04-06-2024, 07:21 PM   #23
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGONXF30 View Post
This is such a first world problem it is not even funny. The rear seats are extremely comfortable they way they are. A one inch recline would NOT make them any better.
I would disagree. I have a 2004 Honda CVR, rear seats relcine My father’s Subaru forester rear seats also recline. They are both less than 1/2 of G05 after normalized with inflation. And previous x5 rear seats also recline. So not too much to expect g05 rears relcine.

Since both of my kids are in car seat, so lack recline hasn’t really impact me. Rear facing daughter would have a bit more leg room of relcine is there. Son’s forward seat can be installed a bit more reclined so when he drifts off to sleep, his head csn lean rear ward.
NGT25619.00
      04-07-2024, 06:27 AM   #24
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i S-Line/Melbourne Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelnoraa View Post
I would disagree. I have a 2004 Honda CVR, rear seats relcine My father’s Subaru forester rear seats also recline. They are both less than 1/2 of G05 after normalized with inflation. And previous x5 rear seats also recline. So not too much to expect g05 rears relcine.

Since both of my kids are in car seat, so lack recline hasn’t really impact me. Rear facing daughter would have a bit more leg room of relcine is there. Son’s forward seat can be installed a bit more reclined so when he drifts off to sleep, his head csn lean rear ward.
because those seats are extremely uncomfortable and the reason the need some recline to make them more tolerable.

A one inch recline will NOT make the G05 seats any more comfortable. The X3 rear seat back are as thin as cardboard and why they perhaps need to recline.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 08:08 AM   #25
BlkGS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGONXF30 View Post
The X5 rear seat is more than comfortable. A 1 inch recline will not make it substantially more comfortable as it already is plenty comfortable.

Also, keep you sensitive nature out of it which also make your look soft and immature, by trying to call others names.
I don't think the recline is what makes or doesn't make the seats comfortable. That said, the seats aren't as comfortable as most.competitors in the class. That's a problem, and yountrying to diminish it by saying "oh it's a first world problem" is both demeaning to the people who care, and dangerous to BMW's business. BMW has a lot of competitors that are more than happy to exploit weaknesses of the X5 for market share gain.

Personally, I find the seats fine, but I like a stiffer seat. I'm also not easily triggered and don't try to live on some moral high cloud, and don't try to diminish the very real concerns of others. If you're spending 50k plus on a midsize SUV, there should be nothing that's not meeting expectations.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 05:03 PM   #26
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i S-Line/Melbourne Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
I don't think the recline is what makes or doesn't make the seats comfortable. That said, the seats aren't as comfortable as most.competitors in the class. That's a problem, and yountrying to diminish it by saying "oh it's a first world problem" is both demeaning to the people who care, and dangerous to BMW's business. BMW has a lot of competitors that are more than happy to exploit weaknesses of the X5 for market share gain.

Personally, I find the seats fine, but I like a stiffer seat. I'm also not easily triggered and don't try to live on some moral high cloud, and don't try to diminish the very real concerns of others. If you're spending 50k plus on a midsize SUV, there should be nothing that's not meeting expectations.
It is very simple. If you want reclining seats, go elsewhere. I have sat in the rear seats for longer than average trips around town and they were very much comfortable. They have good height, thigh support (Huge for me) and a good recline. They are comfortable and very supple with the Merino Leather. I enjoy them. Would I want them to recline to, sure, but I knew about it when I was buying the car and I made the choice knowing about it. I also had X3 as loaners and the X5 rear seats are MUCH MUCH better than the X3.

Since you mention the competition, have YOU spend time at the back of all those cars, or just going off some internet review?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 05:55 PM   #27
NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
I don’t understand why people get so defensive about this stuff. BMW nor any of their specific models are infallible. There is no perfect car (well except maybe the G30 M550 …. Jk jk)

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1
X6ix GTA142.00