BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-09-2019, 12:34 AM   #1
flyinglarry
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 G05 40i

Lost my confidence on BMW quality control.

Got my vehicle in Jan with the Display Key, and the entry level menus which can adjust the suspension height is completely missing from the display key. No problem at all to adjust the height in the car though. I only got 4 menus rather than 5 like other ppl have. Take my car into the local dealer 2 times before for other issues. And the service advisor there was still not able to figure out why the function is missing from my car. One SALES guy simply told me over the phone that the November builds didn't have this feature ready when its rolled out.

After the software update, the remote start is still missing from "Preconditioning" menu.

I just cannot believe it cuz they have the demo video how to do that on youtube, and then I contacted BMW Canada, got the technician over the phone who didn't even bother to ask around, and basically just told me to trust whatever the dealer says.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 06:20 AM   #2
twinturbomann
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i, 2022 X6 X40i

Sorry your having issues.

Back in January, I had to visit the dealership 3x before i stepped in to figure out the setup process myself to get my BMW connect to function with traffic, apps, phone app...

The BMW configuration computer setup uses some sort of terminal session into what looks like a AS400. The problem was the terminal based bmw connect password policy accepts weak passwords (example - “Welcome1”) but really requires a unique password (example - W3lc0meh0m3)like the online web interface.

After that was completed, deleted the phone app and reset the bmw connect within the car, reinstall phone app then features began to work.

Maybe take the battery out or if possible re-sync the key with the steps above.

Good luck 👍
Appreciate 0