Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Quote:
It's sounding like it's really up to each dealer if they want to apply it to a custom order or not. Technically once the car arrives and they put it in their system, it's an "in-stock" car. Not sure how my SA is doing it, but he's applying to my deal in full on a custom order.
My guess is most dealers consider our transaction as a "done deal" with no upside to absorbing a $500 discount.
Perhaps would be a bit more agreeable if used as credit on accessories such as mats etc.

I understand their reluctance.
True, though they should at least apply the $500 from BMW NA that will in no way affect the dealer's profit.
Make sense if BMW permits which I question. Consider dealers that deny then turn in credit to BMW and keep $1000 credit themselves.
Appreciate 1
bluzbra269.00
      01-26-2020, 08:38 PM   #24
Wxnatscaps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i Arctic Grey

I sent this to my CA asking about it - he’s looking into it tomorrow. I’ll post when I hear back.
Appreciate 2
bluzbra269.00
RVAGuy166.00
      01-26-2020, 09:02 PM   #25
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxnatscaps View Post
I sent this to my CA asking about it - he’s looking into it tomorrow. I’ll post when I hear back.
Mine had similar response which pleasantly surprised me. The promotion definitely appeared focused on the west coast.
Appreciate 1
bluzbra269.00
      01-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #26
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Anyone have updates if your SAs are applying the credit towards your deal or not? Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 03:37 PM   #27
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Anyone have updates if your SAs are applying the credit towards your deal or not? Just curious.
Quote:
My CA called to say they tried to process the $1000 credit but was rejected by BMW. Has anyone on East coast been able to use?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #28
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My CA called to say they tried to process the $1000 credit but was rejected by BMW. Has anyone on East coast been able to use?
I'm in Chicago, I called my GM. He said that he could apply the credit towards but we would need to reorder the vehicle!
Told him No Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:04 PM   #29
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in Chicago, I called my GM. He said that he could apply the credit towards but we would need to reorder the vehicle!
Told him No Thanks
Apparently dealers don't like to honor these credits probably because they would have to kick in $500.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:22 PM   #30
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Told him No Thanks
Apparently dealers don't like to honor these credits probably because they would have to kick in $500.
It's funny that you say that. After I sent him an email, he responded with " we can save another $500 but we would need to reorder the vehicle" lol. Clearly he was only going to apply BMWNA Credit and not the dealership.

I didn't want to argue or make it a big deal over 500-1000 dollars since I have a good relationship with them. Plus, they already gave me a huge discount on the car so I thought it wouldn't really be appropriate to give them a hard time.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 04:45 PM   #31
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Just a heads up as to how your dealerships might be able to apply the incentive towards your deal, assuming the reason they're providing for not applying it is because it's a custom order. According to my SA, once the car arrives at their dealership, he is going to check it into his dealer inventory, take our name off of it so it's no longer tied to us as a custom order, take the keys and keep it so no one else can sell the car, and then after a week I go in and basically lease the car as a "walk-in" customer and at that point it's an "in-stock" vehicle I'm leasing, not a custom order. It's basically a technicality, but he thinks it will work. I'm willing to go along with it if it means an extra $1,000 off my deal, which basically will get me back to my December discount that I had lost when I locked in January. I'll be happy if it all works out.
MoeMo87183.50
      01-30-2020, 04:22 PM   #32
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just a heads up as to how your dealerships might be able to apply the incentive towards your deal, assuming the reason they're providing for not applying it is because it's a custom order. According to my SA, once the car arrives at their dealership, he is going to check it into his dealer inventory, take our name off of it so it's no longer tied to us as a custom order, take the keys and keep it so no one else can sell the car, and then after a week I go in and basically lease the car as a "walk-in" customer and at that point it's an "in-stock" vehicle I'm leasing, not a custom order. It's basically a technicality, but he thinks it will work. I'm willing to go along with it if it means an extra $1,000 off my deal, which basically will get me back to my December discount that I had lost when I locked in January. I'll be happy if it all works out.
This is exactly what I was thinking when the GM said we would have to reorder the car to receive the incentive. Technically I don't even have to purchase my order, I can tell them I don't want the car anymore and get my deposit back.

With that being said, I just didn't want to go there because he already gave me a HUGE discount, so I just left it alone.

Plus, even if I wanted to do it now, I guess it's to late. I think the deadline to sign up for that sale was couple days ago
Appreciate 0