BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #1
HomeIn2
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

21” SCORPION Winter Run Flats now @ Tire Rack

While doing my daily Tire Rack check for non-RF 21” OEM spec summer performance tires, I noticed a new option for Winter/Snow tires. Tire Rack now offers Pirelli SCORPION WINTER RUN FLAT tires in our required 275/40 & 315/35 sizes. While this doesn’t help with my quest, I thought I’d pass along the news to our many cold weather G05’ers nonetheless.
      11-17-2020, 06:07 PM   #2
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Tire rack was always supporting the RF versions of scorpion winters.
The fronts are available in RF and non RF but rears are made for BMW so just RF ones.
BMW offers these tires on their website too.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 05:35 PM   #3
HomeIn2
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
The fronts are available in RF and non RF but rears are made for BMW so just RF ones.
Oh, I had never seen this as a Tire Rack option in the factory G05 21" tire size.
      11-18-2020, 05:47 PM   #4
EasternLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21%E2%80%99 X5 40i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIn2 View Post
Quote:
Oh, I had never seen this as a Tire Rack option in the factory G05 21" tire size.
If I had known what limited tire options we had available on the 21's I would have never added them as an option. I recently swapped the 3 season Pirelli p zero's for a lightly used set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde all seasons in the correct sizes, for some reason tirerack doesn't list them as an option (probably because their not RF) but other online tire sites do. I didn't want to risk trying to get through a winter on summer tires.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 07:40 PM   #5
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternLI View Post
If I had known what limited tire options we had available on the 21's I would have never added them as an option. I recently swapped the 3 season Pirelli p zero's for a lightly used set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde all seasons in the correct sizes, for some reason tirerack doesn't list them as an option (probably because their not RF) but other online tire sites do. I didn't want to risk trying to get through a winter on summer tires.
I am going down the rabbit hole of buying a 19" square setup to do Pirelli Scorpion Winter RF or a 20" square setup but won't get RFs for those.
I have the same 21' summers right now. Can you share your drive quality with the Verde A/S. Did you get a chance to drive in wet or snow with them yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #6
TomCat6065
Gear Head
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X2 M35i, 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIn2 View Post
While doing my daily Tire Rack check for non-RF 21” OEM spec summer performance tires, I noticed a new option for Winter/Snow tires. Tire Rack now offers Pirelli SCORPION WINTER RUN FLAT tires in our required 275/40 & 315/35 sizes. While this doesn’t help with my quest, I thought I’d pass along the news to our many cold weather G05’ers nonetheless.
I have them on my M50i. They seem fine. Been riding on the for about a week.
2021 X5 M50i, Carbon Black, Ext Coffee Merino interior, 21" Y Spoke wheels, Matte Poplar woodgrain trim. Adaptive M-Susp, DHP, Exec Package, Park Assist Plus, Driving Assist Pro, Traffic Jam Assist, Heated/Ventilated seats/armrests, Alacantara headliner, Increased speed limiter.
My wife drives a 2020 X2 M35i.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 02:22 AM   #7
EasternLI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21%E2%80%99 X5 40i MSport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternLI View Post
I am going down the rabbit hole of buying a 19" square setup to do Pirelli Scorpion Winter RF or a 20" square setup but won't get RFs for those.
I have the same 21' summers right now. Can you share your drive quality with the Verde A/S. Did you get a chance to drive in wet or snow with them yet?
Well 2 days after I put the tires on the vehicle my center screen went blank and the cars been at the dealer since Friday but I had the same Pirellis on my Durango SRT and they got me through 2.5 yrs of NY weather with no complaints, decent in all weather conditions and lasted 30k miles with life still on them on a heavier and much more powerful vehicle. I did grab a tire plug kit and a small electric tire inflator which I keep in the trunk In case of flats (should have gotten the spare) but I'm happy to have found the set and am confident they'll perform as well as they did on my old car.
Appreciate 0