BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-06-2022, 02:52 PM   #23
ColC
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

I emailed the dealer and aparently all X5s are stopped in Germany awaiting amps and or semiconductor parts being fitted. Its been delay after delay. Was meant to get it before new years and now its just taking the biscuit!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 03:46 PM   #24
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC View Post
I emailed the dealer and aparently all X5s are stopped in Germany awaiting amps and or semiconductor parts being fitted. Its been delay after delay. Was meant to get it before new years and now its just taking the biscuit!
I hear you! Extremely frustrating. I think mine will be early February. There are no ships scheduled from Bremerhaven to Southampton for at least 6 days, I can't see beyond that.

Tempted to say I'll pick it up Match 1st now so it's a 22 plate. Still WFH so it's more want it than desperately need it at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 04:38 PM   #25
Jonathanhh
Rep
Drives: '17 530d Touring, '21 X3 M40i

This is the first time in my life I've actually been able to afford to order a new factory car to my spec, and chose an X5. Probably picked the worst time ever to do it too!
The thing that makes it so frustrating is they wont be honest and up front about what the issues are. I'd have a lot more respect for BMW if they did. So frustrating not knowing.
Ordered my X5 in July and currently it looks like April/May delivery, thats 10 months!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 05:01 PM   #26
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, G05 40d

Also in the same boat and also my first time being able to order a brand new built to order vehicle and I have to say BMW have been nothing short of useless with communications. Not once since ordering in July have they been proactive with updates on the build/delays/shortage updates and how they affect me etc (by comparison my mother purchased a built to order Audi also in July and had at least monthly updates on how it was all going, what phase of build it was in, if there were any expected delays, she has received her car now also). It makes me wonder had I not been proactive in contacting bmw for updates, would I ever hear from them…

My latest update after sending emails and leaving voicemails and eventually getting a response is that they don't actually know where my car is as it still shows as due in their dealership week 52 of last year on their system… the SA is having to contact BMW logistics to find out what's happened so they have essentially lost my car at the moment! Bearing in mind the last time I spoke to my SA he informed me it would be ready for collection by Friday 7th Jan, for me to have had to go to so much effort just to get an update it's ridiculous, what if I had just taken his word for it and turned up to collect it…

Rant over!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 03:23 AM   #27
ColC
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

I put my VIN in https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html

And it came up with 2 technical enhancements.
0065480300, 0065600300

One is the RAM module, the amp. So the dealer was telling the truth. I was told id get it before the end of last year as BMW wanted everything cleared before the year was up. I have a mini on order as well, both cars seem to be trying their best not to get to me. Ive said if the cars come in Feb, then il ask the dealers to hold it to March 1st on the 22 reg.

Whats also annoying is, looking at the forums, people ordering in US are getting their cars in 5 weeks.

Guess it gives me more time to clear out the garage so i can detail the car when it arrives!
Appreciate 1
Tomo2817.00
      01-07-2022, 04:22 AM   #28
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShakes View Post
Also in the same boat and also my first time being able to order a brand new built to order vehicle and I have to say BMW have been nothing short of useless with communications. Not once since ordering in July have they been proactive with updates on the build/delays/shortage updates and how they affect me etc (by comparison my mother purchased a built to order Audi also in July and had at least monthly updates on how it was all going, what phase of build it was in, if there were any expected delays, she has received her car now also). It makes me wonder had I not been proactive in contacting bmw for updates, would I ever hear from them…

My latest update after sending emails and leaving voicemails and eventually getting a response is that they don't actually know where my car is as it still shows as due in their dealership week 52 of last year on their system… the SA is having to contact BMW logistics to find out what's happened so they have essentially lost my car at the moment! Bearing in mind the last time I spoke to my SA he informed me it would be ready for collection by Friday 7th Jan, for me to have had to go to so much effort just to get an update it's ridiculous, what if I had just taken his word for it and turned up to collect it…

Rant over!
Their system must be messed up as it still says mine is due at the dealership week 48, bit of a joke for such a large "premium" company.

I have been a customer at BMW for 14 years and prior to that the service has been excellent. This time around it has been shocking. It has been me chasing the updates. It takes numerous attempts to get hold of them aswell.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 04:28 AM   #29
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC View Post
I put my VIN in https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html

And it came up with 2 technical enhancements.
0065480300, 0065600300

One is the RAM module, the amp. So the dealer was telling the truth. I was told id get it before the end of last year as BMW wanted everything cleared before the year was up. I have a mini on order as well, both cars seem to be trying their best not to get to me. Ive said if the cars come in Feb, then il ask the dealers to hold it to March 1st on the 22 reg.

