BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-05-2022, 01:24 AM   #1
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cool cars

Manhattan Green 45e … Finally home!

The travails of our order and delivery are chronicled in a couple threads in the ordering sub-forum, etc. Like many, we went through the angst of the potential loss of a touch screen, etc. And still lost the trailer hitch, but man what a beaut!

Only a couple crappy pics because we weren’t taking many, and all the best ones have our faces in them…so yeah, no sharing.

Regardless, got this pic from our CA earlier this afternoon:

So as soon as we could clear out the last of the contractors at our place, we headed into town! Will post better pics in natural light mańana but here’s a couple teasers:

My wife getting the run down on all the bells and whistles from the local BMW Genius rep...and there are a lot of bells and whistles!

I have to state again, this color just doesn’t photograph well at all, it’s stunning in person…here’s a couple from different angles to try to capture the effect, but under indoor lights it just doesn’t look the same, and the cell phone pics skew the perspective even more:

And one quick one of the interior after we got her home:

Drove the last dozen or so miles home purely on electrical to see how it drove…and to run the battery down a bit to see how long it would tale with the level 2 charger. We were down to 4 miles remaining when I plugged it in about 3.5 hours ago, and it’s now reading 26 miles range with about 30 minutes remaining to full charge.

Will see where it is in the morning when I head out to get the cable reel to finish the charger installation. In the meantime, Bonnie the Border Collie says “two paws up” … and one ear forward, LOL

Appreciate 8
Flying Ace4982.50
parkstr8562.00
boneca1989.00
Jpflo140.00
seoul32.00
      01-05-2022, 01:42 AM   #2
amc42
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e, Z4 (E85)

Congrats to a really nice car with a rare color - I like it a lot, especially in daylight when more of the greenish tone comes through.
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      01-05-2022, 02:17 AM   #3
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Congrats. So touchscreen?
      01-05-2022, 08:23 AM   #4
GS2019
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Congrats! Love the color. I think you are right, it doesn't show the true (beautiful color) on photos. Someone else posted this in less light and it was dull per the photographer. Great when outside with a lot of sun. agree?
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      01-05-2022, 09:30 AM   #5
2dangerous
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6 40i

Congratulation, it looks beautiful.
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      01-05-2022, 10:13 AM   #6
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Congratulations, beautiful!
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      01-05-2022, 01:34 PM   #7
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Congrats. So touchscreen?
Yes! And we used it a lot last night. I can see how the loss could be mitigated with the gesture control and the MMI, but we’re creatures of habit, and really like our touch screen!

Thought they put the wireless charging back in too, but it was only the receiver interface for the digital key (on your phone) and the card key down in the cubby.

Only thing we lost that we really wanted was the trailer hitch. Considering a stealth hitch, but not in a rush.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 01:50 PM   #8
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

A couple folks have asked, so here’s the at home charger we went with: Lectron 40 Amp Level-2, along with a tesla to J1772 adapter ‘bundle’ package. I know the car maxes out at 16 amps, but wanted some overhead capacity (future proofing) in my system.

Had our electrician run 8-gauge wire on a separate 50 amp breaker…and wound up using the plug instead of direct wiring the charger, to allow a second form of disconnect since we didn’t want to put in another switch.

It was cheaper to purchase direct from Lectron vs. on Amazon. Ironically, it shipped from an Amazon FC anyway, LOL. Guess Lectron uses Amazon for warehousing and shipping.

https://ev-lectron.com/products/j177...ource=omnisend
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 08:17 PM   #9
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

Congrats! Looks great! I would have considered Tartufo in Extended Merino, but it wasn't yet available for my 2020 X6 M50i. (It didn't become available until April, 2021 production and beyond in the X6...)

So, I've got MG paired with Coffee...
      01-05-2022, 08:40 PM   #10
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkratochvil View Post
Congrats! Looks great! I would have considered Tartufo in Extended Merino, but it wasn't yet available for my 2020 X6 M50i. (It didn't become available until April, 2021 production and beyond in the X6...)

So, I've got MG paired with Coffee...
Congrats!

Ours is coffee as well…. Another color that doesn’t photograph well, especially with a cell phone, LoL. And that one pic is in the garage at night, so not great lighting to begin with.

I do wish it was more like the old Porsche ‘Cocoa’ color though.

And that we could have gotten the extended leather…and fine line wood trim. #1stworldproblems!

Will get better interior pics mańana…today just got away from us.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 08:56 PM   #11
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

As mentioned above, today just got away from us…online meetings, calls, etc. I did manage to snap a couple quick pics as I was heading out to run some errands.

