BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-12-2023, 01:54 AM   #1
bmwn00bie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BWM X5 40i

[2024 X5 40i] Check Engine Light on after dropping my car at dealer for a noise check

Occasionally there is some high pitch noise coming from the left side of front bumper on my 2024 x5 40i. I dropped it at the dealer for a diagnose. Today I was told it was ready to pick up and they couldn't find any problem. But when I picked it up, its check engine was on. I didn't take it home because of it and left it there for another day. I'm really curious what technician did to my x5 to turn on its check engine light.

I had about 2k miles on it now. Loved it so far, but it's already spent 3days in the shop.

The dealer gave me a loaner car, also a 2024 x5 40i xdrive. I feel this loaner's throttle is more responsive, and feels more powerful than mine. I'm not sure it's because the engine power or transimission. Or it's because this loaner is newer with less than 300 miles on it. It's a base 40i xdrive, without any options. Mine has m-sports, premium package, DAP etc. But these options are supposed to make the car feel better? I might be paranoid.

Let me know if anybody has similar experiences and any suggestions will be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 10:24 AM   #2
realdah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5

“I feel this loaner's throttle is more responsive”, could it be that you are usually more gentle to your own car but not the loaner?

I remember that the ECU would adaptively learn the driver's driving habit.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 02:18 PM   #3
bmwn00bie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BWM X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdah View Post
“I feel this loaner's throttle is more responsive”, could it be that you are usually more gentle to your own car but not the loaner?

I remember that the ECU would adaptively learn the driver's driving habit.
Oh yeah, I'm usually more gentle to my car. Didn't know ECU can do that.
Appreciate 0