BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-08-2021, 08:15 AM   #1
bmaxplus
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Drive shaft issue.

Hello. Need advise. I got new X5 (south new jersey) few months ago. Vibration around 50/60 mph. Took it to dealer. They said possibly drive shift or axle, need a part to replace. I have a loaner for almost two weeks now, not sure what will be a time frame. Honestly, I don't want this car even if it would be repaired. What can I do? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:37 AM   #2
todd92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 ZHP, 19 X5 xDrive40i

Many parts are in short supply with unknown delivery times.

You are saying you don't want the car back even after it's fixed? Sell it or trade it.

If it takes too long to fix because of the part is unavailable, you can go the buyback/lemon route, each states law are different, read the law to see what thresholds need to be met.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 08:26 PM   #3
bmaxplus
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Got my car back in two weeks with replaced drive shaft. Still a steering wheel vibration at any speed now. Back to the dealer who sold and replaced a drive shaft; they said it is normal. Took it to other (bigger) dealership, they found the issue with tires, flat spots, but could not fix it since it is not the place I bought it from. Came back to my dealership with all the papers documentation, they said you car is fine and that dealership is mistaking and you are (me) too sensitive; service manger said not gonna do anything. Not sure what to do next. It is vibrating and for $70k should not be there.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 08:22 PM   #4
absolut257
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 x40i M Sport

If the issue is with tires, try reaching out to the tire manufacturer directly for a possible warranty claim. If you just bought the vehicle new from the dealer, then they are probably to blame since the vehicle must have sat parked for a long time for the semi permanent flat spots to develop but its unfortunate they are not willing to help you out in any way.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 10:08 PM   #5
srybicki
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 98 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaxplus View Post
Got my car back in two weeks with replaced drive shaft. Still a steering wheel vibration at any speed now. Back to the dealer who sold and replaced a drive shaft; they said it is normal. Took it to other (bigger) dealership, they found the issue with tires, flat spots, but could not fix it since it is not the place I bought it from. Came back to my dealership with all the papers documentation, they said you car is fine and that dealership is mistaking and you are (me) too sensitive; service manger said not gonna do anything. Not sure what to do next. It is vibrating and for $70k should not be there.
Which dealer?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 08:10 AM   #6
350ender
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Trembling steering wheel is never normal. Do you also have noises by 60m/ph?
BMW are always nervous at the front axle. Try to balance out the wheels exactly to zero gramm
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 12:40 AM   #7
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaxplus View Post
Go to a different dealer and don't use original dealer again
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 06:00 PM   #8
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Any authorized dealer can perform warranty work on any vehicle. Some things might fall into nice to have that a selling dealership might do, but another won't since they won't get paid for it by BMW.
Appreciate 0