RoadHazard Limited Warranty covers eligible tires that become damaged or unusable for any reason resulting from a road hazard (e.g. cut, snag, bruise, impact, or puncture). This warranty, given to promote goodwill, is a supplement to the Limited Warranty applicable to your tires.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFU View Post
Oh and also, per Bridgestone warranty documents for the purchase and install of a set of tires:

This Limited Warranty does not cover the following:
1. Tire damage or irregular wear due to:
A. Road hazards, including, without limitation:
Puncture, cut, impact break, stone drill, bruise,
bulge, snag, etc.

My gut tells me there won't be much luck getting your situation covered by either Bridgestone or BMW. Where's the location of the puncture?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
JFU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Per Bridgestone, they do seem to offer similar road hazard warranty:

Page 12: The DriveGuard Supplemental RoadHazard Limited Warranty...
https://www.bridgestonetire.com/cont...s-05-12-17.pdf

And this:

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/free-run-flat-tire-road-hazard-warranty-your-tire-shop-forgot-tell-you-about

"...The Bridgestone site says “For additional peace of mind, the DriveGuard Supplemental RoadHazard Limited Warranty covers eligible tires that become damaged or unusable for any reason resulting from a road hazard (e.g. cut, snag, bruise, impact, or puncture). This warranty, given to promote goodwill, is a supplement to the Limited Warranty applicable to your tires.”
Ah very interesting. Good find. Thanks! I had a screw through a tire recently in my MINI, but it was just outside the 1 year window, so I paid out of pocket to replace the front pair. Since I did it at a participating dealership, I now have 2 year coverage for those front tires.

Hopefully you can navigate the procedure for Bridgestone to offer you a free or otherwise pro-rated replacement
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 10:31 PM   #6
jenc
Rep

Thanks - I'll contact the local Bridgestone dealers and update later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFU View Post
Ah very interesting. Good find. Thanks! I had a screw through a tire recently in my MINI, but it was just outside the 1 year window, so I paid out of pocket to replace the front pair. Since I did it at a participating dealership, I now have 2 year coverage for those front tires.

Hopefully you can navigate the procedure for Bridgestone to offer you a free or otherwise pro-rated replacement
Appreciate 2
jimv0326.00
LexxM31697.50
      04-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #7
Pictor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50 & 2020 M850i

Garage List
Is it in a spot that you could patch/plug?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
speuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 3.0d MSport / F23

Garage List
2010 f07 SE GT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Is it in a spot that you could patch/plug?
My thoughts too. If it is in the top of the tread and the tyre has not been driven flat I always get my rfts repaired.
Appreciate 0