BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-23-2022, 07:21 AM   #1
bimmer_fast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Day 1 X5 45e passenger mirror whistle noise over 50mile speed

I have got my new 45e delivery last week and there was passenger side mirror side whistle noise when I drove out I thought it was ok and then it happens daily over 50 miles per hour speed which is annoying. When I searched online only old cars having this issue from poor seal or something. Anyone having similar issue? What is the solution?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 07:30 AM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_fast View Post
I have got my new 45e delivery last week and there was passenger side mirror side whistle noise when I drove out I thought it was ok and then it happens daily over 50 miles per hour speed which is annoying. When I searched online only old cars having this issue from poor seal or something. Anyone having similar issue? What is the solution?
Try checking this
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 07:59 AM   #3
bimmer_fast
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Try checking this
Thanks for the information, I just crossed checked both side mirror, they are same and also very firm when I pushed. I will try to pinpoint it with some bumpers, I guess that will be a long lasting test process, several combinations each time…
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 08:55 AM   #4
bimmer_fast
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Try checking this
I did another test this morning, the noise seems not from the mirror, something between the roof and passenger window, when I open the passenger window slightly it appears their and it is gone while the window is fully opened
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 02:21 PM   #5
bimmer_fast
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Try checking this
I did another hour test on the passenger side seat, I am so sorry my previous description was totally wrong, the noise from the middle of the roof. Any suggestions? I will delete this thread and get a new one. I will eventually go to the dealer for service but not in short time. Still see if I can figure out myself
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 02:33 PM   #6
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Try checking this
I did another hour test on the passenger side seat, I am so sorry my previous description was totally wrong, the noise from the middle of the roof. Any suggestions? I will delete this thread and get a new one. I will eventually go to the dealer for service but not in short time. Still see if I can figure out myself
They can check the pano roof for seal shrinkage and leaks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
mcbmw8811.50
      01-23-2022, 03:57 PM   #7
bimmer_fast
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Try checking this
Another hour of test, my wife insist the whistle came from the A pillar passenger side. It is crazy it lasts forever high way driving us mad. This is my new car and I never had issues on my previous cars, can I have your last suggestion on G05 a pillar or maybe under the hood on passenger side thanks so much
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 04:04 PM   #8
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Try checking this
Another hour of test, my wife insist the whistle came from the A pillar passenger side. It is crazy it lasts forever high way driving us mad. This is my new car and I never had issues on my previous cars, can I have your last suggestion on G05 a pillar or maybe under the hood on passenger side thanks so much
You'd be surprised where the whistling is coming from. Another suggestion is the air intake that located on the firewall - positioned on the passenger side.

Otherwise I'll leave it your dealer to diagnose.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 04:09 PM   #9
bimmer_fast
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Try checking this
You'd be surprised where the whistling is coming from. Another suggestion is the air intake that located on the firewall - positioned on the passenger side.

awesome,I am more confident the problem is here as I compared both side this is the only different between two sides edge of the hood. Will let you know and thanks so much for a weekend support.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:05 AM   #10
bimmer_fast
Private First Class
Rep

Problem Resolved

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Try checking this

I took it to dealer and ride with a professional, he identify the problem in highway and just opened the window pushed this part and he told me never seen a new car with this problem. It is not fully pushed from factory and I can also ask to replace a new one for this part, he suggested I go with it until it came back and replace it. I agreed and just drive away and will be back for a new parts whenever it came back.

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Auricom4361.50
NCSpuds22.50