nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Eunos View Post
And re: the interior color also not photographing well, here's a couple…. Looks almost terra-cotta colored in a couple of these pics, but the Coffee Merino leather is definitely a much warmer brown in person
i also have the Coffee interior and surely would've chosen MGM if it had been a standard paint option back in Nov 2020.

she's a beauty, bruh 😎 i LOVE this color combo!
Appreciate 2
      01-06-2022, 08:31 PM   #24
Jpflo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5, 2019 540i, 2009 328i

Quote:
And re: the interior color also not photographing well, here’s a couple…. Looks almost terra-cotta colored in a couple of these pics, but the Coffee Merino leather is definitely a much warmer brown in person:

And a couple more pics to try to capture the subtleties of this hue:

Stunning color!
      01-09-2022, 12:13 AM   #25
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Cool cars

Shout out to IND! I ordered some painted front reflectors earlier this week and they’re already here!

Very well packaged too:

and with the tape removed from the little tabs to remove the covering from the 3M adhesive…well thought out by IND or whoever they use to paint them:

Car’s filthy from driving in the rain today, but the color match is spot-on; can’t wait to get these on mañana!

Appreciate 2
amc4268.00
nZtiZia4591.00
      01-09-2022, 08:03 AM   #26
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Shout out to IND! I ordered some painted front reflectors earlier this week and they’re already here!

Very well packaged too:

and with the tape removed from the little tabs to remove the covering from the 3M adhesive…well thought out by IND or whoever they use to paint them:

Car’s filthy from driving in the rain today, but the color match is spot-on; can’t wait to get these on mañana!

Looks great!

I spoke to Ryan @ IND last week, they usually keep side markers pre painted in stock, that's why they ship them almost immediately!

Little different story for roundels and emblems but still great as always!

I've been IND customer for last 5 years and they always deliver!
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      01-09-2022, 07:01 PM   #27
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Got off to a much later start than anticipated, but worked out better for the post-project pics anyway! LOL

There are tons of videos and how-to walkthroughs on removing the trim so I’ll skip that part. The only thing I’ll add is the BMW has gone back to 10mm heads on the fender liner bolts, and you only need to remove the two that are right near the front /bottom of the wheel well.

You will need to remove (drill or pop out) one of the single use plastic rivets (arrow), but that’s just to allow you to pop out one tab (circled) on the second inner fender liner from the painted trim:

That allows you access to the back of the reflector…not critical during removal of the old one, but extremely helpful when putting in the new painted reflector. Regardless, go slow and easy with a heat gun and keep testing/pushing in on the reflector until it starts to give; then you can slide in a soft plastic tool to separate the tape holding it in…it’s very, very strong!

It’ll eventually come free, and the easiest way to remove it is to pivot it forward and down as it comes out. There’s a tab on the back that goes into a recess on that inner liner too, so it may help to pull that liner in/away from the reflector as you pivot.

Easy peasy (not!):

I test fit the painted one first…keep in mind the inside of the bumper cutout doesn’t look like it’s painted, so it’s critical to get all the old tape out for a snug fit. Any excess tape will not allow the new painted reflector to sit flush and expose this unpainted surface:

Once I knew everything was gtg, I pushed the new painted reflector in far enough for me to grab the red ‘tab’ on the plastic cover for the tape …and peeled it down from inside the wheel well as I also pushed up and out on the painted reflector.

This is where having access to the back of the reflector is important. I was able to push the reflector out against the bumper cover, while pushing the bumper cover in all the way around the edge of the reflector with my fingers to ensure a good solid seal on the tape against the inside of the bumper cover.

Turned out great!

I then re-riveted the inner liner to the bumper cover after reinserting that tab, and then just snapped everything back together. That really was easy-peasy!

Soooooo much better looking!

Again, two thumbs up to IND, great little fix to a serious design flaw (though technically required for most of the US). I’d prefer a European spec bumper, but this is a great quick and easy fix.

Last edited by 91Eunos; 01-09-2022 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 4
boneca1989.00
nZtiZia4591.00
Auricom4349.50
Wes335XI107.00
      01-10-2022, 06:15 AM   #28
amc42
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e, Z4 (E85)

Even though your exterior color is okayish with the orange - that looks instantly so much better...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 02:53 PM   #29
JimVR4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i M-Sport

Nice job changing them out. I removed the wheels and fender liners completely when I did mine but the hardest part is getting the old glue to give way. I had only a hair drier and not a heat gun and it left some residue for me to cleanup.
91Eunos99.00
      01-15-2022, 01:36 PM   #30
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Considered swapping out the rear reflectors for painted versions too, but just tinted them yesterday:

Used VHT ‘night shade’ tint after popping them out (literally took 2 seconds), and cleaning them up with some isopropyl alcohol and a lint-free cloth. Easiest mod there is!

