Views: 567
Size:  83.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 06:37 AM   #46
bjcarls
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 Tahoe, 22 R1S, 23 Z07

If you’ve never driven in a Trackhawk you don’t get it. It was never meant to be a BMW, if it was, Jeep failed miserably. The exhaust and motor are way to loud, people smile way too much after a run to 90mph, the head unit/nav/CarPlay are too easy to use and people love talking about it.

Here are the biggest differences.

Pros: Drivetrain, noise, fun, fun, cost of ownership

Surprisingly able to live with: leather quality, seat comfort, interior volume

Cons: Body fit, ride, brake feel, dealer service, people asking questions/thumbs up/taking video

I’ve owned BMW’s for the last 16 years and my wife still has one. I wanted a change, something that wasn’t so refined. A Jeep TH is a modern day muscle SUV that goes like a bat out of hell and feels/sounds like it. The M’s, and almost all BMWs are so quick these days but they don’t necessarily have the drama I wanted. They are too refined sometimes, and I wanted to try something different.

It’s been a good change BUT if a BMW dealer called and said, I have a new 2020 X5M for $85, I would happily trade my Jeep. But at a 40% more MSRP, I doubt they’ll do that. After 3 years though, I will probably change to an X7, I do miss some of the everyday refinement and need a big car. I will probably never buy another Jeep/FCA product.
Appreciate 2
      05-28-2020, 08:09 AM   #47
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Let's call this what it is, it's a pilot video for the X6M. We all watched it and I bet, in a small way enjoyed it.

Was it Matt Watson quality? Not even close. Looks like it was shot on the first generation Go Pro and a Jitterbug burner phone. All the money went into the cars, none into filming....I can respect that as I have to steal my kids Go Pro myself.

But what this video did give us, was a look into the mystical X5/6M's stock street credibility. Sure the guy shooting the video is totally biased to the Trackhawk, that's ok. He is proud and to be honest, has been the big dog for a few years and might still be or the reign could be over.

Let's also look at some other factors that seem to be missing. Let's hope and assume the X6M did complete it's Run In Service. Any ///M owner knows and feels that it gets a little quicker after you put a few thousand on the clock. Could be the car, could be the driver learning the right hold time on a launch and so on. My times on my X3M decreased as I put miles on, now they are all consistent. Engine or driver....another debate maybe.

As far as cost....the Lambo is insane and I am sure the experience is worth it. Sure the TH has a base in the upper 80's but be honest.....are you going to be the person to have a TH with no options? So average MSRP is between 95-99k. The X6M was probably a HEA launch car with a MSRP of 127 to 129k.

Any honest Jeep person will agree that the fit and finish of the BMW is superior. The quality of materials do not compare.

I say bravo to the video maker and thank them risking themselves on the crazy streets of Mexico.

I would have loved to seen a second dig race between X6M and the trackhawk.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7833.00
      05-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #48
bjcarls
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 Tahoe, 22 R1S, 23 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post

As far as cost....the Lambo is insane and I am sure the experience is worth it. Sure the TH has a base in the upper 80's but be honest.....are you going to be the person to have a TH with no options? So average MSRP is between 95-99k. The X6M was probably a HEA launch car with a MSRP of 127 to 129k.

Any honest Jeep person will agree that the fit and finish of the BMW is superior. The quality of materials do not compare.
TH’s are heavily discounted because of all the things I mentioned above and what everyone knows about Jeep products. Mine had a MSRP of $98K and I walked out the door for $84 and change. With no negotiation, listed on dealer websites your at $10k off sticker. For $2k more I purchased a 8yr/80,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty.

I should post pics of the stuff that would drive you (and me for the first year) crazy! They slap these things together.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 08:55 AM   #49
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post

TH’s are heavily discounted because of all the things I mentioned above and what everyone knows about Jeep products. Mine had a MSRP of $98K and I walked out the door for $84 and change. With no negotiation, listed on dealer websites your at $10k off sticker. For $2k more I purchased a 8yr/80,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty.

I should post pics of the stuff that would drive you (and me for the first year) crazy! They slap these things together.
I hear you on the discounts. My friend owns a local dealership and always offers to get me into a TH. The discounts and rebates are similar on all BMW'S with a little work.

I will say this and probably get push back, the TH seems to holds its value a bit better than the performance BMW's.

Back in 2016 I had a deposit on a SRT but went for a 2016 X5 50i M Sport build. Not calculating discounts, the SRT had a sticker of 76k and my BMW was 88k. 3 years later, the SRT's had a far superior trade in value over the X5.

Other than the trade in value, I had zero regrets with my decision. 77k problem free hard driven miles.

Enjoy your TH
Appreciate 1
tvasica70.50
      05-28-2020, 03:01 PM   #50
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

That Urus looks like its lowered down so much its just bouncing around in the video.

The only match up the X6M lost was the one on the highway against the TH. From a dig the X6M was pulling hard but he gave the win to the TH?
      05-28-2020, 05:14 PM   #51
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBMWNA View Post
This is absolutely the wrong way to do this test.... public highway, one hand on the steering wheel, the other holding a phone to film? Accelerating at full speed to over the limit? Give me a break...
It's just another "vlogger" or "YouTuber". I wouldn't expect anything else.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #52
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Some sketchy road tests to say the least.

Not CarWow. 😂
      05-29-2020, 03:03 AM   #53
dizzy619
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

I say bravo to the video maker and thank them risking themselves on the crazy streets of Mexico.

Seriously!! At least it was his choice... He was also risking everyone else's lives by doing it all on the public roads... They did not have a choice.

What a douche
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00
      05-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #54
Omar81
Private
Rep
Drives: 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zil View Post
This video is terrible. Really, doing a drag race on a public road? 🤦🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 05:24 AM   #55
HighlyMedicated
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m340ix

Have you been in a urus? Its a great car but not worth the price. X6M is the better value hands down but if money was not a factor everyone would pick the urus. Idk why tomahawks are in this test shoulda been a tesla
X.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 01:35 PM   #56
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyMedicated View Post
Have you been in a urus? Its a great car but not worth the price. X6M is the better value hands down but if money was not a factor everyone would pick the urus. Idk why tomahawks are in this test shoulda been a tesla
X.
Yes, I dont think the build quality was nearly as nice as the BMW. The kids get star struck because these are their Halo brands. There is a lot of "passes" the Urus gets when reviewed by the media in build quality and materials used. It wont age well in a few years and 30k of miles but Italian cars never see 30k miles for some reason???
I am just not brand impressed by anyone when evaluating a car.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2020, 01:58 PM   #57
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Lambo is today 10% Italian, 90% German in every sense.
Appreciate 0