BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-12-2022, 09:59 AM   #1
ENCBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i; X5 45e

First Timer Order 45e

Owned one BMW in the past an F10 550i, but this will be our first custom order, and our first X5 - also our first PHEV.

We placed our order on 12/28/21 with a NC dealer with allocation for January. As of today it is showing as scheduled for production. We are expecting a mid-February delivery at the factory in Spartanburg - easy trip for us.

Carbon Black Exterior
Coffee Marino Leather Interior
M Sport Package w/ Standard 20"
Brown Ash Grain Trim

Executive Package
Drivers Assist Package
Luxury Seating Package
Parking Assist Package
Added option of heated armrests

After we submitted our order, was given the option of adding the wireless charging which we declined. Initial build sheet shows no deletions (at least as of yet).

We were given a little over 1% off of the MSRP and also a $1,000 rebate from my wife's corporate partnership.

Overall, we're happy with the build and experience thus far. Looking forward to delivery at the factory. Monitoring for any potential deletions as well as praying we'll have the option to upgrade stereos prior to the build.
Appreciate 1
4ML INC65.50
      01-12-2022, 10:50 AM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Congratulations and hopefully the wait won't be too bad. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
      01-12-2022, 11:08 AM   #3
cchu327
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Congrats!!! WOW.... you're very lucky to be able to get discount and production soon. Good luck!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 01:52 PM   #4
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENCBimmer View Post
Owned one BMW in the past an F10 550i, but this will be our first custom order, and our first X5 - also our first PHEV.

We placed our order on 12/28/21 with a NC dealer with allocation for January. As of today it is showing as scheduled for production. We are expecting a mid-February delivery at the factory in Spartanburg - easy trip for us.

Carbon Black Exterior
Coffee Marino Leather Interior
M Sport Package w/ Standard 20"
Brown Ash Grain Trim

Executive Package
Drivers Assist Package
Luxury Seating Package
Parking Assist Package
Added option of heated armrests

After we submitted our order, was given the option of adding the wireless charging which we declined. Initial build sheet shows no deletions (at least as of yet).

We were given a little over 1% off of the MSRP and also a $1,000 rebate from my wife's corporate partnership.

Overall, we're happy with the build and experience thus far. Looking forward to delivery at the factory. Monitoring for any potential deletions as well as praying we'll have the option to upgrade stereos prior to the build.
Did you have to do anything special to get factory delivery? We asked our SA and were told that was not currently an option.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 02:20 PM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggie View Post
Did you have to do anything special to get factory delivery? We asked our SA and were told that was not currently an option.
They just didn't want to bother with it, it is available.
      01-13-2022, 07:37 AM   #6
ENCBimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
They didn't bring it up, but I asked about it. They basically just told me that they would send it over to them and they would contact me once they knew the dates a little more precisely. You can change it back to dealer delivery at any point.

Because we are trading, logistically it may be a little more trouble that in it is worth for us. We have to complete the paperwork/trade a "few days" before the delivery so that the factory has everything. That means not having our trade for those few days (plus the added complication of being 90 minutes from the dealer).

I'll try to keep the thread updated as to how the transaction is going and add details on the delivery.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 01:25 PM   #7
ramblingpolak
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 45e (PN allocated)

Garage List
2022 X5 45e  [0.00]
Dang nice!! Wish I could get wireless charging on my W3 build that I ordered in October….
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 01:54 PM   #8
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They didn't bring it up, but I asked about it. They basically just told me that they would send it over to them and they would contact me once they knew the dates a little more precisely. You can change it back to dealer delivery at any point.

Because we are trading, logistically it may be a little more trouble that in it is worth for us. We have to complete the paperwork/trade a "few days" before the delivery so that the factory has everything. That means not having our trade for those few days (plus the added complication of being 90 minutes from the dealer).

I'll try to keep the thread updated as to how the transaction is going and add details on the delivery.
Cool. I made the request again today, guess I'll see what comes back.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 01:55 PM   #9
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblingpolak View Post
Dang nice!! Wish I could get wireless charging on my W3 build that I ordered in October….
I had it added, but after reading a lot of the feedback on it here on the forums, I didn't feel it was worth the $500, so requested it to be removed.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 03:57 PM   #10
ENCBimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I had it added, but after reading a lot of the feedback on it here on the forums, I didn't feel it was worth the $500, so requested it to be removed.
That was kind of my feeling. Everyone is different. But I thought about it and we've had three cars that had it, and I have never used it. It seems like it is always in an inconvenient place, or the phone is too large. I had a Cadillac CTS that had it when it was a "wow" feature but it was only big enough for iphones and my samsung didn't fit. My wife's Lincoln Aviator (x5 replacing it) has it in the console, which is silly in my opinion. But everyone is different. If you actually use it and enjoy using it, it's probably worth 500.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 05:36 PM   #11
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That was kind of my feeling. Everyone is different. But I thought about it and we've had three cars that had it, and I have never used it. It seems like it is always in an inconvenient place, or the phone is too large. I had a Cadillac CTS that had it when it was a "wow" feature but it was only big enough for iphones and my samsung didn't fit. My wife's Lincoln Aviator (x5 replacing it) has it in the console, which is silly in my opinion. But everyone is different. If you actually use it and enjoy using it, it's probably worth 500.
Yea, the only SUV's I found to have it in an ideal spot is the XC90 and MDX.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 08:05 AM   #12
ENCBimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Update:

Received confirmation yesterday that the performance center has scheduled our delivery for 2/16. One minor inconvenience is having to drop our trade off on 2/14 and complete the transaction paperwork. For other's use/questions: The performance center would allow to change the date to any business day within a two week period after 2/16 (subject to availability). They indicated Friday is the most popular day. It can be cancelled and the vehicle routed to the dealer, but if it is a vehicle that is being shipped to the performance center, once it ships, it cannot be cancelled or you have to pay to ship it to the dealer.

Online tracker is still showing scheduled for production

No deletions as of yet, but will continue to monitor until it hits production.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:46 PM   #13
ENCBimmer
Private First Class
Rep

Online tracker is now showing 'production begins'
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 07:23 AM   #14
ENCBimmer
Private First Class
Rep

UPDATE:

Between 1/30 and today (2/1) they were busy. Went from production begins all the way to quality check. Still on target for performance center delivery in two weeks.

No deletions showing at this time.
Appreciate 0