12-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #1
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530e

2022 - G05 - X5 45e M-sport full option

Greetings from Belgium!

First post here after reading hundreds of threads...

Third BMW coming up! After a F11 (518d) and a G30 (530e), I upgraded my daily ride to a virtually fully loaded G05 45e!

Exterior: Manhattan Green
Interior: Individual Extended Merino Tartufo/Black leather
Trim: Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte finish
Summer mode: 22" Individual 746 I
Winter mode: 21" GMP Sparta gloss black

Options:
M sport package with red calipers
First class package, meaning most important options are:
comfort access
soft close
display key
panoramic roof with sky lounge
cooled and heated cupholders
active seat ventilation
comfort seats
crafted clarity
heated seats front and back
heat comfort package
4 zone airconditioning airco
massage seats
high beam assist
driving assistant pack professional
BMW laserlight
parking assistant pack plus
head-up display
BMW gesture control
Hifi audio system
Full elements M shadow line

Ordered 15th October `21, delivery end of February `22.

I keep you guys updated with some nice detail pics of this amazing car. Counting down the days...
Appreciate 3
nZtiZia4591.00
4ML INC65.50
91Eunos99.00
      12-27-2021, 08:09 AM   #2
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
congrats on your order! the 45e is my first bimmer and I'm loving it! I would've chosen that color but it wasn't available last year when I ordered. we hope the 545e makes its way to the U.S. in 2023 for my wife.

not certain if you're interested, but aren't you able to option the B&W audio system there? i don't think it's possible through the configurator but through your dealer to put it in manually. a guy in France just received his 45e with B&W (was able to negotiate a discount since HK isn't available).
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 10:06 AM   #3
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
congrats on your order! the 45e is my first bimmer and I'm loving it! I would've chosen that color but it wasn't available last year when I ordered. we hope the 545e makes its way to the U.S. in 2023 for my wife.

not certain if you're interested, but aren't you able to option the B&W audio system there? i don't think it's possible through the configurator but through your dealer to put it in manually. a guy in France just received his 45e with B&W (was able to negotiate a discount since HK isn't available).
On my dealer's advice, I did not take HK or B&W to avoid a long lead time. I have the Hifi system as well in my current 530e and I have no issues with it.
Maybe if you compare one next to the other, it might turn out a big difference. The trick is not to do that 😉.
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4591.00
      12-27-2021, 10:45 AM   #4
Jpflo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5, 2019 540i, 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggie80 View Post
Greetings from Belgium!

First post here after reading hundreds of threads...

Third BMW coming up! After a F11 (518d) and a G30 (530e), I upgraded my daily ride to a virtually fully loaded G05 45e!

Exterior: Manhattan Green
Interior: Individual Extended Merino Tartufo/Black leather
Trim: Anthracite-Brown Poplar Matte finish
Summer mode: 22" Individual 746 I
Winter mode: 21" GMP Sparta gloss black

Options:
M sport package with red calipers
First class package, meaning most important options are:
comfort access
soft close
display key
panoramic roof with sky lounge
cooled and heated cupholders
active seat ventilation
comfort seats
crafted clarity
heated seats front and back
heat comfort package
4 zone airconditioning airco
massage seats
high beam assist
driving assistant pack professional
BMW laserlight
parking assistant pack plus
head-up display
BMW gesture control
Hifi audio system
Full elements M shadow line

Ordered 15th October `21, delivery end of February `22.

I keep you guys updated with some nice detail pics of this amazing car. Counting down the days...
Amazing build, going to be a beauty!

