BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-13-2023, 08:13 PM   #1
BMWDriverCA
Rep
Drives: BMW

Order 2024 G05 X5 xDrive 50e Hybrid PHEV from Canada Alberta

Hello,

I ordered 2024 X5 hybrid from Spartanburg US and it was in production as promised by my dealership during Week 41/October 9. Now it is stuck for a week in FINAL ASSEMBLY. I called dealership and was told it is awaiting to be shipped. Then the question I asked myself, why the status doesn’t change to “Ready for Transport or Awaiting Shipment”?

I tried calling BMW phone number but they have absolutely no clue about Canadian orders (very strange).

I’m wondering, if anybody in the same situation, was my X5 really built or did they find issue during final assembly and can’t send it?

And I’m also wondering if anybody has any info, how long does it usually take to ship from Spartanburg to Alberta Canada?

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 08:52 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Welcome to the forum, you should be fine. If you reached Final Assembly that means it has ben assembled and passed the QC checks. Final Assembly is mainly putting on the protection for shipping. The online status is not updated in real time so there is a lag between what actually happens and the status being updated to show it.
      10-13-2023, 09:24 PM   #3
BMWDriverCA
Rep

Thank you for your reply. This is what I was hopping for. Now I just would like to figure out if there are any delays with the shipment for week 41-42 and does it really take over a month to get it to Alberta Canada?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Welcome to the forum, you should be fine. If you reached Final Assembly that means it has ben assembled and passed the QC checks. Final Assembly is mainly putting on the protection for shipping. The online status is not updated in real time so there is a lag between what actually happens and the status being updated to show it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 09:47 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDriverCA View Post
Thank you for your reply. This is what I was hopping for. Now I just would like to figure out if there are any delays with the shipment for week 41-42 and does it really take over a month to get it to Alberta Canada?
Yes, it should take about a month or so to get there. That is just a little more than it takes to get delivered to the Washington area.
      10-13-2023, 11:04 PM   #5
BMWDriverCA
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it should take about a month or so to get there. That is just a little more than it takes to get delivered to the Washington area.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 05:35 PM   #6
BMWDriverCA
Rep

Quote:
Now it is switched to "In Transit". I was wondering if there is a way to keep tracking of the shipment from Spartanburg US to a dealership in Canada. I tried this https://www.lhf.com/vehicle-tracking with order number and dealership's postal code, but nothing comes up. Just wondering if I should keep checking here or there is a different shipment tracking option?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2023, 05:46 PM   #7
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Now it is switched to "In Transit". I was wondering if there is a way to keep tracking of the shipment from Spartanburg US to a dealership in Canada. I tried this https://www.lhf.com/vehicle-tracking with order number and dealership's postal code, but nothing comes up. Just wondering if I should keep checking here or there is a different shipment tracking option?

Thank you!
In the US you can get the Bill of Lading number and you can track it through BNSF's site. Recently Genius also started giving tracking information for the train. Not sure if either of that is available in Canada. Last I saw it was not but hopefully some of your fellow countrymen can chime in.
      10-15-2023, 06:30 PM   #8
Rookie12
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive 50e

Quote:
Hello,

I ordered 2024 X5 hybrid from Spartanburg US and it was in production as promised by my dealership during Week 41/October 9. Now it is stuck for a week in FINAL ASSEMBLY. I called dealership and was told it is awaiting to be shipped. Then the question I asked myself, why the status doesn’t change to “Ready for Transport or Awaiting Shipment”?

I tried calling BMW phone number but they have absolutely no clue about Canadian orders (very strange).

I’m wondering, if anybody in the same situation, was my X5 really built or did they find issue during final assembly and can’t send it?

And I’m also wondering if anybody has any info, how long does it usually take to ship from Spartanburg to Alberta Canada?

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you!
Welcome to the forum. My build week was Week 38. Here is a recent timeline for my X5 50e, except mine was shipped to Toronto, ON. Which heading west will add more time, but at least this may give you some timeline info.

Ordered: August 17, 2023
Order Received: August 30, 2023
Production Begins: September 07, 2023
Entering Assembly: September 20, 2023
Final Assembly: September 21, 2023
In Transit: September 22, 2023 by train
Arrived at Concord Autoport: October 04, 2023
Delivery to Dealership: October 06, 2023 by transport
Pick up from Dealership: October 14, 2023

I was able to track everything while at BMW plant; however, once on the train, I couldn’t get any info. I used the transport tracking to see when it was going to be sent to the dealership. BMW Canada couldn’t give me any info on arrival by train and neither could BMW US since they can’t access any Canadian builds.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 11:28 PM   #9
BMWDriverCA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie12 View Post
Welcome to the forum. My build week was Week 38. Here is a recent timeline for my X5 50e, except mine was shipped to Toronto, ON. Which heading west will add more time, but at least this may give you some timeline info.

