BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
whtbst
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Logic 7 Surround Sound on HK Audio

While listening to my Harmon Kardon soundsystem yesterday, I noticed the option for Logic 7 Surround Sound and unticked the box / turned it off to hear the difference in sound. I must say, the music actually sounded much better and clearer without Logic 7 turned on -- when turned on, I thought the music sounded much more muffled and less crisp, particularly the highs (which sounds much sharper/better with Logic 7 off). Anyone else agree or test this out? Do you prefer Logic 7 on or off? I think I'll keep it set to off from now on.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 11:27 AM   #2
john1200c
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i

I have tried both and remember noticing that I liked one way much more. I forget what I picked but will check next time I drive.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtbst View Post
While listening to my Harmon Kardon soundsystem yesterday, I noticed the option for Logic 7 Surround Sound and unticked the box / turned it off to hear the difference in sound. I must say, the music actually sounded much better and clearer without Logic 7 turned on -- when turned on, I thought the music sounded much more muffled and less crisp, particularly the highs (which sounds much sharper/better with Logic 7 off). Anyone else agree or test this out? Do you prefer Logic 7 on or off? I think I'll keep it set to off from now on.
You can turn on Logic 7 and bump up the treble. That way you get the brighter tweeter sound you prefer. Also, not all content sounds better with Logic 7 because of the processing…
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 03:37 PM   #4
maczrool
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M50i Carbon Black

I keep mine off. Don’t like fake surround.
Appreciate 0