11-22-2023, 05:26 PM   #23
BeEmVee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Why do you want to by an extended warranty now? You can purchase a BMW extended service contract at any time prior to the original new vehicle warranty expiring.

While I don't recommend buying an Extended Service contract I did contact dealers to get pricing, here were the three that offered the best pricing:

Daniel Kim at dkim@saffordauto.com, Jeff Steel at jeff.steel@passportauto.com and Christine from GOLFFRR 's place at cnewman@stevethomasbmw.com
TB, why would anyone buy an extended warranty when the car is new or still has time remaining within the 4yrs warranty? Does insurance pricing increase as the car gets closer to losing it’s mfr warranty? If you buy an 84mo contract when the car is new, are you basically losing 48mo of paid coverage you wouldn’t use? Or does the 84mo mean 84mo total so it would expire 84mo after the inservice date regardless? If people cancel and get pro-rated refund, wouldn’t it obviously be better to buy the insurance as late as possible while still within the mfr warranty? Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 06:06 PM   #24
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEmVee View Post
TB, why would anyone buy an extended warranty when the car is new or still has time remaining within the 4yrs warranty? Does insurance pricing increase as the car gets closer to losing it’s mfr warranty? If you buy an 84mo contract when the car is new, are you basically losing 48mo of paid coverage you wouldn’t use? Or does the 84mo mean 84mo total so it would expire 84mo after the inservice date regardless? If people cancel and get pro-rated refund, wouldn’t it obviously be better to buy the insurance as late as possible while still within the mfr warranty? Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
The length of contact is always from the in service date so an 84 month extended service contract gives you an extra three years of coverage.

20k miles is where the price increases however most will advise to wait until right before the new warranty expires to by the extended service contract.
      11-25-2023, 04:47 AM   #25
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafil View Post
Just purchased a Fidelity Platinum plan for my 2020 X5. Was able to get 72 month plan for less than cost of +3 years of BMW Platinum. Like you, I am low mileage driver so I care more about the time vs. mileage. Also Fidelity does prorated refunds if cancelled midterm.

Got really fair quotes on the BMW plan from Jeff and Christine but the cost on the BMW plan is just a lot higher than the Fidelity plan.

For the Fidelity plan there is a Volvo dealer in RI that does discount pricing on Fidelity plans and has online portal where you can look at pricing and term/deductible options and buy. Not sure if ok to post link here directly (don’t think he is sponsor here but is on other BMW & Porsche forums) but you can PM me if interested in info. Fidelity pricing heavily impacted by mileage, best pricing 0-10k, then 10-25k, and then I think 10k mile increments above that.
I just google searched this dealer (bold letters above) --easy to find. They have the ability to do on-line quotes in seconds. The exact same yr/mileage and deductible a local dealer quoted me, these folks had it for $2,200 cheaper. Exact same!!! So, I purchased it from them. Got my contract and all via email in seconds. Thank you for mentioning this in your post.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 07:37 PM   #26
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Why do you want to by an extended warranty now? You can purchase a BMW extended service contract at any time prior to the original new vehicle warranty expiring.

While I don't recommend buying an Extended Service contract I did contact dealers to get pricing, here were the three that offered the best pricing:

Christine from GOLFFRR 's place at cnewman@stevethomasbmw.com

anyone who sees this and is having issues getting a hold Christine,

just a reminder to everyone. We did change emails, her new email is christinen@bmwofcamarillo.com

also we are down to just her in finance at this time so she is getting a tad backed up, so please just PM me with your email address and when you sent it and I can follow up asap for you no problem

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0