BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-20-2020, 10:41 AM   #1
king_cliff119
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Looking for Long Island, NY area INDY shop for E70

Hey guys, I searched and could not find where any INDY shops are listed. I have 2011 E70 X5 50i. Just hit 118,000 miles. I now have the infamous smoke coming out the tailpipe when I hit the petal after idling or now it is happening even while in continuous motion but the smoke does not come out as much as when the car idles and takes off. The research I have done is pointing to the valve seals as the issue. Not sure if that is definitely the cause. Right now I am not in a position to get rid of the car like some people suggested to me. A motor swap may be the way to go versus paying the labor for opening the motor and replacing those seals, if that's the cause. I live in the Long ISland, NY area. Can anyone point me towards a certified INDY shop that is really good with BMWs and if needed can swap a motor out?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
tellch00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDI Touareg, 997 Turbo

Hi, you can try TKX Performance in Huntington. They're primarily a porsche race shop but do street cars and other makes. they've been around a pretty long time and have a decent rep.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 10:08 PM   #3
Ryan5034
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Garage List
I would seriously consider selling it. It’s only worth like $8k. It will cost you $3500 to fix it. Sold mine 2 months ago. Same vehicle, engine and mileage. It just doesn’t make sense. Plus you’ll need a but load of extra parts and probably turbos as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 12:05 AM   #4
lknbimmers
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90/G05

Check out M-chanics in Mineola. George specializes in BMW and worked in a few of the dealerships before opening his own shop.
Appreciate 0