I think it looks great…. Next up: Blacked out model designation badges. I’d prefer to just de-badge it all except for the roundels, but my wife likes the badging and it’s her car after all! LOL
Appreciate 1
boneca1989.00
      01-16-2022, 11:33 AM   #31
10101X5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 10101X101

Looking good! Congrats! Just a suggestion… lower your eye level a bit when you take pictures especially for the front to see if you like the pictures better.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:47 AM   #32
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Looking good. I desperately want to color match my front reflector too, but after spending hours doing the swap on my old F06 (same procedures), it was just not worth the time.
      01-19-2022, 06:28 PM   #33
GS2019
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
And re: the interior color also not photographing well, here’s a couple…. Looks almost terra-cotta colored in a couple of these pics, but the Coffee Merino leather is definitely a much warmer brown in person:

And a couple more pics to try to capture the subtleties of this hue:

I love the color. When it's really bright with a lot of sunlight, how does it look vs some darker shades of photos here.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 09:51 PM   #34
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2019 View Post
I love the color. When it's really bright with a lot of sunlight, how does it look vs some darker shades of photos here.
The color definitely ‘pops’ in bright light… Again, it just doesn’t photograph well, but it’s a lot more green than grey in direct light. I’ll try to get some pics mañana in bright daylight, but we’re supposed to get a winter storm, so maybe not. LOL

Not my pic but here’s one that kind of show it:

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 11:24 PM   #35
GS2019
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The color definitely ‘pops’ in bright light… Again, it just doesn’t photograph well, but it’s a lot more green than grey in direct light. I’ll try to get some pics mañana in bright daylight, but we’re supposed to get a winter storm, so maybe not. LOL

Not my pic but here’s one that kind of show it:

Appreciate it. Looks really nice. I'm falling in love with this color.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 05:14 PM   #36
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

GS2019 Here are a couple in more direct light; still late afternoon vs mid-day, but more light. You should be able to zoom in on these for the high-def image.

One of our pups was very curious and kept walking into the pics, LOL

Again, the photographs just don’t capture this color well. This one is about the closest to what it actually looks like in direct light, but still looks more grey than green in the picture vs. In person:

If you think you’re even remotely interested in this color, I really encourage you to go see a vehicle painted this color; it really is stunning in person. Changes from a cool metallic green in direct light to a subdued gray in the shade or at night.

As mentioned in another post, we never would have considered this color based on the configurator, or even based on pictures, but we fell in love with it immediately when we saw it in person.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 06:12 PM   #37
GS2019
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
GS2019 Here are a couple in more direct light; still late afternoon vs mid-day, but more light. You should be able to zoom in on these for the high-def image.

One of our pups was very curious and kept walking into the pics, LOL

Again, the photographs just don’t capture this color well. This one is about the closest to what it actually looks like in direct light, but still looks more grey than green in the picture vs. In person:

If you think you’re even remotely interested in this color, I really encourage you to go see a vehicle painted this color; it really is stunning in person. Changes from a cool metallic green in direct light to a subdued gray in the shade or at night.

As mentioned in another post, we never would have considered this color based on the configurator, or even based on pictures, but we fell in love with it immediately when we saw it in person.
Thank you for all those photos. Looks really nice
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 11:27 AM   #38
GS2019
First Lieutenant
Rep

My spouse now loves this color after seeing your high-def photos.
Appreciate 1
91Eunos99.00
      01-22-2022, 11:54 AM   #39
GS2019
First Lieutenant
Rep

Does M Sport Brakes with BLUE Calipers looks good with this color? do you think the RED Calipers would be better?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 05:08 PM   #40
Renegadenick
Petrol Head
Rep
Drives: Slow Cars

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS2019 View Post
Does M Sport Brakes with BLUE Calipers looks good with this color? do you think the RED Calipers would be better?
Just picked our Manhattan Green / Tartufo Merino / Red Calipers last night and Red calipers definitely work better on it. There was another Manhattan Green with blue calipers and it did not go as well, in my opinion.

@Nicholastran213
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 05:09 PM   #41
Renegadenick
Petrol Head
Rep
Drives: Slow Cars

Garage List
I'd also pick up the gloss black wiper from IND, just installed mine along with reflector deletes and it makes a big difference.

@Nicholastran213
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 09:18 PM   #42
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegadenick View Post
Just picked our Manhattan Green / Tartufo Merino / Red Calipers last night and Red calipers definitely work better on it. There was another Manhattan Green with blue calipers and it did not go as well, in my opinion.
Yeah, we went back and forth on that too, but settled on the blue just to have something different in the garage.
Appreciate 1
Wes335XI107.00
      01-22-2022, 09:20 PM   #43
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
And need pics! LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 09:26 PM   #44
91Eunos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'd also pick up the gloss black wiper from IND, just installed mine along with reflector deletes and it makes a big difference.
Didn’t get the wipers, but the black badging just showed up in the mail from Australia:

I still want to de-badge it entirely except for the roundels, but it’s her car and she likes the badges, so this was the compromise. LOL
Appreciate 0