Whats also annoying is, looking at the forums, people ordering in US are getting their cars in 5 weeks.

Guess it gives me more time to clear out the garage so i can detail the car when it arrives!
Thanks for the link. Mine says no technical enchancements required, would of thought we weren't to far apart in build dates. I ordered on the 11th of June and it was built October 20th.

Yea it is crazy how quickly they can get their car. They do seem to be suffering more than us with the deleted options though. I have only lost wireless charging and HK sound system. The wireless charging only seemed to warm your phone up anyway so not fussed about that one. HK is a little annoying though but not something I was going to lose sleep over.

Last edited by Tomo28; 01-07-2022 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 08:57 AM   #30
Dave63
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Im keen to see if mine will have the air suspension.

UK order in May 2021, due Sep 1st. They told me in August they made a mistake at BMW and cancelled it so they ordered again in the last week of August 2021, due Nov 2021, then slipped to 'Mid Jan 2022'.

On the plus side, from Sep 2021 they gave me a fully free and insured 530E Hybrid in a high spec, so they can take as long as they want to deliver my X5, I've been saving a fortune.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 02:59 PM   #31
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
Im keen to see if mine will have the air suspension.

UK order in May 2021, due Sep 1st. They told me in August they made a mistake at BMW and cancelled it so they ordered again in the last week of August 2021, due Nov 2021, then slipped to 'Mid Jan 2022'.

On the plus side, from Sep 2021 they gave me a fully free and insured 530E Hybrid in a high spec, so they can take as long as they want to deliver my X5, I've been saving a fortune.
If you have your VIN number you can check if it has air suspension on this website.
http://www.mdecoder.com/
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2022, 05:32 PM   #32
Jonathanhh
Rep

Quote:

Rant over!
That sounds so familiar! I had a meltdown last Nov and really reamed the dealer out on their appalling lack of info, and as you say, if i hadnt chased I would have had zero info. I have now forced the dealer manager to email me a screenshot of the system every monday morning so I can see what's going on. Latest is showing the build in March and delivery 6 weeks later at the end of April. But then I emailed BMW cust service and they told me the car will be with me beginning of March - so goodness only knows WTF is going on.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 08:11 AM   #33
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Latest update from my SA is that I too am affected by this Amp issue. He said that my car is confirmed as being at the docks in Germany ready to be shipped, the campaign to fit a new amp will take place on all the affected X5's at the dock itself then they will be shipped to Southampton. Ship takes approx 36 hours to get here then 2-5 days for the transporters to pick up and deliver the cars. Hope this helps you guys with figuring out your personal time lines

The dealership I'm buying from is in Southampton so I'm hoping my X5 will be nearer the 2 day mark rather than the 5 day mark but who knows lol

He is estimating the 3rd - 4th week in Jan for collection
Appreciate 1
Tomo2817.00
      01-08-2022, 11:12 AM   #34
Jonathanhh
Rep

Well you're ahead of me - dont think mine has even been made yet in the USA. Ordered in July and just nothing..... Was supposed to have been manufactured in November.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 12:25 PM   #35
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanhh View Post
Well you're ahead of me - dont think mine has even been made yet in the USA. Ordered in July and just nothing..... Was supposed to have been manufactured in November.
Wow that is shocking! What is their excuse for that? I really don't get how a business the size and reputation of BMW can have such a poor production and communication process still. They can't possibly still use the COVID card as they have adapted what they offer us pretty damn quick.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 03:24 PM   #36
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Latest update from my SA is that I too am affected by this Amp issue. He said that my car is confirmed as being at the docks in Germany ready to be shipped, the campaign to fit a new amp will take place on all the affected X5's at the dock itself then they will be shipped to Southampton. Ship takes approx 36 hours to get here then 2-5 days for the transporters to pick up and deliver the cars. Hope this helps you guys with figuring out your personal time lines

The dealership I'm buying from is in Southampton so I'm hoping my X5 will be nearer the 2 day mark rather than the 5 day mark but who knows lol

He is estimating the 3rd - 4th week in Jan for collection
Thanks for the update. I imagine our cars could be on the same ship. None scheduled for at least 6 days though. It will be early February for me I imagine with no ships next week, transport and prep at the dealership. I think I will hang on until 1st of March for 22 plate if they will let me.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 05:07 PM   #37
Jonathanhh
Rep

Quote:
Wow that is shocking! What is their excuse for that? I really don't get how a business the size and reputation of BMW can have such a poor production and communication process still. They can't possibly still use the COVID card as they have adapted what they offer us pretty damn quick.
I agree its appalling. I waited five months Jul - Nov, and on the day production was scheduled it jumped to Jan then to March. The bit that gets me most is no one will say why. The dealer doesn't know. But in this age of a connected world it must be possible for someone somewhere to tell me why, that's the least they can do while I wait for an £80,000 car. We the buyers are the most important people, if we weren't buying cars they wouldn't have jobs, and they treat us like we have no right to know what's going on. Disgusting. Rant rant ...

