BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
JejuneLegume
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

United BMW Discloses Customers' Personal Information to 3rd Party Marketing Companies

For the past several months I've been getting unsolicited sales calls from United BMW's service dept that I'd let go to voice mail. The purpose of the sales call is to tout a free thirty point inspection service.

Finally had enough of these annoying calls, so picked up and listened to the salesman's pitch.

I asked him if this was some kinda joke, then related how United BMW installed half of a performance suspension, horribly hosed up my alignment, then demanded an additional $1,500+ to install the missing suspension components United BMW failed to install.

The sales guy explained that he is working for a third party company retained by United BMW to make these sales calls.

Therefore United BMW is disclosing customers' personal information to this third party marketing company. What is the privacy policy of this third party marketing company? Ironclad, I'm sure.

During the new car purchase process I repeatedly requested that United BMW refrain from using my personal information for marketing purposes and refrain from disclosing my information to third parties. I opted out of these programs repeatedly yet continue to receive marketing promotions at my email address and home address.

The privacy policy statement on United BMW' web site clearly states that Federal law requires United BMW to allow customers to opt out of marketing promotions and disclosure of personal information to third parties.

Not that United BMW has any regard for customer privacy or the law.

The 'free inspection' ploy common to low-rent businesses is United BMW's method to generate revenue by victimizing customers with United BMW's fraudulent sales and service practices.

Fine buncha' professionals at United BMW.

Quote:
Apparently it bears noting that this information is offered to board members in the metro Atlanta who may wish to take this feedback under advisement when choosing an Atlanta area BMW dealership.
Attached Images