Ordered: August 17, 2023
Order Received: August 30, 2023
Production Begins: September 07, 2023
Entering Assembly: September 20, 2023
Final Assembly: September 21, 2023
In Transit: September 22, 2023 by train
Arrived at Concord Autoport: October 04, 2023
Delivery to Dealership: October 06, 2023 by transport
Pick up from Dealership: October 14, 2023

I was able to track everything while at BMW plant; however, once on the train, I couldn’t get any info. I used the transport tracking to see when it was going to be sent to the dealership. BMW Canada couldn’t give me any info on arrival by train and neither could BMW US since they can’t access any Canadian builds.

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply. In my case the dealership could only confirm that it is in transit but no other helpful information such as tracking number or shipping company from Spartanburg. Well, the only things I was told by mid of November (1 month in transit). Too bad there is no info they could provide or rather want to provide in regards to tracking. Would be nice to know where vehicle is at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 07:04 PM   #10
BMWDriverCA
Rep

Quote:
Just a quick update:

I was just told by sales person (two weeks after it switched to “In Transit”) that the vehicle is still in Spartanburg and is waiting for to be loaded onto train. He said it will be here in Alberta Mid of November as planned (which is literally two weeks from now). He also mentioned that once X5 is loaded it will take 2-3 only to get here by train. I find it suspiciously strange. Can this be true or should I expect at least another 2 weeks delay since it is not loaded yet? May it is loaded and the dealership is not aware of it yet. Don’t know what to believe.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 07:07 PM   #11
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Just a quick update:

I was just told by sales person (two weeks after it switched to “In Transit”) that the vehicle is still in Spartanburg and is waiting for to be loaded onto train. He said it will be here in Alberta Mid of November as planned (which is literally two weeks from now). He also mentioned that once X5 is loaded it will take 2-3 only to get here by train. I find it suspiciously strange. Can this be true or should I expect at least another 2 weeks delay since it is not loaded yet? May it is loaded and the dealership is not aware of it yet. Don’t know what to believe.
I would ignore everything he is saying. There is no way it has been sitting around at the factory for two weeks waiting for a train. It may take another 2 weeks which would be about the original timeline.
      11-01-2023, 08:31 PM   #12
BMWDriverCA
Rep

Quote:
I would ignore everything he is saying. There is no way it has been sitting around at the factory for two weeks waiting for a train. It may take another 2 weeks which would be about the original timeline.
Thank you for a quick reply. I appreciate it. It did put my mind at ease.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 11:53 PM   #13
BMWDriverCA
Rep

Quote:
Just a quick update: X5 has arrived as you predicted right on time. Took a week just to get from city storage facility to the dealership though.

Plus bumper was damaged and now it needs to go to bodyshop.

I'm wondering about two things:
1. Does the damage during shipment happen quite often or it is rather an odd case?
2. It will likely require just repaint, but I'm wondering if my vehicle will not be accident free (on record) anymore. Sales rep guaranties that it is not counted as it was in accident. Hopefully he is correct.

The whole situation was a disappointment, but well, will have to wait. Hopefully bodyshops put priority on dealer's (sold) vehicles.

On the other hand I will take delivery likely not any sooner than next month which may get different interest rates. It hasn't change for three months and hopefully it gets a bit lower for December. I wonder, does BMW reduce rates in December?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 06:42 AM   #14
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Just a quick update: X5 has arrived as you predicted right on time. Took a week just to get from city storage facility to the dealership though.

Plus bumper was damaged and now it needs to go to bodyshop.

I'm wondering about two things:
1. Does the damage during shipment happen quite often or it is rather an odd case?
2. It will likely require just repaint, but I'm wondering if my vehicle will not be accident free (on record) anymore. Sales rep guaranties that it is not counted as it was in accident. Hopefully he is correct.

The whole situation was a disappointment, but well, will have to wait. Hopefully bodyshops put priority on dealer's (sold) vehicles.

On the other hand I will take delivery likely not any sooner than next month which may get different interest rates. It hasn't change for three months and hopefully it gets a bit lower for December. I wonder, does BMW reduce rates in December?
Glad to hear it arrived but sorry it was damaged. It is not usual for damage to occur and it won't be shown on the vehicle's record.

Enjoy it once you get it!