BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-11-2023, 11:51 PM   #1
reice23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 530i

Extended Warranties Transferable

This is a crazy story lol. Was looking at a 2023 45e online from the dealers website and the person who traded it in name popped up on the welcome screen in the description pics ( guess the dealer didnt wipe her info or whatever). Had a great test drive told the salesman I was gonna look at another car at another dealership and i'll get back to him in a few days. Did some google searching and found that person on social media and messaged them. They answered back and let me ask questions about the car, like why they traded it in after 8 months etc. Basically she said the seats were too sporty and not her style so she traded it and got another Volvo. She also seems pretty well off with money and said she tried to get refund on all the extended warranties (service warranty, maintenance warranty, tire and wheel, and windshield) the dealership was giving her the run around so she just gave up on trying to get the money back. She showed me all the receipts from the dealership and she paid like 10k for all those warranties. The receipts don't say who the provider it is like an aftermarket or if its BMW's warranty. Anyways she was cool and was like hey if you can figure it out and if they are transferable i'll be more than happy to sign them off to you so you can have the warranties free of charge just let me know what I have to do. I was like are you sure "free" and she was like yes im sure. I was like wow ok well i haven't bought it yet but I planned on it for sure since you just clarified and answered my questions. Long story short are these warranties transferable to new owner? I was planning on calling the original dealer she bought it from to ask forsure just not sure if they gonna give me the run around as well or if I can call any BMW dealership to figure this all out.
Appreciate 0