Share pics when you get it!!
      12-27-2021, 01:50 PM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations and hopefully the wait won't be too bad. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
      12-28-2021, 11:38 AM   #6
Cheche
Rep
Drives: Ats-v

Hi, congrats. My 45e is being built January 8th. With all these supply issues we lost the hitch, which I really wanted, no upgrades stereo, no leather dash, soft close doors, etc.I have not Been able to confirm if the 45’s are still getting air suspension. Has Anyone taken delivery of one lately and is still with air suspension?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 11:42 AM   #7
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheche View Post
Hi, congrats. My 45e is being built January 8th. With all these supply issues we lost the hitch, which I really wanted, no upgrades stereo, no leather dash, soft close doors, etc.I have not Been able to confirm if the 45’s are still getting air suspension. Has Anyone taken delivery of one lately and is still with air suspension?
The 45e can only be built with Air Suspension so it will definitely have it.
      12-29-2021, 01:25 AM   #8
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheche View Post
The 45e can only be built with Air Suspension so it will definitely have it.
While waiting for the car, I have bought some extra's for the car:

- High gloss black X5 emblem
- Front splitter, side skirts and diffuser, all from Maxton.
- Winter set 21" from GMP with Hankook tires.

The wait is turning out to be expensive...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 06:51 AM   #9
Doxie
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F10, BMW4 Coupe, BMW X3

Quote:
While waiting for the car, I have bought some extra's for the car:

- High gloss black X5 emblem

The wait is turning out to be expensive...
Hey Hugggie, I am also expecting my e45 end of February beginning of march in Belgium. I also was looking to remove the badges or have them de-chromed / blacked. As it will be the only chrome parts left on the car. May i asked where you both the black X5 emblem(s)?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 09:18 AM   #10
amc42
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e, Z4 (E85)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxie View Post
I also was looking to remove the badges or have them de-chromed / blacked. As it will be the only chrome parts left on the car. May i asked where you both the black X5 emblem(s)?
Since everything else on my car will also be shadowlined I would ideally remove the badges altogether. To my surprise, this wasn't possible when ordering since apparently there's an rule to not allow debadging for cars with traction batteries in Germany (if this is an EU thing, it might apply to Belgium as well). The rationale is in case of a fire the car should be immediately identifiable as an EV.

Not sure if that is actually a legal rule or just some kind of gentleman's agreement between government and car manufacturers. So you can debadge an X5 4.0i, but not an X5 45e.

So I might be interested in a source for glossy black emblems as well, though not sure yet if that looks really better on green than the Chrome ones.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 10:37 AM   #11
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Hey Hugggie, I am also expecting my e45 end of February beginning of march in Belgium. I also was looking to remove the badges or have them de-chromed / blacked. As it will be the only chrome parts left on the car. May i asked where you both the black X5 emblem(s)?
The reason for debadging is indeed to have all chrome gone from the car. You can buy the official high gloss one through e.g. Bimmerproducts.nl for 50 EUR (outrageous price) or you can buy one through Aliexpress for 8 euro including shipping. I will have the Chinese replica in a week's time, will let you know how it looks.

There is no regulation about debadging a hybrid or an electrical car, BMW is indeed not offering it at configuring stage but my dealer will remove it without any problem afterwards (upon delivery), and many other brands do have the debadging option available in their car configurator, also for cars with a battery.

I believe the combination of Manhattan green with multiple high gloss parts, such as the splitters, the kidneys, the side skirts, the emblem, the rims, etc will look very nice!
Appreciate 1
Drmsa43.00
      12-29-2021, 12:27 PM   #12
amc42
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I believe the combination of Manhattan green with multiple high gloss parts, such as the splitters, the kidneys, the side skirts, the emblem, the rims, etc will look very nice!
What I have seen so far only the X5 emblem is available, not the rest.

I will probably just wait how the car looks and decide - maybe total debadge is better for me. I think your combination will look great. My green will be quite different (BRG), and I won't totally black the wheels out.

Seems like I will be a bit earlier with the pics (end of January expected).
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 01:08 PM   #13
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc42 View Post
Quote:
What I have seen so far only the X5 emblem is available, not the rest.

I will probably just wait how the car looks and decide - maybe total debadge is better for me. I think your combination will look great. My green will be quite different (BRG), and I won't totally black the wheels out.

