BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-21-2023, 07:55 PM   #1
fate9834
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

My 2020 M50i recently developed a squeaky sound (kinda like the sound of a old spring mattress) from middle-rear portion of the interior. The issue happened specifically after I took the car for a interior cleaning. It was also very random and happened on all conditions, but more so with some vertical chassis movements. Initially I thought it was coming from rear bench but sometimes I felt it came right beneath the driver seat. Tried to push/shake all the seats by hand but couldn't reproduce the sound.

Last night I looked under the front seats and realized that the plastic air vents under the front seats were rubbing against the WeatherTech winter floor mats. I guess when they cleaned the interior they removed and reinstalled the floor mats but didn't tuck it in properly. I then raised the air vents and rested it on top of the floor mat and this morning the squeaky sound was gone

I know my issue might be very specific but I hope it may help some bothered souls here!
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
radmjk240.50
icj_45e108.00
X6ix GTA142.00
CGG171.50
IFlyX5236.50