12-15-2019, 08:52 PM   #1
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Music and USB Stick

First-world problem - I have a 256G USB plugged into the USB A port for my music, and it works great. It wants to start on a random album (the same one) every time I start the car though, no matter what album I was listening to last. Have tried the reindexing thing, switching to the HD then back, streaming then back, zip. Also deleted and re-added the files, still nothing. Everything works fine - search, album art, playback; still no change - it wants to start on the same track and album, regardless of what's been played. Easy to change to another album, but aggravating (probably more aggravating that I can't solve it). Any similar problems, solutions, suggestions welcome. The HD, incidentally, seems to work fine - the last album and track played shows up the next time I start the car.

*****Update***** Closing the loop here - 128Gb USB drive works normally, viewing, indexing and playing, and retains last-played memory. There is apparently a 128Gb limitation for normal operation of the drive, although the car will read and play the 256Gb drive as well - it just won't remember where it was on the drive when you restart the car.

Last edited by Paladin1; 12-22-2019 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0