Seems like I will be a bit earlier with the pics (end of January expected).
Wow, BRG is a stunning color but very outspoken. I already had to convince the true boss [IMG][/IMG]at home for MGM since she wanted a BSM or CB... I luckily got to testdrive one in the same color combo for an entire weekend to make the convincing process a success... (see pics) 😊

Looking forward to your pics!! So jealous of you, only one month of waiting left for you. My two months feel like an eternity
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 01:25 PM   #14
amc42
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Wow, BRG is a stunning color but very outspoken
It is, but maybe not as much as one might think. We had the opportunity to see a BRG M5 next to an X5, and I think it will work as we intended - it helps that it's not a metallic color. After 25+ years of BMWs in "slightly colored versions of the light gray-black scale", we wanted a real color, but one that's not too attention grabbing - and a slightly dirty BRG will do that. Not for BMW nerds, who might flock around a BRG car (I certainly would), but for the average person on the street.

BTW: Manhattan was on our list as well, it's gorgeous (and will probably look cleaner most of the time).

Last edited by amc42; 12-29-2021 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2022, 01:37 PM   #15
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep

Dealer informed me that my car has been loaded on the boat! Another month or so before it reaches me... tik tak tik tak 🤯🙏🏼
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4591.00
      01-15-2022, 07:23 AM   #16
foxG21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 all-black

Congratz huggie80 the painfull waiting is allmost over! something to look out for!
I have another 5 months of nagging to the dealer for updates.. :/
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 10:08 AM   #17
Doxie
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F10, BMW4 Coupe, BMW X3

Quote:
Dealer informed me that my car has been loaded on the boat! Another month or so before it reaches me... tik tak tik tak ������
Last boat that left (09 january) with destination Zee-Brugge is the ARC Integrity..

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9332949

It does not make the wait shorter, but you at least see something moving. Once the boat reaches the coast of Spain it will update it's position again. If I remember, it will go to Bremmers Haven first.

I am expecting my car to be on this boat too, so that is why I am tracking... ;-)

Did you get the VIN from the dealer? When I ask they remain vague and never end up sending it to me...

Last edited by Doxie; 01-15-2022 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 12:44 PM   #18
foxG21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 all-black

What worked for me is asking for a screenshot of your order.. there you see the estimated/confirmed production week and expected delivery week, also your VIN and status code
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 03:05 PM   #19
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Dealer informed me that my car has been loaded on the boat! Another month or so before it reaches me... tik tak tik tak ������
Last boat that left (09 january) with destination Zee-Brugge is the ARC Integrity..

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9332949

It does not make the wait shorter, but you at least see something moving. Once the boat reaches the coast of Spain it will update it's position again. If I remember, it will go to Bremmers Haven first.

I am expecting my car to be on this boat too, so that is why I am tracking... ;-)

Did you get the VIN from the dealer? When I ask they remain vague and never end up sending it to me...
Yes I got my VIN but for now what can you do with it? Can anyone track or check something with my VIN: "WBATA61090 9L03122" ?

I believe that the cars are shipped to Bremerhaven as final EU destination, them they are unloaded and dispatched by truck to the different dealers. I don't think they are transshipped to Zeebrugge, unless someone can tell me differently?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 03:07 PM   #20
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxG21 View Post
What worked for me is asking for a screenshot of your order.. there you see the estimated/confirmed production week and expected delivery week, also your VIN and status code
My dealer is informing of each change in the long cycle of delivery. He knows I am a freak. :-D
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 03:14 PM   #21
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxG21 View Post
Congratz huggie80 the painfull waiting is allmost over! something to look out for!
I have another 5 months of nagging to the dealer for updates.. :/
I feel your pain, man! The wait is just horrible. I survived the wait for all my previous bimmer cars but this is really my hottest ride ever, a true dream car, that is making it extra hard. Counting down the days, watching every Youtube video review, scanning car magazines looking for rival comparisons, dropping by at the dealer just to check out a showroom model, ...

I will upload many pics as I know they are some kind of support for all those people waiting for their ride to arrive.

Stay strong!! 😜😎
Appreciate 1
seoul32.00
      01-27-2022, 06:44 AM   #22
huggie80
Private
Belgium
Rep

My order seems delayed to mid March. (one month)
The waiting was already killing me. It seems a lot of cars are being held in Bremerhaven for screen updates.
Appreciate 0