The only thing the dealer will say is I must have ordered an option for which they dont have parts - well thats just great. Perhaps if they told me which item it was i might choose to leave it out so i can have my car but no, they just leave us in the dark. Grrrr
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 07:04 PM   #38
Drmsa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e MSport

Quote:
Quote:
I agree its appalling. I waited five months Jul - Nov, and on the day production was scheduled it jumped to Jan then to March. The bit that gets me most is no one will say why. The dealer doesn't know. But in this age of a connected world it must be possible for someone somewhere to tell me why, that's the least they can do while I wait for an £80,000 car. We the buyers are the most important people, if we weren't buying cars they wouldn't have jobs, and they treat us like we have no right to know what's going on. Disgusting. Rant rant ...

The only thing the dealer will say is I must have ordered an option for which they dont have parts - well thats just great. Perhaps if they told me which item it was i might choose to leave it out so i can have my car but no, they just leave us in the dark. Grrrr
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry to hear about your experience so far. I wanted to check with you which dealership have you ordered through.
Wondering if I may be in a similar situation come March/April. I have ordered through Park Lane. Scheduled for production Week 7 (end Feb) 🤞
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 04:27 PM   #39
Jonathanhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmsa View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience so far. I wanted to check with you which dealership have you ordered through.
Wondering if I may be in a similar situation come March/April. I have ordered through Park Lane. Scheduled for production Week 7 (end Feb) 🤞
Ordered through Marshalls in Salisbury - never again... Should have gone to Dick Lovett in Swindon, as they have much better service and better sales people.
Appreciate 1
Drmsa43.00
      01-09-2022, 05:25 PM   #40
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

I've been reading all your posts with interest, compared to my own they are not too disimilar but can't really fault the dealer experience.

I ordered an X5 45e in October but was told back then that it would be unlikely I'd see it until April/May but latest news is that it has been built and on is on its way to Germany for the infotainment screen install (I understand that all UK/Europe X vehicles are missing this when they leave the US). I'm now being told to expect delivery end of February begining of March.

The dealer has always been upfront with me and do their best to keep me informed but they get frustrated at the lack of information coming out of the manufacturing plants, they told me they have well over 100 vehicles that were meant to have been delivered before Christmas which are still in various stages of production.

I sympathise with all of you, especially if this is your first experience of ordering a new vehicle, but what we will get (eventually) is one of the finest luxury SUV's money can buy so I'm confident it'll be worth the wait
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 02:24 AM   #41
Jonathanhh
Rep

It really is the communication that is making this such a difficult experience as you say. Unfortunately for most of us, the dealer is our only point of contact and information, and when the car is delayed and they can only say 'we dont know why' it really does give a poor impression of BMW as a whole. The dealer and BMW should be much more joined up, there's no excuse for keeping us, the customer, in the dark. Its our money and we deserve to know what's happening.

You're right we will all have fantastic cars when we get them. I just hope I'm as excited when it arrives as I was when i ordered it.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 08:45 AM   #42
55JWB
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

I ordered a 45e in July 2021 just wen with the MSport Pro option so as not to hold up delivery too much. Was told to expect "Early December", that slipped to week 50 and then week 52. Had the call from the dealer just before Christmas to say car went from US direct to Bremerhaven for the "campaign work". As mentioned above I think it was the amp and something to do with the display?

Now cannot get any update from the dealer, they keep telling me "nothing has changed" I keep asking "nothing changed from WHAT"? as currently have no ETA. We are trading our X1 Phev against this and keep asking if our agreed price will be honored, they are saying yes at the moment.

From the comments in this thread I can see this slipping to late Feb at this rate. I am away for the last 10 days of February so may as well wait for a 22 plate!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 10:11 AM   #43
55JWB
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo28 View Post
If you have your VIN number you can check if it has air suspension on this website.
http://www.mdecoder.com/
I tried to use this, however it wouldnt click past the "I am not a robot"
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 03:54 PM   #44
Jonathanhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55JWB View Post
I tried to use this, however it wouldnt click past the "I am not a robot"
Yeah that never worked for me either, even on a car i already own. I dont have a VIN for the new one yet as it hasnt been made to my knowledge
Appreciate 0