Lowered to the ‘load’ setting here…very likely going to grab some lowering links when I get the summer wheels/tires too:

And a couple in direct sunlight; again, photos can’t do this color justice…

And one in the shade at one of the stops this afternoon:

Should be able to get some good ones mańana…but then again, that’s what I thought about today too!
Appreciate 1
Surgx572.50
      01-05-2022, 09:11 PM   #12
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Oh yeah, ordered some MG painted reflectors to get rid of those hideous orange things…as well as some blacked-out badging. I’d prefer no badging at all except for the roundel(s), but my wife likes the stock look…blacked-out badges were a compromise.

Also found a home for some supplies. Original German-sourced 1st aid kit bought when we lived over there a few years ago; it may be the one that came in her Audi now that I’m thinking about it.

Regardless, nice deep cubby with plenty of room for a tow strap, some gloves, and some reflectors as well:

Will probably put a couple reflective vests in there too.

No room for a spare tire of course, but that tesla-to-J1772 adapter fits nicely in this little pocket that looks like it was made for one of those collapsible safety triangles that come with every car bought in Germany:

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 09:49 PM   #13
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Oh yeah, our mileage in electric-only mode popped up to 32 after running errands. Drove around in ‘sport’ mode to start the ICE break in, and was surprised to see that increase as I drove around.

Yes, the plastic protectors are still on everything…LOL.

Figure my wife will be driving almost exclusively in electric mode, so I’ll do all mine with the gas motor when I’m in her car!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 10:01 PM   #14
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Eunos View Post
Congrats!

Ours is coffee as well…. Another color that doesn’t photograph well, especially with a cell phone, LoL. And that one pic is in the garage at night, so not great lighting to begin with.

I do wish it was more like the old Porsche ‘Cocoa’ color though.

And that we could have gotten the extended leather…and fine line wood trim. #1stworldproblems!

Will get better interior pics mańana…today just got away from us.
Ha! Well, it's been a long day. I actually was going to comment on your thread and 2dangerous thread on his/her new G06 to congratulate them (that one is Tartufo) and got my threads/wires crossed! (G06 is finally here)

Bummer you couldn't get the Extended leather or the fine line wood trim. I do have both in my '20 G06 (I took delivery in March, 2020 and I think mine rolled out of SC either 2 days or a day before the plant shutdown for COVID...) Here's a link to some pics from back then: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1674941&page=9. And some more recent ones to illustrate what you were pointing out in that there's a wide range of how MG looks, depending on lighting, camera, etc.: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=29.

But again, congrats to you and your wife!!
      01-05-2022, 11:02 PM   #15
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ha! Well, it's been a long day. I actually was going to comment on your thread and 2dangerous thread on his/her new G06 to congratulate them (that one is Tartufo) and got my threads/wires crossed! (G06 is finally here)

Bummer you couldn't get the Extended leather or the fine line wood trim. I do have both in my '20 G06 (I took delivery in March, 2020 and I think mine rolled out of SC either 2 days or a day before the plant shutdown for COVID...) Here's a link to some pics from back then: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1674941&page=9. And some more recent ones to illustrate what you were pointing out in that there's a wide range of how MG looks, depending on lighting, camera, etc.: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=29.

But again, congrats to you and your wife!!
Nice! Great combo if I do say so myself…LOL

And we do have the extended leather…I was thinking of the ‘full’ leather that wasn’t available when we ordered (and likely still not available). Like yours that has the leather lower part of the center console, as well as the lower part of the dash…like here:

I like the way yours is two-tone black and coffee…and think that’s how we’d have ordered it too if it was available. And while we really like the understated clean lines of the metallic brown trim, absolutely LOVE the way that fine line trim looks with that interior combination on your car.

Nicely done.
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2022, 11:20 PM   #16
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

And we do have the extended leather…I was thinking of the ‘full’ leather that wasn’t available when we ordered (and likely still not available). Like yours that has the leather lower part of the center console, as well as the lower part of the dash…like here:

I like the way yours is two-tone black and coffee…and think that’s how we’d have ordered it too if it was available. And while we really like the understated clean lines of the metallic brown trim, absolutely LOVE the way that fine line trim looks with that interior combination on your car.

Nicely done.
Gotcha on the Extended leather. So, I believe the two-toned look that you see on the center console tunnel of mine was the result of also ordering the Leather Dash (Option 4M5), which I don't even know if they're optioning right now...I was actually expecting the leather dash to be in coffee as well, but it was actually done in black, then they carried some of the black down to the console tunnel. (We also have a 2015 F15 that I'd ordered back then and did Mocha Napa at the time and it had the dash done in the same color as the seats.)

So, I was actually surprised when I got it that the dash was done in a different color of leather. At first, I was unsure about it. In the end, pretty happy with it.

And yes, I would have done Full Merino in Coffee if that would have been an option. (They seem to only do that now with Black interiors and maybe a White one? (I haven't looked at a 2022 Order Guide...)) With Extended and a leather dash, it gets close to being what you get with Full Leather, but not quite. (For instance, the lower part of my dash is not leather...and some of the doors. It would be if it was Full Leather.) If I wasn't so tired, I'd try to find the write-up that either TurtleBoy did or Auricom did awhile back that did a really nice job outlining the surfaces and what you got with Merino, Extended Merino and Full Merino, as well as what you got with Extended and Leather Dash...

All interesting stuff to dissect, but there's been a lot of dynamics the past couple of years with all of the optioning and the supply-chain issues.

Now, the fun stuff...put some miles on that 45e and enjoy!
      01-05-2022, 11:55 PM   #17
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:

And we do have the extended leather…I was thinking of the 'full' leather that wasn't available when we ordered (and likely still not available). Like yours that has the leather lower part of the center console, as well as the lower part of the dash…like here:

[IMG]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-.../i-7Z7XhPd.jpg[/IMG]

I like the way yours is two-tone black and coffee…and think that's how we'd have ordered it too if it was available. And while we really like the understated clean lines of the metallic brown trim, absolutely LOVE the way that fine line trim looks with that interior combination on your car.

Nicely done.
Gotcha on the Extended leather. So, I believe the two-toned look that you see on the center console tunnel of mine was the result of also ordering the Leather Dash (Option 4M5), which I don't even know if they're optioning right now...I was actually expecting the leather dash to be in coffee as well, but it was actually done in black, then they carried some of the black down to the console tunnel. (We also have a 2015 F15 that I'd ordered back then and did Mocha Napa at the time and it had the dash done in the same color as the seats.)

So, I was actually surprised when I got it that the dash was done in a different color of leather. At first, I was unsure about it. In the end, pretty happy with it.

And yes, I would have done Full Merino in Coffee if that would have been an option. (They seem to only do that now with Black interiors and maybe a White one? (I haven't looked at a 2022 Order Guide...)) With Extended and a leather dash, it gets close to being what you get with Full Leather, but not quite. (For instance, the lower part of my dash is not leather...and some of the doors. It would be if it was Full Leather.) If I wasn't so tired, I'd try to find the write-up that either TurtleBoy did or Auricom did awhile back that did a really nice job outlining the surfaces and what you got with Merino, Extended Merino and Full Merino, as well as what you got with Extended and Leather Dash...

All interesting stuff to dissect, but there's been a lot of dynamics the past couple of years with all of the optioning and the supply-chain issues.

Now, the fun stuff...put some miles on that 45e and enjoy!
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=70

For MY21+, 4M5 Leather dash option was removed for xDrive40i models and only available on M50i.

For MY21+, Full Merino Leather option for all X5 models was removed. Difference from Extended Merino is Full Merino leather includes 4M5 Leather dash option and added leather lower dash. See my attached photo of a MY20 full Merino ZBEI (Ind) Ivory White /Night Blue Full Merino Leather - I've color coded the leather options:

Yellow dots: Extended Merino leather option (for MY21+ the yellow dot on the center tunnel below armrest is no longer covered in leather)

Green dots (for MY21 available on M50i only): 4M5 Leather dashboard option consists of upper dashboard and front & rear door window sills

Full Merino leather option which includes full alcanatara headliner (for MY21 not available) = yellow + green + orange (lower leather dashboard); 40i - $4800 / $3350 in combo with ZMP; 50i / M50i - $3350
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-06-2022, 03:25 AM   #18
Phil Devtec
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 40i

That Manhattan Green is so stunning! Congrats!
      01-06-2022, 03:32 AM   #19
amc42
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e, Z4 (E85)

It's annoying when supply chain issues limit what you can order - but that said it's still a fantasic interior (for people that are material sensitive at all).

On the merino leather:

The merino leather availability has been limited time and again since it was introduced and probably has little to do with other current supply chain issues. "Merino" with its much more natural surface needs cow hide more or less free from insect stings - because with less surface treatment less damages can be masked by embossing and coating. When the current M5 was introduced, for example, at least in Europe Merino was stripped from all 5 series cars except the M5. Even the 550i. Temporarily of course, but still. It's a rare natural resource...
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      01-06-2022, 05:05 PM   #20
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Will try to get some interior shots in a bit, but here’s a couple from driving up to our property earlier today:

…she needs a bath now for sure! That coleechee dust just sticks to everything!

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 05:34 PM   #21
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Will try to get some interior shots in a bit, but here’s a couple from driving up to our property earlier today:

…she needs a bath now for sure! That coleechee dust just sticks to everything!

nicely done, congrats 3rd time
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      01-06-2022, 06:57 PM   #22
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

And re: the interior color also not photographing well, here’s a couple…. Looks almost terra-cotta colored in a couple of these pics, but the Coffee Merino leather is definitely a much warmer brown in person:

And a couple more pics to try to capture the subtleties of this hue:

Appreciate 2
Auricom4349.50